Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RPNow and Messy Room
I use a couple of different laptops to take these exams. One has a poor camera and one has a poor microphone. I have gotten five or six requests for picture/ID redos with the bad camera laptop, but no problems. The bad microphone one has some difficulty with the microphone check, so I end up yelling and still not passing. I have found out that a really strong cough gets past the microphone check with no problems so now I just do that every time. When they replay the room scan, I can hear the incessant ringing that my microphone makes. They must hate me, but that is never a problem with results. I have had several times when my kids have run into the room and that has never been a problem. One time, my twin girls came in crying and I finished the exam with them on my lap. No problem with that one. Another time, the kids came home from school and I ran quickly into a closet to finish the exam. Again, no problems.
eriehiker Wrote:I use a couple of different laptops to take these exams. One has a poor camera and one has a poor microphone. I have gotten five or six requests for picture/ID redos with the bad camera laptop, but no problems. The bad microphone one has some difficulty with the microphone check, so I end up yelling and still not passing. I have found out that a really strong cough gets past the microphone check with no problems so now I just do that every time. When they replay the room scan, I can hear the incessant ringing that my microphone makes. They must hate me, but that is never a problem with results. I have had several times when my kids have run into the room and that has never been a problem. One time, my twin girls came in crying and I finished the exam with them on my lap. No problem with that one. Another time, the kids came home from school and I ran quickly into a closet to finish the exam. Again, no problems.

Glad I went and got a new web cam thought it was a worthwhile investment we had an old one that I didn't know if it would work so well my webcam that I bought was $60 and I think a very worthwhile investment. Happens to be the #1 best seller on amazon if anyone is looking.
eriehiker Wrote:I use a couple of different laptops to take these exams. One has a poor camera and one has a poor microphone. I have gotten five or six requests for picture/ID redos with the bad camera laptop, but no problems. The bad microphone one has some difficulty with the microphone check, so I end up yelling and still not passing. I have found out that a really strong cough gets past the microphone check with no problems so now I just do that every time. When they replay the room scan, I can hear the incessant ringing that my microphone makes. They must hate me, but that is never a problem with results. I have had several times when my kids have run into the room and that has never been a problem. One time, my twin girls came in crying and I finished the exam with them on my lap. No problem with that one. Another time, the kids came home from school and I ran quickly into a closet to finish the exam. Again, no problems.

Was that proctor U or RPNow? Because the one and only time I used ProctorU my kid walked in in the middle and the proctor didn't like it.
Goal: BSBA in Accounting through TESU, 150 credits, Credits so far: 137/150
Received: A.S. in Business Administration, Aug. 2016

Tests taken so far:
Cleps: Psychology (73), College Composition Modular (65), Social Science and History (67), Humanities (59), Marketing (72), Analyzing and Interpreting  Literature (77)
TECEP: Strategic Management Capstone (72)
Aleks: Statistics (71!)
Davar: International Management (82), Intro to Computing (80), American Government (79), Managerial Communications (70)
Study.com: Personal Finance (92), Human Growth and Development (84), Social Psychology (88) Human Resources Management (86)
The Institutes: (76)
Online Accounting Classes: Columbia College: Advanced Accounting, Tax II, TESU: Audit

Up ahead:
Study.com:  Costing, ?
Saylor: Intro to political Science?, Management Info. Systems?
TEEX
Collegelady2 Wrote:Glad I went and got a new web cam thought it was a worthwhile investment we had an old one that I didn't know if it would work so well my webcam that I bought was $60 and I think a very worthwhile investment. Happens to be the #1 best seller on amazon if anyone is looking.

Oh, I spent $20 but by mistake I bought one without a microphone. Then I went out and bought a separate microphone Sad But it doesn't work too well Sad so... I guess I'm buying another one - $60 sounds like a lot more...

Tests taken so far:
Cleps: Psychology (73), College Composition Modular (65), Social Science and History (67), Humanities (59), Marketing (72), Analyzing and Interpreting  Literature (77)
Davar: International Management (82), Intro to Computing (80), American Government (79), Managerial Communications (70)
Study.com: Personal Finance (92), Human Growth and Development (84), Social Psychology (88) Human Resources Management (86)
Online Accounting Classes: Columbia College: Advanced Accounting, Tax II, TESU: Audit

Up ahead:
TEEX
sarg123 Wrote:Oh, I spent $20 but by mistake I bought one without a microphone. Then I went out and bought a separate microphone Sad But it doesn't work too well Sad so... I guess I'm buying another one - $60 sounds like a lot more...

Sounds about the same how much did you pay for that 1st microphone and now having to buy a 2nd.
Collegelady2 Wrote:Sounds about the same how much did you pay for that 1st microphone and now having to buy a 2nd.

Well, with ProctorU they let me chat, but I didn't try RPNow, so I don't know how that would work.

Tests taken so far:

Up ahead:
TEEX
Ideas Wrote:Yes, clutter is fine.

They would probably consider anything with writing on it to be suspicious.

You have to remove or cover phones or mirrors.

Hmm. That's making me nervous. I have a pretty typical double closet with mirrored doors, and my bedroom is tiny (and a mess, to boot). I will be taking exams next week, should I just assume I'll have to put up a curtain or something? I don't have another quiet workspace, so I'm stuck with the bedroom.
ladysoleil Wrote:Hmm. That's making me nervous. I have a pretty typical double closet with mirrored doors, and my bedroom is tiny (and a mess, to boot). I will be taking exams next week, should I just assume I'll have to put up a curtain or something? I don't have another quiet workspace, so I'm stuck with the bedroom.

I have a mirror on my wall, haven't had an issue with it yet. ProctorU has asked me to take down the calendar right above my workspace. Messiness of your room doesn't matter at all, as long as you don't have books/papers/writing stuff in your immediate workspace area (think 2.5-3 ft radius around you).

Don't be nervous, though. ProctorU has a knack for making us nervous bc they're like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get for a proctor! Anytime they come up with new/different requirements, I ask, "Is this a new requirement? Bc I've never been required to do ______ before with ProctorU." The past few times that has worked for me, and they ended up dropping whatever they were micromanaging.
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!
ladysoleil Wrote:Hmm. That's making me nervous. I have a pretty typical double closet with mirrored doors, and my bedroom is tiny (and a mess, to boot). I will be taking exams next week, should I just assume I'll have to put up a curtain or something? I don't have another quiet workspace, so I'm stuck with the bedroom.

You should be fine sounds like a similar setup to mine
Nothing to worry about. You should be fine, as long as the "office desk" space is empty.
They make you move the webcam so they get a 360, a desk shot and under the desk.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flash, RPNow / PSI, & Proctoring rachel83az 0 769 08-18-2020, 08:48 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Rpnow study.com network error!!! dfwdegree 10 3,137 05-02-2020, 09:00 PM
Last Post: maxxor6868
  rpnow study.com maxxor6868 4 1,383 04-26-2020, 10:54 PM
Last Post: maxxor6868
  Study.com- RPNow question gamebradie 4 1,560 02-19-2019, 02:19 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  RPNow blurry photo flagged - which webcam?! Murdockb 9 4,396 01-29-2019, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Murdockb
  Study.com room scan help? scout2family 18 4,510 05-21-2018, 02:05 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  RPNow question a2jc4life 8 2,121 05-17-2017, 05:12 PM
Last Post: a2jc4life
  Davar's Intro to Finance $20 until 2/16; Now uses RPnow for on-demand proctoring jsd 19 3,744 02-20-2017, 09:49 AM
Last Post: KayV