Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Production/Operations Management and Business Policy advice for Excelsior
Sorry about the unnessary post, it has been awhile since I have
been in a forum and I simply forgot I needed to got to the next page.

Thanks,
Patricia
pabradford1 Wrote:What is the title for the Busineess Policy class?
MGMT 485: Management Strategy and Policy?

Thanks,
Patricia

Yes, MGMT 485 is correct. I will register for it tomorrow. It is the capstone business class that has a list of prerequisites a mile long. I am looking forward to it... I mean, compared to some of the other courses I have studied for.

Keep us posted, Patricia, if you take the course at CSU-Pueblo.

The counselors at Excelsior have verified, by the way, that MGMT 485 at CSU-Pueblo is equivalent to Business Policy.
CDM Wrote:Does Thomas Edison accept the business policy equivalent, too?
I don't understand -- how can this be legitimate when there isn't a proctored exam?

I don't know about TESC...:confused: I don't know about their Business degree requirements. But, I think that they would surely require a business capstone course, and if they do, MGMT 485 Management Strategy and Policy should meet that requirement. You may want to run that question by your counselor for good measure.

As far as proxy exams in the Production/Operation Management course are concerned; they took me a longer amount of time to complete -- maybe 2 or three days. Whereas, the homework exercises... I could bust them out one after another.

The MGMT 485 Management Strategy and Policy course MAY HAVE PROCTORED EXAMS. I don't know yet. It is all up to the professor, I think.

I'll find out tomorrow when I register. I hope they don't.
Thomas Edison just got back with me about the MGMT 485. YES. They will accept that course for my business policy requirement! Yes!! Beats taking the TECEP despite the possibility of a proctored exam!!! THANKS!!
CDM Wrote:Thomas Edison just got back with me about the MGMT 485. YES. They will accept that course for my business policy requirement! Yes!! Beats taking the TECEP despite the possibility of a proctored exam!!! THANKS!!

Well, I just registered for MGMT 485 yesterday. I am still not entirely sure about the proxy exams. Hope to know more today or tomorrow when I get my syllabus.

I am happy to hear that this information may be helpful to you.

Will you keep us informed?

If you are registering right away, I will give you my email and we can communicate with each other as we go through the course.Wink
Well, I got my MGMT 485 syllabus and I see that there are two proctored exams.
There are 13 lessons (one for each chapter) 5 questions each;
Two proctored exams. (the mid term covers chapters 1-7 and the final covers chapters 8-13.);
and two Student Projects where we perform a Strategic analysis of two companies.

After reviewing the syllabus I feel that this course may be more challenging than anticipated. At this point, I don't know whether this course is an efficient way of meeting that Business Policy requirement. Nonetheless, I'm going for it!! The syllabus claims that it can be completed in 4-6 weeks, if I take it at an accelerated pace. We'll see.

It's not going to be as user friendly as the Production/Operations Management course I took last month. I can see that I will have to jump through some hoops... such as proxied exams.Sad

I will keep posting updates. It's a little early to judge this book by its cover.
auminer49r Wrote:Well, I got my MGMT 485 syllabus and I see that there are two proctored exams. There are 13 lessons (one for each chapter) 5 questions each; Two proctored exams. (the mid term covers chapters 1-7 and the final covers chapters 8-13.); and two Student Projects where we perform a Strategic analysis of two companies.

After reviewing the syllabus I feel that this course may be more challenging than anticipated. At this point, I don't know whether this course is an efficient way of meeting that Business Policy requirement.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kiwi Lover Wrote:auminer,

I took the TECEP Business Policy exam (and passed it) in December, and when I read the class description for MGMT 485, I immediately thought "that class is way too much work...it would be better to take the exam even if it does cost more money". But everyone that's posted here seemed real excited about the class, so I didn't think I should put in my two cents' worth at that point, but wait until someone had experience with the class itself and could provide some feedback. I mean, I could be totally wrong, and the class IS the better way to go. Personally, though, I would recommend the TECEP exam! Big Grin

JoAnne Smile

Hi Kiwi,
I may end up backing out of this class. I have 14 days to withdraw and still receive a full refund. How long did you have to study for the TECEP Business Policy test? In terms of difficulty, which CLEPS and DSST tests are comparable?
It's time for me to do some more research. I really had a good experience with P/OM , but this Business Policy course... I'm not getting the warm and fuzzies.

Well, back to researching the forums. Thank you so much, Kiwi. I appreciate your info.Smile
I'm following you experiences with op management & Business Policy. I'm talking the op man now...after reading about your experience. I was hopeing that the Policy class would be the same basic setup. That does not seem like the case...

I would also like to hear about the exam option. Maybe there are some other colleges that offer a better Business Policy class.

thanks for all the input.
auminer49r Wrote:Hi Kiwi,
I may end up backing out of this class. I have 14 days to withdraw and still receive a full refund. How long did you have to study for the TECEP Business Policy test? In terms of difficulty, which CLEPS and DSST tests are comparable?
It's time for me to do some more research. I really had a good experience with P/OM , but this Business Policy course... I'm not getting the warm and fuzzies.

Well, back to researching the forums. Thank you so much, Kiwi. I appreciate your info.Smile

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,918 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 2,158 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,658 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman
  Intro + Degree advice, looking at TESU for multiple degrees, BSBA + BSAST coloradocale 14 4,588 08-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Last Post: coloradocale
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 1,994 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,370 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 2,004 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 5,310 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Test Out Business Degree plan Bk2Skool 13 5,003 07-23-2018, 06:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 1 1,410 07-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun