Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Principles of Management
Anyone recently taken this test. I have done a search forum on the specific forum and read extensively (most of these were from 2007). I scored well on the Petersen but have done poor on the clep practice exams. I have read the entire clep REA book, studied the flash cards and still did poorly on the clep exams. The material seems different than what is on the IC flashcards. Does anyone know if the test has recently been upgraded?
A.S. General Transfer Chattanooga State 2009
B.S.L.A. Thomas Edison State College June 7, 2013
33 CLEP
18 DSST
frankiebleyes Wrote:Anyone recently taken this test. I have done a search forum on the specific forum and read extensively (most of these were from 2007). I scored well on the Petersen but have done poor on the clep practice exams. I have read the entire clep REA book, studied the flash cards and still did poorly on the clep exams. The material seems different than what is on the IC flashcards. Does anyone know if the test has recently been upgraded?

I took the test in mid-February. I found it to be a pretty straightforward exam. I used InstantCert and REA, felt thoroughly prepared and did great. I definitely recommend being able to pass the REA CLEP tests. I think they are a pretty good gauge of whether you are prepared. (Though they are sometimes a little harder than the real thing, they are pretty close).

I think I have notes on this exam if you're interested. Smile
~Brittany

From 0 to 120 credits in ten months and seven days because of CollegePlus! and InstantCert!!!

AHHHH!!!!!!!! I DID IT!!!!!!!! Graduation, here I come!

"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save." ~Zephaniah 3:17
I am definitely interested in any notes for this exam. Please PM me and I will give you my e-mail address.

Thank you.
33 CLEP
18 DSST
Just got back from taking the CLEP Principles of Management. I passed easily. The test was mostly theories and theorists. I only used the Cliffnotes Principles of Management quick review.
Just got back from taking Principles of Management and passed. It was nothing like the clep REA tests, much easier. A pass is a pass. Thanks to those who encouraged me. Feels good to have a pass after failing biology.
33 CLEP
18 DSST
Congratulations!
[SIZE="4"]Nick[/SIZE]

CC:
Principles of Macroeconomics
Principles of Microeconomics
Music Fundamentals
Computer Literacy

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Taken:
English Composition w/ Essay CLEP 57
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP 65
Introductory Psychology CLEP 57
Western Civilization I CLEP 55[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Studying for:
Principles of Management
American Government
Well done!
I could really use insight b/c I'm taking the CLEP Principlkes of Managment at the end of the month..
michellebusse Wrote:I could really use insight b/c I'm taking the CLEP Principlkes of Managment at the end of the month..

I'm hoping to take this test sometime this month. I've been using these videos to study. Business 101: Principles of Management Course - Free Online Video Lessons | Education Portal You might want to check them out. Also, read the test description at collegeboard.org. It details what topics will be on the test. Good luck!
CLEP:
West. Civ I - 65, A&I Lit - 66, Biology - 65, Chemistry - 55, Nat. Sciences - 64, US Hist I - 68, Am. Lit - 61, US Hist II - 62, Am. Gov. - 67, Macroecon. - 63, Microecon. - 75, College Comp. - 66, Prin. of Marketing - 68, Prin. of Mngt - 71

DSST:
Civil War and Reconst. - 70, Prin. of Supervision - 443, Intro to World Rel - 477, Intro to Bus - 443, HR Mgmt - 64, Intro to Computing - 458, Prin. of Fin. Acct - 80Big Grin, Bus Ethics & Society - 447, Prin. of Finance - 437

ALEKS:
Int. Algebra, College Algebra, Precalc, Intro to Stats., Business Stats.

SAYLOR:
Corp. Comm - 78%, Bus Law and Ethics - 76%

PENN FOSTER:
Manag. Acct. - 96, Int. Acct. 1 - 98, Int. Acct. 2 - 87, Cost Acct. - 94, Strategic Bus. Mngt. - 95

ADAMS STATE:
Auditing - 89

LSU:
Adv. Acct. - B

TECEP:
Fed Income Taxation

BSBA Accounting
michellebusse Wrote:I could really use insight b/c I'm taking the CLEP Principlkes of Managment at the end of the month..
Definitely get the terms down. BusinessDictionary.com - Online Business Dictionary was a great resource for me. Don't be afraid to just Google unfamiliar topics/terms/concepts...usually several good explanations come up. CliffsNotes is good too.
BA History 2014 - TESC

The Lord is my shepherd. Psalm 23

"I'm going on an adventure!' ~AUJ
"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's given to us." ~FotR
"There is still hope." ~TTT
"Courage..." "This day, we fight!" ~RotK

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google Project Management Cert? GoBroncos95 11 980 07-06-2024, 11:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 2 1,482 05-27-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Project Management Training: ENEB, Google or others? JPN 9 2,834 12-08-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  TECEP Operations Management colinsr 4 734 10-09-2023, 11:06 AM
  7 Time-Management Tips for Online College Students LevelUP 0 608 02-08-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Degree choices. BA Supply chain management vs BLS with an MIS minor Schlafen 12 1,417 01-31-2023, 12:06 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  Google Project Management: Professional Certificate midnite123 5 2,190 10-06-2022, 07:46 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Learning Management System Vle045 12 1,604 06-24-2022, 12:01 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  University of London offering 15% bursary for their MSc in Management programs nyvrem 5 997 05-26-2022, 01:10 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  Is it a good idea to step into cybersecurity domain after graduting from management? rishu 7 1,301 01-06-2022, 12:10 AM