Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Personal Trainer Cert- ACE approved!
I've always been interested in fitness and my coworkers, friends are always asking me to work out with them and/or asking me about my training regimen.

I've always had it in the back of my mind to go ahead and get my personal trainer certification someday.

But first things first- I want to get my Bachelor's.

Well found out I can knock out two things with one stone! I won't have to put either on the back burner. I can pursue getting my personal trainer cert while @ the same time get college credits to apply towards my degree!

There's alot of places one can get Personal training certification, the field doesn't seem to be very regulated at all. I am sure some of the personal training certification is pure junk while some may be legit. It's just hard to wade through it all. But when I found out Ace approved these courses for college Credit- I knew I found the course for me.

National Council on Strength and Fitness: NCSF Personal Trainer College Credit

Here is what the advisor from Excelsior wrote!
According to ACE, credit would be awarded for the following courses and exam from the National Council on Strength & Fitness: "Nutrition Weight Management Course & Exam" 1 Upper Level Applied Professional credit, "Fitness Education Prep Course" 2 Upper Level Applied Professional credits and "Personal Trainer Certification Prep Course" for 3 Upper Level Applied Professional credits. I hope this information is helpful but please let us know if you have additional questions. Best wishes in your academic pursuits!
[SIZE="2"]Sounds interesting, do you know exactly how it works?[/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
ShotoJuku Wrote:[SIZE="2"]Sounds interesting, do you know exactly how it works?[/SIZE]

Sign up for the course, study, take the test- pass it, and get college credit. They have three different options - home study only, home study with 2 day workshop, and an 8 week on site personal trainer school. I plan on doing the home study w/ the 2 day workshop and then take my test. I could just do the home study but since the workshop will be in the Chicago area and it's the same cost- I figure it would be nice to get some hands on.

I need 9 upper level applied professional credits anyway, so this works out great. I'll walk away not only with a personal trainer certification I plan on getting use out of, but also credits towards my degree.

Sure the course is expensive @ $299! It works out to about $100 per credit. I am used to paying about $60 for clep, but it's something I really want to do.

I already have a personal training cert, but it's not as good as this one or as recognized. I would hesitate to put the personal trainer cert I have now on my resume. In fact I don't. For that other cert I studied for 1 day and still passed the test?! I never put it to use because I was too scared. I didn't feel prepared @ all.

I don't think I'll be able to do that with this ACE approved course. If I get this one, plus get college credits towards my bachelor's, I think I'll eventually have enough courage to leave my job and do something I really love.
april004 Wrote:Sure the course is expensive @ $299! It works out to about $100 per credit. I am used to paying about $60 for clep, but it's something I really want to do.

[SIZE="4"]Gulp!![/SIZE] :eek:
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
april004 Wrote:I think I'll eventually have enough courage to leave my job and do something I really love.

Good for you! The money is well worth it if you are happy and actually going to use it!
[SIZE="1"]32 traditional credit hours (in 1990) began again by testing in April 2006. CLEP Am. Gov. - CLEP US Hist I - CLEP Am. Lit. CLEP Human Growth - CLEP US Hist II- CLEP CIS - CLEP English Lit - May '07 Associates Degree - registered at Eastern Illinois University - DSST Drug Abuse - CLEP Bio - CLEP Spanish - DSST Civil War - DSST Intro to Law Enforcement
[/SIZE]
Good for you, if this is something you want, do the study time, pay the price and it's yours. After all, college is a business, and in a very short time coming, you'll find that almost anything will be ACE approved. Take advantage of it!.
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  any Cert-free schools? pluggingalong 2 304 08-24-2024, 09:44 PM
Last Post: pluggingalong
  Google Project Management Cert? GoBroncos95 11 887 07-06-2024, 11:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Grad Cert Health Informatics Alpha 0 529 08-01-2022, 04:32 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Suggestions for Certifications to use up Personal Development Funds mohelena02 12 1,756 06-05-2022, 10:21 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Florida Just Became the Largest State to Mandate Personal Finance Education in HS LevelUP 19 2,180 03-27-2022, 02:07 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Has anyone taken Personal Finance? samlarsonns 1 1,589 10-27-2021, 07:40 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  IST - State Approved, freebie option? bjcheung77 0 790 10-10-2021, 03:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cornell Executive Education: $600 Cert: Leading Through Crisis Life Long Learning 6 1,396 08-10-2020, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Instant Cert Flashcards Adv. Eng. Comp Carnation 0 1,008 07-03-2019, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Carnation
  Instant Cert Question acamp 9 2,017 02-01-2019, 10:42 AM
Last Post: Jenniferinfl