Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peterson's Practice Tests vs CLEP Spanish?
How do the Peterson's practice exams compare to the actual Clep Spanish exam in difficulty?
[SIZE="4"]Ridge[/SIZE]

B.S. Technology - Excelsior - 0 Credits Left
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]In general, ALL Petersons exam are MORE difficult than the real thing; don't ask why - that's just the way it is. That said, if you can do reasonably well on the Petersons exams then you should fair well on the real thing.

Good Luck - Happy 2007!![/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Mr. Fey,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm currently studying the REA study guide for Spanish. It seems to be more difficult than the Peterson's practice exams (I have scored an 83 and 91 on exams 1 and 2 respectively). I'm confident that I can pass the CLEP, but am greedy and want the full 12 credits.
[SIZE="4"]Ridge[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]I don't blame you - GO FOR 12!!!

Good Luck - Hapy 2007!!

BTW: "Mr. Fey" is my Dad, please call me Shoto - Smile [/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
ShotoJuku Wrote:[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]I don't blame you - GO FOR 12!!!
Good Luck - Hapy 2007!!

Shoto,

Thanks for the encouragement and Happy New Year to you as well. I'm still in search of an IC member who has taken the Peterson's Spanish tests and gone on to take the CLEP.
[SIZE="4"]Ridge[/SIZE]

wfb0l2c Wrote:Shoto,

Thanks for the encouragement and Happy New Year to you as well. I'm still in search of an IC member who has taken the Peterson's Spanish tests and gone on to take the CLEP.

I'm curious too. I've been contemplating to take this test myself.
ShotoJuku Wrote:[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]I don't blame you - GO FOR 12!!!

Good Luck - Hapy 2007!!

Shoto,

Here's some follow-up to the CLEP Spanish. I took the exam today and scored a 68. The exam difficulty was somewhere between REA and Peterson's, REA being more difficult. Schaum's Spanish Outline was a good study guide, as was this link -http://www.colby.edu/~bknelson/exercises/index.html. I don't think I'll be able to use the full 12 credits due to Excelsior only giving pass/fail now, and me needing 30 graded credits for a GPA (I currently have 18). It still felt good to make the A.
[SIZE="4"]Ridge[/SIZE]

wfb0l2c Wrote:Shoto,

Here's some follow-up to the CLEP Spanish. I took the exam today and scored a 68. The exam difficulty was somewhere between REA and Peterson's, REA being more difficult. Schaum's Spanish Outline was a good study guide, as was this link -http://www.colby.edu/~bknelson/exercises/index.html. I don't think I'll be able to use the full 12 credits due to Excelsior only giving pass/fail now, and me needing 30 graded credits for a GPA (I currently have 18). It still felt good to make the A.

CONGRATULATIONS
on such a great score wfb! I have copied and pasted your recent feedback to the specific feedback section.

Well done!
JoAnne Smile
BS - General Business - June 2007
Excelsior College
Congratulations on passing!!! Thank you for your feedback. I took Spanish for 3 years in high school in the 80's. Although I did take the Peterson's test a few days ago with no study, just wondering how i would do. I got a 63. Are you fairly fluent in Spanish? Have you been studying since December? Please let me know how you think it would be with a few days of review? Thank you!!!
[SIZE="1"]32 traditional credit hours (in 1990) began again by testing in April 2006. CLEP Am. Gov. - CLEP US Hist I - CLEP Am. Lit. CLEP Human Growth - CLEP US Hist II- CLEP CIS - CLEP English Lit - May '07 Associates Degree - registered at Eastern Illinois University - DSST Drug Abuse - CLEP Bio - CLEP Spanish - DSST Civil War - DSST Intro to Law Enforcement
[/SIZE]
JoliesMom Wrote:Congratulations on passing!!! Thank you for your feedback. I took Spanish for 3 years in high school in the 80's. Although I did take the Peterson's test a few days ago with no study, just wondering how i would do. I got a 63. Are you fairly fluent in Spanish? Have you been studying since December? Please let me know how you think it would be with a few days of review? Thank you!!!

Hey JoliesMom,

I don't consider myself fluent because I don't think in Spanish, and verb abuse is still prevalent in my speech. I've been studying Spanish on the side for some time, between other CLEPs, DSSTs, B&M Eng Comp (Fall 06), and most recently B&M College Alg (Summer I 07 - 6wks). If anything > 50 will do, then a few days of study should do. If you're looking for > 66, then it will depend on how well you cram. My recommendations are as follows:

1. Study the Schaum's Spanish Outline
2. Goto the grammar links found @ Free Spanish Lessons and Spanish Language Courses and practice.
3. Take the 2nd Peterson's exam (take shorthand notes during the audio.)
4. Review your exam 1 & 2 trouble areas.
5. Repeat 1 & 2 above.
6. Take the 3rd Peterson's exam (take shorthand notes during the audio.)
7. Review any exam 3 trouble areas.
8. Repeat 1 & 2 above.
9. Go take the CLEP (take shorthand notes during the audio.)
10. Please let me know how steps 1 - 9 worked out.

Best of Luck,
[SIZE="4"]Ridge[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PMP practice quizzes or exams Kjnova 5 464 08-18-2024, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Kjnova
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,361 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  UNED Spanish online university Avidreader 5 765 07-03-2024, 08:29 AM
Last Post: inor
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 1,804 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  DSST practice Exams for BUS LAW II? doloresramirez 6 456 05-06-2024, 02:38 AM
Last Post: doloresramirez
  Spanish - Learning website security breach bjcheung77 1 1,324 12-24-2023, 01:15 AM
Last Post: Johann
  Master Propio in Spanish Teaching 19 Euro elcastor21 11 1,351 09-27-2023, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Anyone complete any of these studies? (Mexican/Spanish Propios) bjcheung77 7 1,345 09-20-2023, 11:31 AM
Last Post: elcastor21
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 673 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Spanish Degree?? splirow 19 1,940 01-17-2023, 10:21 AM
Last Post: rachel83az