Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penn Foster Final
I am writing on this site because I am having difficulty obtaining a response from Penn Foster. I am almost finished taking the exams required for my course. All exams are listed, along with my grade for each. My question is - if a final is required for this class, would it be listed along with the other exams? I have two exams left for this course and I have not been given any information on a final. I have written to Penn Foster, but I have never received a response. I can't seem to get anybody on the phone. I assume a proctored final is needed, but I am unsure. If it is needed, how do I send in my proctor request form? The only form on the website that I can find is for a change in proctors.

As a side note - for those of you that think Penn Foster is easy, I am taking Securities and Investments. For me, this is the most difficult class I have ever taken. My average is in low 70's and I have studied the material with every ounce of effort. In addition, I have received tutoring from two people who currently work in the Securities Department where I work. They are having difficulty with the material. I don't expect any college courses to be easy; however, I think this one is off the charts horrible.

Any information you can provide me, would be much appreciated. God Bless.
Check the syllabus for the course. As I recall from my PF courses, it listed the final. If you need to have a proctor for a final, I think this link will help you. http://www.workforcedevelopment.com/form...e_Form.pdf

Finally, call them and speak to a person; don't leave a message. On PF's web site, I recall an 800 education number, and then an 800 number for the non-education stuff. Call the education number. Good luck. I, too, have found PF courses difficult.
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker
Thank you so very much. That is exactly the form I need. It apparently does require a final, and I don't anticipate passing. However, I plan to give it my all. Thanks again for the information. God Bless.
Do NOT hold me to this, but I recall that you don't have to pass the final to pass the course. That's why I recommend giving it your all for the other tests. Also, and you'll need to check with them about this, if you fail the final (and maybe earlier exams), you can take them again. Even if you get 100%, I think that you only are given a 70%. That may be enough, with other averages, to have you pass the course. Good luck.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker
Thanks for the information. I have a low 70 average. I really am trying, but this course is an absolute bear. I hope you are right about the final. It is going to be so very close. I have a couple of tutors and they are even having problems with this material. I will pray for a passing grade. Thanks for all of your informaiton.
Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm happy to hear that your having problems with a PF course. I feel like the (sole) forum idiot with folks saying how easy they are! Misery loves company.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Penn state's two law schools will be combined into a single law school Imbanewbie 0 613 12-01-2022, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Canadians that lived in foster care, free university cerich67 3 1,347 01-04-2022, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Davissio
  Penn Foster College Ace Credit Expirations okikuma 15 4,657 05-18-2021, 03:29 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Course hero membership... Worth it for SL final exams? onmygo 2 4,103 03-07-2020, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Lacedonia4
  Penn Foster Acquired Ashworth sanantone 2 1,629 09-05-2019, 04:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Penn Foster High School Transfer Credits TrailRunr 18 6,635 02-08-2019, 08:08 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Penn Foster HRM210 and Penn Foster discussion boards EI2HCB 2 3,223 12-02-2018, 06:03 PM
Last Post: EI2HCB
  Intro to Biology final. Prep resources? Life_One 6 1,686 05-30-2018, 02:14 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Penn Foster Macroeconomics - Proctored? rowan555 4 1,763 04-20-2018, 02:30 PM
Last Post: msganti
  Which Penn Foster class = TESC Strategic management? Can219 18 4,725 03-26-2018, 05:14 PM
Last Post: allvia