Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penn Foster Courses and feedback requested
Once my semester is over on Dec 10th, I will have the following courses left to get my B.S. in General Business at Excelsior College.

Business Ethics
Microeconomics
Managerial Accounting
Principles of Finance
Operations Management
Business (Policy) Strategy

I am thinking of taking the following at Penn Foster
BUS400 Business Ethics - Business Ethics
BUS122 Economics 2 - Microeconomics
FIN310 Corporate Finance - Principles of Finance
Operations Management can't find this one. Maybe take at Colorado State University - Pueblo?

Thinking of taking Managerial Accounting (8 week) course at Excelsior and Business Strategy at Excelsior.

If I do take the above courses at Penn Foster, is it possible to complete course under 4 weeks, if I do this one course at a time? I am thinking of doing these in the following order:

Right now I am taking Financial Accounting and Macroeconomics at local community college and semester ends 12/16.

Microeconomics - Penn Foster or CLEP to finish by 01/15
Business Ethics - Penn Foster to finish by 02/15
Managerial Accounting - to finish by April-May 2009 at Excelsior
Corporate Finance - Penn Foster finish by June
Operations Management - CSU-Pueblo by July
Business Policy - not sure when to sign up for this one, maybe half way during studying for operations management

Is the above doable?
joel66, are you sure all these courses will transfer to Excelsior (assuming that's your goal)? The reason I'm saying this is that I don't think the following Penn Foster courses have been ACE reviewed yet:

FIN310 Corporate Finance
BUS400 Business Ethics

These are most likely newer courses added when Penn Foster just recently started offering their Bachelor program. I'm no expert here, but the names of the courses just jumped at me.
Excelsior BSB - MIS concentration (119 credits in the bank)
gus Wrote:joel66, are you sure all these courses will transfer to Excelsior (assuming that's your goal)? The reason I'm saying this is that I don't think the following Penn Foster courses have been ACE reviewed yet:

FIN310 Corporate Finance
BUS400 Business Ethics

These are most likely newer courses added when Penn Foster just recently started offering their Bachelor program. I'm no expert here, but the names of the courses just jumped at me.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw those listed regarding not being ACE reviewed.

Penn Foster does have a course Financial Management that has been ACE reviewed and will satisfy the the Finance requirement.

For your courses you plan on taking at Penn Foster I would recommend registering for them all and do them at the same time, or maybe two at a time. I originally was going to do some courses with PF one at a time, but found it to much trouble. It always seemed like a long delay waiting for books to ship, then waiting for proctor test to ship, then waiting for proctor to be graded before they would ship a new course. Also you will have to pay $25 proctor fee for each course if you do them one at a time. If you sign up for all of them at the same time you only have to pay one $25 fee. Your proctor must be willing for you to test for how many courses you are taking. Usually 1 hour per course. You can download your proctor form from their website to have that approved right away so you have less of a delay.

I think Penn Foster also has a Managerial Accounting course that is approved. For the Ethics requirement you may want to try and take the DSST test for Ethics in America.

CSU-Pueblo course is a good one to do. There is no proctored test and it's work at your own pace.
Sent you a PM
My Excelsior Journey
Bachelor of Science in General Business, cum laude
Excelsior College
Thanks for the feedback. I am considering CLEPing Micro since I took macro at the local school. It looks like 20% of the objectives is also in macro.

From reading the reviews on ethics, I am a little indimidated by that course. lol.

I was trying to find a cheap "Moral Philosophy: Theories and Issues" to read, but it seems that paying the tuition at Penn Foster is about the same as the price of the test and study material. I do plan on getting with Excelsior prior to signing up.

barcotta, thanks for PM, I plan to follow some of the suggestions for testing out.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data Analytics Courses - Maven Analytics Vle045 3 603 09-16-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 56 9,915 09-12-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: slammX
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 413 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Clackamas Courses - Online or Remote (set schedule) bjcheung77 8 1,785 09-07-2024, 10:01 PM
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 23 3,758 08-16-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 362 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,409 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Closed Sophia Courses BritStudent 5 522 07-10-2024, 06:16 PM
  Reasonably priced upper-division RA math courses Ivo Lah 5 608 06-18-2024, 11:20 AM
  ASU Universal Learner Courses vetvso 10 3,232 05-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Avidreader