Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ransomware Attack!
Johann Wrote:Better idea - ZERO cost: Lose my landline, save $50 a month - and pay for a DL PhD on the 75 year plan. I'd only be 149... Smile

J.

Pardon my ignorance, but I have no clue what any of that means.

And I haven't had a landline in at least 10 years, and get spam and robocalls all the time on my cell phone.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:Pardon my ignorance, but I have no clue what any of that means. And I haven't had a landline in at least 10 years, and get spam and robocalls all the time on my cell phone.
Sorry - just a joke and not a very good one, it seems. All I meant was: I could do without my landline and thereby save $50 a month. I could then apply that $50 / month to earn a PhD by distance learning. It would take me 75 years to pay for it, at which time I'd be 149 years old. Again, I apologize - it must be a really bad joke, if it has to be explained to an intelligent person like yourself. I'd say, however that I only get one-tenth the amount of spam on my cell phone - and none of the fraud calls I described. Maybe that's all about to change...

J.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Israel Attack Ignites Civil War Inside Both Political Parties LevelUP 17 2,620 01-03-2024, 06:58 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  MGM reeling from cyber 'chaos' 5 days after attack LevelUP 0 382 09-14-2023, 03:53 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Heart attack warning story Mamasaphire 3 1,951 10-17-2017, 12:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cyber Attack At My Local CC Hunter91 14 2,345 01-11-2017, 09:35 AM
Last Post: mednat