Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FEMA Courses Questions
I'm new to the whole FEMA credit courses. A few questions to anyone who would be willing to help me. How does it work? Where do I go to actually take these classes online? How long does each coures take? Is it free?

Anything you can tell me about FEMA and how to get started would be greatly appreciated.
Cleps Passed: (36) English Comp w/essay, Freshman Comp, A & I Lit, Princ of Management, , College Math, Humanities, US History 1 and US History 2, Marketing

Dantes Passed: (48) Astronomy, Supervision, Bus. Math, Intro to Bus, Human Resource Management, Ethics in America, Tech Writing, Intro to Computing, World Religions, Personal Finance, Intro to LE, Org Behavior, Environment & Humanity, Here's to your Health and Criminal Justice.

Traditional: (43)

FEMA: (13)

Military: (70+)
If you do a search in this forum for FEMA you should find all the info you are looking for including the link to the courses.
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
This is pretty much a copy of my post found here:
http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...redit.html
I trimmed it a bit for this particular question.
------------------------------
The actual class is free to take, getting it turned into credit can cost varying amounts depending on your plan.

The website is here: Emergency Management Institute - FEMA Independent Study Program

Note the college credits table is for Fredricks Community College, TESC and others vary in credit given.

You pay a fee to have Fredricks transcribe the credit or can credit bank at TESC and a few other methods but one must be very careful the plan will work before spending money. Just because a regionally accredited college took the credit doesn't mean it will transfer like one could hope.

Some schools take credit raw, a few will require fredrick or another to take it first. It's a bizarre system, one must be very careful and go to the right schools.

Red rocks community college in Denver will take about 30 also and you only have to take one class and they will add it to their regionally accredited transcript for $15 a credit. I will warn you that the one class could be expensive if you are out of state and transferability is still a question.

It seems people who go to TESC have had the best luck with the credit. I don't believe it costs anything to transfer the free classes in, so if you go to this particular school the classes are free if I'm not mistaken.

-----------------------

And go ahead and do a search, you will find volumes of information on this particular issue and then if anything is still hazy go ahead and post again or send me a PM.
Please stop corporate child abuse, learn about World Wide Association of Specialty Programs and other "troubled teen" facilities that abuse kids and cheat parents:
http://www.time.com/time/health/article/...82,00.html
http://cafety.org/films/765-whos-watchin...ontana-pbs

The Goal:
A.S. From Excelsior

>>>COMPLETE!

63 FEMA courses complete 1/2/10
4 NFA courses Complete 1/5/10
A+ (Computer Repair)
N+ (Networking)
MCP XP PRO (Microsoft Certified Professional)
AP English Literature
ALEKS Beginning Algebra
ALEKS Intermediate Algebra
ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS TRIG.
ALEKS Intro to STATS
Straighterline Macro Econ
Straighterline Micro Econ
Straighterline Accounting I
Straighterline Accounting II
Penn Foster Info Literacy
Penn Foster Art Appreciation
Penn Foster Music Appreciation
Penn Foster Psychology
Hi Shadowless,

I just posted the answer to your question.

http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post71745

bb

Shadowless Wrote:I'm new to the whole FEMA credit courses. A few questions to anyone who would be willing to help me. How does it work? Where do I go to actually take these classes online? How long does each coures take? Is it free?

Anything you can tell me about FEMA and how to get started would be greatly appreciated.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Below I've linked to other FEMA discussions on the IC forum. What is neat about this forum is that so many people have discussed the same issues that it makes finding the info you need nice and quick. Using the search function will get a motherload of information, and you don't have to wait for people to weigh in! I found this extremely helpful on the ALEKS thread as I was weighing the pros and cons of going that route. Smile For more of the same you can go here to the FEMA search I did on IC.

Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

Thread 4

Thread 5
~Autumn

Master of Arts - Emergency and Disaster Management - Estimated Completion 2014
Bachelor of Science Human Services in Emergency Disaster Services - TESC- December 2009
Culinary Arts Certificate - Boise State University 2002

Education teaches a man to spell experience.Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data Analytics Courses - Maven Analytics Vle045 3 633 09-16-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 56 10,065 09-12-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: slammX
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 444 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Clackamas Courses - Online or Remote (set schedule) bjcheung77 8 1,814 09-07-2024, 10:01 PM
  Are discussion questions becoming irrelevant with AI?? Vle045 26 1,414 08-19-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 23 3,791 08-16-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 397 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,475 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Closed Sophia Courses BritStudent 5 537 07-10-2024, 06:16 PM
  Reasonably priced upper-division RA math courses Ivo Lah 5 641 06-18-2024, 11:20 AM