Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penn Foster
I called EC and they said sure we can transfer your ITT credits in. I sent the official transcript and they accepted 6 credits from my English comp. I'm finding it difficult to get started on my own (work, distractions, kids) I studied for the marketing clep, and got really busy at work (I manage 11 people, 3 major data centers and 5 remote offices) and now I don't know if I remember enough to take the test. I thought if I had a more structured foundation, like knowing which courses I needed to study for, maybe I'd do better. I don't know, honestly this is a little frustrating, I'm all over the place trying to find the cheapest easiest way to do this, and it's all pointing back to the big 3 (TESC my fav) and starting from scratch. Sorry, needed to vent and feel sorry for myself a little Smile
According to this thread, American Military / Public University is RA and does accept some ITT credits. It may be the best of both worlds, if the cost per credit for remaining coursework is reasonable (I could not say) but it may be worth having an evaluation done. The "big 3" are popular on this forum for a reason - they are so flexible and solve a lot of logistical issues adult degree seekers have, that more traditional schools cannot, for very reasonable cost - but there are other flexible schools. It does not have to be TESC, Excelsior, or COSC for an RA.

As jam123 said above, there used to be little difference between RA and NA; so long as people had the degree they claimed during an application process, they made the cut. Today, more and more employers require degrees - as we know, since most of us are here for that reason - and those degrees are checked. An employer requiring a degree may not disqualify an NA degree holder, but it is possible they will receive a lower ranking than other candidates with the same degree from an RA school. If an RA degree can be earned for a little more work and the same cost, why not remove that concern from the table? No one can see what the future holds, but working in the HR field, I can tell you investigation and confirmation of credentials gets easier and easier to do, which means we can get more selective and add more tiers to the selection criteria.
BSBA, HR / Organizational Mgmt - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
- TESC Chapter of Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
- Arnold Fletcher Award

AAS, Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
AS, Business Administration - Thomas Edison State College, March 2012
Gmagerr sent you a PM.
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Ok, well Capella changed their story a little so they're out of the picture. I called Western Governors University today and they said my entire Associates Degree from ITT Technical Institute should transfer in there for the BSBA. Anyone have any experience with WGU? Price seems reasonable as well
gmagerr Wrote:Ok, well Capella changed their story a little so they're out of the picture. I called Western Governors University today and they said my entire Associates Degree from ITT Technical Institute should transfer in there for the BSBA. Anyone have any experience with WGU? Price seems reasonable as well

I attended WGU for a bit in 2010. I opted for TESC to finish my undergrad but I'm heavily considering going back there for a Masters. I really liked the self-paced environment and my mentor was great. Tuition was very affordable. My only real complaint was all the separate websites and multiple passwords for each.
[SIZE=1]Goals:
MS in Information Security & Assurance at WGU (In progress...)
DONE - AAS in Applied Computer Studies at TESC (Graduated)
DONE - BA Liberal Studies at TESC (Graduated)

CLEP/DSST/TESC:
* Social Science & History CLEP
* A History of the Vietnam War DSST
* Organizational Behavior DSST
* SOS-110: Living in the Information Age
* SOS-150: Self-assessment & Career Exploration
* Fundamentals of Counseling DSST
* Substance Abuse DSST
* Intro to World Religions DSST
* Intro to Computing DSST
* Intro to Sociology CLEP
* MIS DSST
* Spanish CLEP
* Analyzing & Interpreting Literature CLEP
* College Composition CLEP
[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Penn state's two law schools will be combined into a single law school Imbanewbie 0 613 12-01-2022, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Canadians that lived in foster care, free university cerich67 3 1,347 01-04-2022, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Davissio
  Penn Foster College Ace Credit Expirations okikuma 15 4,656 05-18-2021, 03:29 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Penn Foster Acquired Ashworth sanantone 2 1,629 09-05-2019, 04:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Penn Foster High School Transfer Credits TrailRunr 18 6,634 02-08-2019, 08:08 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Penn Foster HRM210 and Penn Foster discussion boards EI2HCB 2 3,223 12-02-2018, 06:03 PM
Last Post: EI2HCB
  Penn Foster Macroeconomics - Proctored? rowan555 4 1,763 04-20-2018, 02:30 PM
Last Post: msganti
  Which Penn Foster class = TESC Strategic management? Can219 18 4,725 03-26-2018, 05:14 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Art Institute > Penn Foster > TESU HAYDENTREE77 43 8,798 02-26-2018, 01:12 PM
Last Post: HAYDENTREE77
  Just took my final exams for a few Penn Foster course and wow ironheadjack 11 14,416 02-18-2018, 10:41 PM
Last Post: RANSOMSOUL