Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Progress
I always wanted a degree, but never had the time because of jobs and kids. I started this on March 5th of this year and achieved the 90 credit mark yesterday. Thirty more and I have a BS in business, should be done by the end of May. Not bad for a guy who is 54 and no college. When I get a chance I'll post my scores.
Pat3r Wrote:I always wanted a degree, but never had the time because of jobs and kids. I started this on March 5th of this year and achieved the 90 credit mark yesterday. Thirty more and I have a BS in business, should be done by the end of May. Not bad for a guy who is 54 and no college. When I get a chance I'll post my scores.

Pat,

Wow!! I am impressed with how much you have accomplished in such a short time! I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who will be inspired by your story.

Keep up the good work, and welcome to the IC family! Big Grin

JoAnne Smile
you got 90 credits in less than two months?????
wooow. i can't even imagine. that must have been intense.
good job anyhow

Mattie Smile
total 102
Cleps 90 credits
English Comp w/ essay, Humanities, Analyzing & Interpreting Lit, Social Science& Hist., College Math, Info Systems, Nat. Sciences, English Lit, American Lit, Psychology, Ed Psychology, Hum Growth & Dev., SpanishII, Marketing, Managment, and Biology, US history I,
Dantes 12 Credits
Technical Writing, Ethics in America, Org Behavior, Gen Anthropology, Fudamentals of Counseling.
Up Coming tests-
Teceps
Social Psychology, Psychology of Personality.
Pat3r Wrote:I always wanted a degree, but never had the time because of jobs and kids. I started this on March 5th of this year and achieved the 90 credit mark yesterday. Thirty more and I have a BS in business, should be done by the end of May. Not bad for a guy who is 54 and no college. When I get a chance I'll post my scores.

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]Excellent!!!

Welcome to the new and improved world of distance learning!!

It is no longer a thing of the future - it's a thing of the present!![/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Here are the class completions since March 5th

Humanities CLEP
Natural Sciences CLEP
Social Sciences and History CLEP
Introductory Psychology CLEP
Introduction to Educational Psychology CLEP
American Government CLEP
Criminal Justice Dantes
Principles of Supervison Dantes
Fundamentals of Counseling Dantes
Information Systems and Computer Aplications CLEP
Introduction to Sociology CLEP
World Population ECE
Ethics theory and practice ECE
Drug and Alcohol Abuse Dantes
Management Information Systems Dantes
Contemporary Western Europe Dantes
Introduction to Law Enforcement Dantes
Organizational Behavior ECE
Here's to your Health Dantes
Principles of Management CLEP
Basic Marketing CLEP
Human/Cultural Geography Dantes
English Composition CLEP
Macro Economics CLEP
Micro Economics CLEP
Mangagement of Human resources ECE
How in the world are you averaging a test every couple of days?????
How did you prepare for these Exams, how did you do it in such a short time
I pace myself to read 50 pages per hour. Since most texts are around 350 pages it takes about 7 hours. I then spend two hours with InstantCert to review. I allocate 4 hours per week night, 8 hours on Saturday and two hours on Sunday. ECE exams have been the hardest. Best grade has been a B in Ethics. As far as CLEP and DANTES they have been mostly A's with four B's in there.

This week I have CLEP Business Law and Accounting for a total of 9 credits more. Next week only Algebra as I have a couple of Dr. appointments. The following week Financial Accounting and Statistics. I should be complete by the last day in May, same day my grandson graduates from Kindergarten.
I'm 13 and I have 3 hours in sociology and I'm working on US History I test, maybe if I keep this up I will get as many as you guys!

GOOD JOB PEOPLE!!!
SubwayIsTasty Wrote:I'm 13 and I have 3 hours in sociology and I'm working on US History I test, maybe if I keep this up I will get as many as you guys!

GOOD JOB PEOPLE!!!

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]"Welcome Jared" - Rolleyes - I like your user name!! Big Grin

Sounds like you're way ahead of the pack considering your age and we all hope you continue to succeed. Good Luck!![/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No degree to MBA-HR in 20 months - Nodaclu's Progress Thread Nodaclu 155 29,254 01-11-2019, 01:19 AM
Last Post: alab21
  How do you keep track of your progress? Charca 12 2,311 09-05-2018, 10:24 AM
Last Post: Charca
Exclamation New accountability and progress thread! Lewis.Yim 4 1,741 08-05-2018, 08:53 PM
Last Post: eriehiker
  Patten University Undergrad I/O Psychology Progress Thread Nodaclu 17 3,967 03-19-2018, 10:00 PM
Last Post: jsd
  TESU BALS My Progress Update/Study.com Course Suggestions? fcnew52 14 3,260 03-28-2017, 11:42 PM
Last Post: fcnew52
  COSC In Progress on Resume humbleAMG 0 703 11-05-2016, 01:34 PM
Last Post: humbleAMG
  Tracking Progress? rowenta 3 826 08-17-2016, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Zachcleigh
  BCSE Progress KayV 8 1,710 06-28-2016, 09:07 PM
Last Post: jsd
  progress diary creditmonsoon 7 1,239 06-26-2016, 09:28 AM
Last Post: KayV
  My progress + study materials for next exams? kalishakti 3 856 06-16-2016, 01:27 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77