Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New member overwhelmed by the all infos...
Sad 
Hello everybody. First of all, its really nice to see that this kind of knowledge base and extremely helpful people exist.  Angel

Here is my situtation, I have completed medicine, have Master of Science degree but realized that this was wrong career choice for me. I always wanted Computer Science but it was too late at that point (long story) so I completed medicine. I'm looking to get Computer Science undergraduate degree easily. In my country you have to work for the university exam which is hard and cumbersome.

So anyway, I stumbled onto this forum. Before posting this I tried to understand the concepts, read the wiki but couldn't grasp much of it :/ I still have questions. Sad

1. I live in Turkey, it is possible to get degree fully online? Do I have to go to USA? And what about the payment, will there be some trouble? (I have money to pay 5k-10k$ for degree)

2. Appereantly you can get credits by study.com or sophia.com. So you take the exams/assigments from there. This means you can finish it fully online? No need to go to the universities for exams, right?

3. I have still have doubts about these online degree thing. Is this accredited on globally? Or any other nuances to consider?

Note: Quality of courses don't matter much since I was actually learning computer science by OSSU CS which has good quality online courses all around but I needed the diploma (paperworks...)

Also could you guys give some direction, its so easy to lost in all info here.. (because of medicine, I had no idea about these university concepts like credits, etc. for many years, medicine is extremely different from other subjects)
@TR_mahmutpek, Welcome to the board, good initial post to get the ball rolling and the conversation started... but, you've missed the addendum and the template. It's best to provide a bigger overall picture of your scenario so we can see what may be missing or if there is a better option for you. You can keep it compact and concise similar to a short and simple addendum & template. Please fill us in with those extra details asked for from this Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

Quick answers to your questions below.
1) Online is an option, payment shouldn't be a problem either.
2) Sophia.org and Study.com are the combo I recommend.
3) Institutions we recommend are recognized, they're public/state institutions and some are private non-profit.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I just realized that my country's degree equivalence policies are so strict that this online degree route seems impossible for me (they even look for if you visited in that country via passport)

Sorry for bothering you, seems like whole degreeforum journey ended before it started for me...
(06-15-2024, 09:57 PM)TR_mahmutpek Wrote: I just realized that my country's degree equivalence policies are so strict that this online degree route seems impossible for me (they even look for if you visited in that country via passport)

Sorry for bothering you, seems like whole degreeforum journey ended before it started for me...

Are you saying that employers are checking that the degree was done in person, or is this a government requirement? I don't know anything about your country, but I always found that in computers, there were always smaller employers who were not so picky about whether you had a degree or where your degree came from.

I would not give up quite so easily. There are different approaches for different needs. Take the time to fill in the addendum as suggested. Include the details of the limitations you've found with online degrees in your country. There is always the possibility of a path you haven't considered. For example, you could start online, but visit the U.S. (or another country) to finish the final year, or to get a master's after having finished the bachelor's online. There are also lots of EU countries where school can be very cheap or free. Someone here may know a program that could work for you, if they have all of the relevant information.

P.S. Please include information about your previous education. It seems obvious that you already have a bachelor's degree. That can likely give you a big leg up on a second one.

P.P.S. You might want to give some thought to a computer career in the medical field. That might make your medical degree relevant enough that a non-degree certification in computers would be sufficient to enter the job market.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feeling overwhelmed JerBear3000 2 154 09-12-2024, 07:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New here; intrigued, slightly confused and overwhelmed jobojoe285 39 3,319 08-26-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jobojoe285
  California Southern University is now a member of the AIU System PositiveSoul 5 2,405 12-28-2022, 01:59 PM
Last Post: Pappok
  Free Bachelors Degrees for Union Member letterchaser202 32 4,572 11-24-2021, 03:11 PM
Last Post: wow
  Modern States: Mention of TESU+WGU (DF member?) bjcheung77 2 1,088 10-28-2021, 05:28 PM
Last Post: GizmoJack
  Overwhelmed Newbie! Where to start? CiggyTardust 15 3,625 01-08-2019, 11:05 AM
Last Post: mysonx3
  I'm ready, but overwhelmed! sony732 31 5,930 09-12-2018, 01:18 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Need a direction...overwhelmed dfsquare 3 1,753 10-21-2017, 01:32 PM
Last Post: High_Order1
  New Member that's interested yet confused... Help please :) Crawdad1075 14 10,012 04-20-2017, 09:58 PM
Last Post: a2jc4life
  Which College?: New and Overwhelmed. SaebScholar 45 8,284 01-10-2017, 11:39 PM
Last Post: SaebScholar