Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SL Western Civilization I and II ebooks
Does anyone know where I can access the ebooks for SL's Western Civilization I and II classes??
The Western Experience volume I and II
I've checked Chegg and unless I've missed something, there's no ebooks available for these books, I've also visited Coursesmart and the website knows I'm outside of the US and won't let me access the ebooks, it just transfers me to the UK site which doesn't have these books available Sad

I've googled for random PDF's and I'm wary of downloading anything from websites none of you guys have mentioned .... viruses and all of that.
However, if someone can recommend a website, that's cool too

I really don't want to have to purchase these ebooks from SL but it's beginning to look like my only option - blah.

Funny how I've done a complete u-turn on hard text to ebook .... but you get that Smile

Have you tried ecampus.com?
AngelaP Wrote:Have you tried ecampus.com?
Thank you, will try there Smile

Always check Results for 'the western experience' [WorldCat.org] most like your local library has a copy or a campus near by where you live. I used a college nearby my town to do the class; the school would not let me check the book out because I was not a student but it did allow me to use its printer/scanner for free to scan it to my email address. I used the first edition, super old and the pages were brownished-green - that's how old and I did good. In the mean time, here are first 5 chapters you can start reading, until you get your book.

http://novellaqalive2.mhhe.com/sites/dl/...93_FM2.pdf
http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/dl...9_Ch01.pdf
http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/dl...9_Ch02.pdf
http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/dl...9_Ch03.pdf
http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/dl...9_Ch04.pdf
http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/dl...9_Ch05.pdf
Aimée
Goal: BA in Liberal Arts and ASBA in Business Administration @ TESC
In progress:
Liberal Capstone (finishing Dec 2014)
Clep Marketing (Sched 11/7)
DSST Ethics in America (Sched 11/7)

Completed:
CLEP 12: Eng Comp; Computer Applications
Straighterline 81 credits, 27 classes: Accounting 1 & 2; Anatomy & Physiology 1 & 2: Business Communications; Business Ethics; Business Law; Anthropology; Economics 1 & 2; Biology; Business; Environmental Sciences; Nutrition; Philosophy; Religions; Sociology; Organizational Behavior; Principles Management; US History 1 & 2; Western Civilization 1 & 2; Microbiology; Medical Terminology; Psychology; Criminal Justice
TEEX 6 credits: ALL
ALEKS 12/18 credits: Inter & Col Algebra; PreCalculus; all 3 statistics
BM 13: ENG 1, Legal Terminology, Stategic Thinking, Info Lit
FEMA 30 credits: completed in 2012 and 2013 ( too bad they won't transfer now, waited too long)
Kaplan 3 : PLA
Don't forget to visit learner.org and watch "The Western Tradition" which you'll find helpful along with the InstantCert audio files for Western Civ if you spend time travelling they are brief but cover a vast amount of detail which you'll find helpful in your course.
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,
Thank you Deucess, sadly the library is not an option, plus when I plugged my country into the search box you gave the link for, it only shows a handful of college libraries which have one of the texts and they're at least 6 house drive away lol

Thank you EI2HCB I will check that out Smile

I just picked up a used copy of the book from Amazon for about $15. It covers both I & II. Not sure where you are located, but it might be worth a shot.
TESC 2015 - BSBA, Computer Information Systems

TESC 2019 - 21 Post-bachelor accounting credits
UptonSinclair Wrote:I just picked up a used copy of the book from Amazon for about $15. It covers both I & II. Not sure where you are located, but it might be worth a shot.

How lovely of you, thank you Smile
I've ordered the texts myself from Amazon, I was looking for the ebooks.
Just so you know, I'm in England .... where getting a degree is not as easy or as pleasant Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Save on tuition with Western Undergraduate Exchange wow 0 129 08-16-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: wow
  HIS-1010 / Western Civ. 1 at TESU picochily 8 549 05-05-2024, 04:46 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Western Oregon University Adopts New Grading System LevelUP 13 1,360 02-01-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 7,047 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  Amazon Kindle - Free Ebooks (online or on your Kindle) bjcheung77 3 1,045 12-26-2021, 08:12 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Pennsylvania Western University Alpha 2 1,002 10-15-2021, 01:14 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  75% off all ebooks from the U. of Chicago Press (Aug 16-23) Code: EBOOK75 bjcheung77 0 738 08-16-2021, 03:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Big Grin TESU Non Western History HELP tls7291 2 1,012 01-13-2021, 02:00 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  In-state tuition at NMJC through WUE (for residents of some Western states) wow 3 1,629 01-14-2020, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Non-Western Literature - New course from study.com nosey561 0 1,062 09-19-2019, 07:23 PM
Last Post: nosey561