Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pierpont BOG IS concentration to UMPI BAS with minors
I struggled with the Google IT Professional Certificate. I have no experience at all in the tech world. I'm changing career paths and wanted to get my Cybersecurity and Information Assurance Degree, but I also wanted to get my Board of Governors AAS degree form Pierport too.
(07-26-2023, 12:00 AM)lynnii2 Wrote: I struggled with the Google IT Professional Certificate. I have no experience at all in the tech world. I'm changing career paths and wanted to get my Cybersecurity and Information Assurance Degree, but I also wanted to get my Board of Governors AAS degree form Pierport too.
Both the Data Analytics and UX courses are actually less technical than the IT pro one. The analytics course is focused on how to collect good unbiased data and sorting it etc. The UX course is all about designing user interfaces for a mobile app and a website from a usability and graphics perspective.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nyjosh's post:
  • lynnii2
@lynnii2, I would complete the ASU 1 credit course for $25 since you signed up for that already. Once that is done, make sure to review the rest of the Pierpont BOG AAS as you want to make sure you have all the required 15 credits for gen eds, if you're missing any, do the CLEP/MS or Sophia.org route to get them. Last but not least, get the 40+ remaining credits using the freebies on Coursera/TADA as listed for ACE credit, or Sophia.org and TEEX. You can then try to ladder into the UMPI BAS with a minor or two of your choice. Good luck, have fun!
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • lynnii2
(07-02-2023, 06:44 PM)Tswede Wrote: I am in the process of completing the BAS after a Pierpont BOG AAS with info systems and the BAS MIS, also.

I had many of the same certs and credits as nyjosh above, plus some local college credits and a few other certs.  I had more than 60 hours in the same field, but not all are listed on my degree plan for the BAS.  I assume it's simply because they were not needed. I asked for the BAS and explained my background in the field when I did so.  I didn't get a response, but when my degree requirements came over, it was a form specific to the BAS and all my degree program info says BAS in Mainestreet.

Only these 44 hours are listed as the part that met the requirements for the BAS (plus the AAS from Pierpont):

Coursera - Google IT Professional Certificate (12 hours)
Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate (9 hours)
Coursera - IBM Data Analysis & Visualization Foundations Specialization (V2) (9 hours)
Coursera - AWIT Real-World Cloud Product Management Specialization (6 hours)
Local Community College Programming languages (8 hours)

I don't know what the magic courses or magic words + magic courses are, but in my field it will be a much better degree to have.
Hi thanks for directing me to this post.  Your certs…how long did it take to get these?   Would they be helpful for a full stack developer?  How about expense?   My husband doesn’t really want to go back to school, but I think it would open up some doors that are currently closed because he doesn’t have a degree.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AnonStudent's post:
  • lynnii2
(09-15-2023, 06:26 PM)AnonStudent Wrote: Hi thanks for directing me to this post.  Your certs…how long did it take to get these?   Would they be helpful for a full stack developer?  How about expense?   My husband doesn’t really want to go back to school, but I think it would open up some doors that are currently closed because he doesn’t have a degree.

The Google Courses on Coursera can be done in 1-2 weeks each if you put full focus on it outside of working hours. Him being technical will probably make them go faster for him. You can sign up with The American Dream Academy and take the Coursera courses for free. Even paying, they're $39 per month and the first week is a free trial. Many people have been able to finish the courses in under 7 days to complete it, cancel the membership within the free trial, then start a new free trial with the next course.

https://theamericandreamacademy.org/#getstarted

Aside from the certs, you can take all the courses you need except one at Sophia for $99 a month. If you put focus, you can likely finish everything you need in 2 months. Then take a 1 credit class for RA credit at ASU for I think $50 and you can get the Pierpont BOG degree by transferring in all of the above for free. That's a real fully acredited state school Associates degree at that point. Then you can transfer everything into UMPI to get the bachelors. They're $1500 per 8 week session. You can finish the 10 classes with them in 1-2 sessions if you focus on it and are motivated.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy to help.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nyjosh's post:
  • indigoshuffle
(09-15-2023, 06:26 PM)AnonStudent Wrote:
(07-02-2023, 06:44 PM)Tswede Wrote: I am in the process of completing the BAS after a Pierpont BOG AAS with info systems and the BAS MIS, also.

I had many of the same certs and credits as nyjosh above, plus some local college credits and a few other certs.  I had more than 60 hours in the same field, but not all are listed on my degree plan for the BAS.  I assume it's simply because they were not needed. I asked for the BAS and explained my background in the field when I did so.  I didn't get a response, but when my degree requirements came over, it was a form specific to the BAS and all my degree program info says BAS in Mainestreet.

Only these 44 hours are listed as the part that met the requirements for the BAS (plus the AAS from Pierpont):

Coursera - Google IT Professional Certificate (12 hours)
Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate (9 hours)
Coursera - IBM Data Analysis & Visualization Foundations Specialization (V2) (9 hours)
Coursera - AWIT Real-World Cloud Product Management Specialization (6 hours)
Local Community College Programming languages (8 hours)

I don't know what the magic courses or magic words + magic courses are, but in my field it will be a much better degree to have.
Hi thanks for directing me to this post.  Your certs…how long did it take to get these?   Would they be helpful for a full stack developer?  How about expense?   My husband doesn’t really want to go back to school, but I think it would open up some doors that are currently closed because he doesn’t have a degree.

A week or two per certificate with a few being a little longer (analytics) and AWIT being a few days.  Many can be done free on The American Dream Academy or by getting them finished in the free seven day period. Otherwise, they don't cost a ton and coursera offers financial support/scholarships to people who ask and explain why they need the financial support.

I think all of them that were Coursera were started in July '22 and finished by September '22.  I did other certs that counted for credit too during that time, mostly just to fill out my electives.

Not all Coursera classes have ACE credit attached.  There's a list on the degree forum wiki for Coursera that has more information.  The ones I listed are the combination that got me entry into the Applied Science Bachelors.
Completed
2023 UMPI Bachelor of Applied Science, Minors: Management Info Systems & Political Science, summa cum laude
2022 Pierpont BOG AAS, Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
The American Dream Academy is ending as of October 1st. Students who cannot sign up for TADA by then also have the option of signing up for the monthly Coursera Plus option. Most of these certificates (except the IBM ones) are available through Coursera Plus.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • origamishuttle
(09-16-2023, 02:03 AM)rachel83az Wrote: The American Dream Academy is ending as of October 1st. Students who cannot sign up for TADA by then also have the option of signing up for the monthly Coursera Plus option. Most of these certificates (except the IBM ones) are available through Coursera Plus.
How much would it cost?   My husband is dyslexic so he can’t seem to finish these things in the estimated time frame.  Money is a consideration.
(09-16-2023, 10:32 AM)AnonStudent Wrote:
(09-16-2023, 02:03 AM)rachel83az Wrote: The American Dream Academy is ending as of October 1st. Students who cannot sign up for TADA by then also have the option of signing up for the monthly Coursera Plus option. Most of these certificates (except the IBM ones) are available through Coursera Plus.
How much would it cost?   My husband is dyslexic so he can’t seem to finish these things in the estimated time frame.  Money is a consideration.

It can vary for each person; much depends on their existing technical experience. Since it is currently free I would suggest you have him sign up ASAP and start right away - nothing to lose if he acts now (as it is FREE) - https://theamericandreamacademy.org/#getstarted
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Coursera Plus is about $50/month. Individual Google certificates are about $40/mo. I would also recommend getting started with TADA and then see whether it makes sense to continue with Coursera Plus or pay for individual certificates.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont BOG requirement / register before 10/4/24 Jkjy 29 1,745 2 hours ago
Last Post: delvin
  Pierpont BOG Associates - speedrun before residency changes millionwords 22 1,102 5 hours ago
Last Post: millionwords
  Pierpont BOG Progress AirborneAgent 10 1,163 Yesterday, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 20 3,568 09-13-2024, 08:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Rest in peace, Pierpont BOG AAS? Robson 10 841 09-13-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: slaterjack
  Pierpont BOG inkwell 2 201 09-12-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Pierpont BOG / 1 credit needed intheprocess 7 514 09-09-2024, 01:44 PM
Last Post: DThomas
  new here applied to Pierpont and Umpi doctorTorres 24 1,440 09-04-2024, 01:12 AM
Last Post: doctorTorres
  Pierpont new residency requirement homeschoolmom1 59 6,127 09-02-2024, 05:48 PM
Last Post: ElderlyLeemur
  Alternatives to Pierpont BOG Jin Wang 13 946 08-30-2024, 05:39 AM
Last Post: doctorTorres