Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick shoutout to DegreeForum and all of the helpful users...
First post! Little background on me: graduated high school about 15 years ago, college wasn't for me, gave up on school and focused on my career. I've made it very far in my career and can be considered "successful" but I had given up on getting my degree because of the time commitment and costs related to it. I've hit a bit of a road block because even though I'm in senior management, for me to jump to the C suite, I need a degree. I was content with just staying put forever. I was at peace with it.

Then I saw ashkir posting on Reddit about how he spent $2800~ to get his degree in under a year and I started doing research on everything. Stumbled on these forums, found out about UMPI, Sophia, Study.com, InstantCert, etc. Saw everyone posting here about how to efficiently and cheaply get a degree from a state school. I was blown away.

Long story short, after having given up on ever getting my degree, I just finished my bachelor's degree with UMPI in Business Admin with a concentration in leadership and management. Took me a total of four months, from April until August. Followed the BABA plan posted here, transferred in tons from Sophia, Study.com, and InstantCert. Finished my UMPI credits in one term after a ton of hard work and late nights. Now I have my degree and it has cost me about $2300. 

I'm shocked. I haven't even processed it yet, but I actually completed my degree in four months and for far, far, FAR less than I ever expected. I can't wait to receive my diploma in the mail and come to graduation next year. I can't thank you all enough for all of the posts, ideas, plans, and encouragement. Even though I haven't been posting alongside all of you for the last few months, I've been lurking, doing my research, making sure I'm doing things correctly, and focusing on school. 

I just want to say THANK YOU. To all of you. Ashkir, ss20ts, bjcheung77, and everyone who consistently posts trying to help everyone out. If she's reading this, shoutout to Jessica at UMPI too. She's been so amazing with everything. The whole UMPI team and YourPace program and the online system have all been a breeze. I can't believe we used to spend thousands of dollars on textbooks.

This forum has changed my life. Forever.
That’s the best thing I could possibly read all day! Congratulations!!!!
MBA - JWMI (in progress)
BA - Edinboro University
Certificate, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation

LawShelf Affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Additional course free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

ENEB Affiliate
MBA + Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/N92904319K?ap=12c8
MBA *or* Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/S92904390Y?ap=44dc
[-] The following 2 users Like Vle045's post:
  • ashkir, uncapentin
Awesome, feels good doesn't it, and not quite real. I was in same boat just over two years ago, now have a BSBA and MBA.

Congratulations!

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
[-] The following 1 user Likes cerich67's post:
  • uncapentin
WOW, that's so awesome and encouraging ! Bravo to you for buckling down and nailing it !!
Congratulations! Yeah I'm not enjoying buying textbooks in grad school. LOL I did enjoy not having to buy any books at UMPI. Good luck moving up to the C-suite!
@gregoryjosef, congrats on getting the degree requirements completed in such a short time! Wow, what a record achievement! Hmm did you add the AALS freebie? Also, just curious what your plans are next... You're in the early part of your career, I guess you're going for a MAOL or MSML, maybe a MBA? There are a few competency based options that may be right for you, or if you want to take it slowly, the $3K MBA at HAU would do the trick and check the Masters box!
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-10-2022, 04:22 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @gregoryjosef, congrats on getting the degree requirements completed in such a short time!  Wow, what a record achievement!  Hmm did you add the AALS freebie? Also, just curious what your plans are next...  You're in the early part of your career, I guess you're going for a MAOL or MSML, maybe a MBA?  There are a few competency based options that may be right for you, or if you want to take it slowly, the $3K MBA at HAU would do the trick and check the Masters box!

Not sure what's next! What's the AALS freebie? And what's this $3k MBA program?
(08-10-2022, 06:08 PM)gregoryjosef Wrote:
(08-10-2022, 04:22 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @gregoryjosef, congrats on getting the degree requirements completed in such a short time!  Wow, what a record achievement!  Hmm did you add the AALS freebie? Also, just curious what your plans are next...  You're in the early part of your career, I guess you're going for a MAOL or MSML, maybe a MBA?  There are a few competency based options that may be right for you, or if you want to take it slowly, the $3K MBA at HAU would do the trick and check the Masters box!

Yup, a legit RA MBA for $3k - https://mba.hauniv.edu  I have a family member halfway through it and they're getting a great deal out of it (and an amazing ROI). Not as fast as UMPI (it is slower more traditional, but quick 7 week courses) -however, you're probably not feeling the pressure to rush to complete that you might have before being a college graduate Smile  - Main thread on the HAU MBA - https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersity-HAU
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(08-10-2022, 06:08 PM)gregoryjosef Wrote:

Hellenic American University has a scholarship going on where full MBA is only $3,000. Small school in NH, program online, RA

I did in 14 months, most will be around 18 it looks like.you can do multiple classes at once to go but faster, or one at a time and take a couple years without as much frantic like an accelerated undergrad.

I thought my BSBA at TESU was quick at 8 months and 3 days, you rocked it!

Awesome staff there's really nice people.

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
[-] The following 1 user Likes cerich67's post:
  • allvia
@gregoryjosef, if you don't have an associates already, you can quickly email Jessica and have them add the program to your list as an additional/second program.  You don't have to do anything and it should be awarded the same time as the BABA.  UMPI AALS is just an AA Liberal Studies, get it free on route to the Bachelors: https://www.umpi.edu/academics/liberal-studies/

Review these two links for the Masters/MBA options that may interest you... 1: Best value MBA  2: Masters With What School?
Depending on how you want to do things, you may want a "one and done" solution, a MAOL at UMPI to finish off your education.
Another option is to do the WGU MSML and ladder to the HAU MBA or vice versa, if you would like an MBA added to your degrees.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another quick conferred degree!!!! HBCIRCA14 14 1,782 09-04-2023, 09:21 AM
Last Post: Infinite-Telephone52
  Quick Question about UMPI Alim83 23 3,176 05-03-2023, 06:37 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Quick Classes HeyGuys 5 1,143 03-14-2023, 12:29 PM
  Quick question about applying acethroughcollege 10 1,553 11-15-2022, 03:19 PM
Last Post: KSoul
  Quick question about GEC requirements? IceSparkle 11 1,581 06-26-2022, 08:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Quick tip final exam jb0433 7 1,230 04-06-2022, 01:13 PM
Last Post: sksandorff90
  Quick Question TPG 3 869 07-31-2021, 09:58 AM