Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
University of the People accepts transfer credits now! (Also a quick question)
I'm a big fan of UofPeople and I was thrilled to find out that they are finally able to accept transfer credits! Unfortunately, not ACE credits. I emailed to ask and it they responded by telling me that they are working on it!

Transferring Credits to University of the People - UoPeople
Quote:UoPeople may award 50 percent of the credits required for an undergraduate degree program (exceptions may
be made in special cases to a maximum of 75 percent) and a maximum of 50 percent for a graduate degree
program. Hence, UoPeople will apply no more than 45 transfer credits toward the completion of an Associate's
degree, no more than 90 credits toward the completion of a Bachelor's degree, and no more than 18 credits
toward the completion of a Master’s degree.
UoPeople will evaluate courses for those individuals who have submitted a complete application to study at
UoPeople, including enrolled students.

This got me thinking. Does TESU accept NA credits? UofPeople's credits can transfer out if the receiving school OKs it. So, I'm wondering if I could study my UL courses there, then transfer everything over to TESU for a RA degree in Computer Science.
Currently working on: BSBA-Accounting @ WGU

Open Source Degrees: Computer Science | Data Science | Game Development
TESU does not accept NA credits.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:TESU does not accept NA credits.

Well that answers that. For some reason I thought they did. Thanks
Currently working on: BSBA-Accounting @ WGU

Open Source Degrees: Computer Science | Data Science | Game Development
Brownie82 Wrote:Well that answers that. For some reason I thought they did. Thanks

Excelsior considers NA credits on a case-by-case basis. I think COSC is the same as TESU. I don't see what the big deal is when they accept ACE and NCCRS credits.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
This is pretty cool. They had a recent survey that I filled out and one of the questions was if having trasfer credits as an option, would that be a reason to consider UofP for an MBA. 18 credits transfered makes their DEAC/MBA cost $1,200 ($200 x 6 exams). Dependent on what your interest is for an MBA, that's an amazing value. If you already have a Masters and could get 18 credits transfered in, this may be an option for someone to secure an MBA for pennies on the dollar. Especially, for those that otherwise would not even entertain getting an MBA.

This has a similar feel to those securing a Masters in Divinity at Nations University because you can due to the cost more than actually needing one.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
RANSOMSOUL Wrote:This is pretty cool. They had a recent survey that I filled out and one of the questions was if having trasfer credits as an option, would that be a reason to consider UofP for an MBA. 18 credits transfered makes their DEAC/MBA cost $1,200 ($200 x 6 exams). Dependent on what your interest is for an MBA, that's an amazing value. If you already have a Masters and could get 18 credits transfered in, this may be an option for someone to secure an MBA for pennies on the dollar. Especially, for those that otherwise would not even entertain getting an MBA.

This has a similar feel to those securing a Masters in Divinity at Nations University because you can due to the cost more than actually needing one.

But, the 18 credits have to apply to the MBA. In other words, they have to meet the specific curriculum requirements. If you take 18 credits somewhere else, they're going to cost a lot more than they would at UotP. So, my guess is that this will be helpful to very few people ...maybe people who dropped out of an MBA program.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
What's so awesome about you Sanantone is:

1. Crazy resource that has helped pretty much everyone in this forum

2. I knew there would be no way you would not share how this doesn't help many and credits would have to match well for transfer

There was almost an interest to say Hi in my post but wanted to see if my gut instinct was correct Smile

Here's the easiest example that I see being a cool move. For all those with a RA Masters in Management, Finance, Leadership, Economics, now could most likely get approval for 18 transfer credits and for a cost of $1,200, they would have an MBA. Hard to not see that as a value. Add their transfer relationship with Berkley and it may be a future PHD gateway.

Figured I would finish with an over the top statement to keep it interesting Smile
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
RANSOMSOUL Wrote:What's so awesome about you Sanantone is:

1. Crazy resource that has helped pretty much everyone in this forum

2. I knew there would be no way you would not share how this doesn't help many and credits would have to match well for transfer

There was almost an interest to say Hi in my post but wanted to see if my gut instinct was correct Smile

Here's the easiest example that I see being a cool move. For all those with a RA Masters in Management, Finance, Leadership, Economics, now could most likely get approval for 18 transfer credits and for a cost of $1,200, they would have an MBA. Hard to not see that as a value. Add their transfer relationship with Berkley and it may be a future PHD gateway.

Figured I would finish with an over the top statement to keep it interesting Smile

Here's the curriculum. A management degree might transfer over well, but I'm not so sure about the others.

MBA Course Catalog - UoPeople
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Beginner's Guide to Coffee certificate from Sunway University ArshveerCheema 0 54 8 hours ago
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Perdoceo to acquire University of St. Augustine... bjcheung77 1 203 09-17-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free Course Jacksonville State University a_dblu 58 11,610 09-16-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: wow
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 17 2,850 09-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  University of The Cumberlands Mrsmiracle90 3 359 09-12-2024, 08:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Quick, Cheap, Easy Academic Certificate kevinmane 11 3,236 09-10-2024, 11:03 PM
  XAMK question k-k-k-katy 63 8,617 09-09-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: wow
  Cheap, easy graded credits for increasing GPA. Treach 9 865 09-05-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: karehiro
  Question about admission hueyhoang 3 336 08-31-2024, 10:35 PM
  Prerequisite and credit transfer question kblue6494 4 248 08-29-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: kblue6494