Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passed Humanities
Hello all. I just passed humanities. I read somewhere here that it is best to have a broad vs. deep knowledge. I now totally agree. It was a broad subject test. I studied with instacert and Peterson's. Big Grin Thanks for all the tips here.
Kristen
WAY TO GO!!!!! And WELCOME!!!!!
[SIZE="2"]Congrats and Welcome to the IC-Forums-Classroom!![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
I have a question about this test, and excelsior, what do you need to get on the test to be given an "A or a "B" by excelsior?
derek10rr3 Wrote:I have a question about this test, and excelsior, what do you need to get on the test to be given an "A or a "B" by excelsior?

They do not assign a grade for this test. It's simply a PASS if you score 50 or higher.

Download the "Student Guide to Credit by Assessment" PDF from Excelsior's website. This will give you all the scores you need for ECE/CLEP/DANTES, as well as any grade that is given by Excelsior.
anorrn Wrote:Hello all. I just passed humanities. I read somewhere here that it is best to have a broad vs. deep knowledge. I now totally agree. It was a broad subject test. I studied with instacert and Peterson's. Big Grin Thanks for all the tips here.
Kristen

[SIZE="5"]Congrats on your pass on a difficult test! Lee[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
anorrn Wrote:Hello all. I just passed humanities. I read somewhere here that it is best to have a broad vs. deep knowledge. I now totally agree. It was a broad subject test. I studied with instacert and Peterson's. Big Grin Thanks for all the tips here.
Kristen

One question, when people refer to studying using petersons, do they mean the online practice exams, or does petersons have something even more than that?

thanks for helping out a newbie to all this stuff.
I'm taking this one tomorrow. I am scared, but I feel ready for it as much as one CAN be ready. My primary studying has been IC, CLEP practice exam, and Cracking the CLEP practice exam. Scored a 72% on Cracking the CLEP and 82% on CLEP practice exam. With IC, I did each section until I scored a perfect 100% even if I misspelled a word. IOW...practice, practice, practice.
Machelle

HG&D - 62
Ed. Psych - 57
Humanities - 59
A&I Literature - 59
Here's To Your Health - 59
Fund. of Counseling - 49
Criminal Justice - 55
Intro to Law Enforcement - 51
Congrats!! Keep up the great work!
Big Grin Matymus Primehilarious
Waterloo, NY
Excelsior College
B.S. General Business, Class of 2008

Fall 2011 - currently pursuing Pre-Pharmacy
I passed!!!! WHOO HOO!! I got a 59! I can't tell you how much knowing IC helped me. Lots of questions on interpreting poetry, who wrote what pieces of literature, who composed what operas. Also lots about Oedipus and questions in that time period. Not too many by way of identifying artistic pieces, which disappointed me, since that is my strongest area. If you seriously study IC, you should have no problem coming out with a pass, as IC was my primary study guide. I didn't even look too much at Peterson's for this one. Even though I bought the REA guide, I didn't look at that one much either. Honestly for me...IC and the CLEP study guide are the tickets!! Don't rush through the answers, because though some questions will require more thought, most of them are very straightforward and I whizzed right through them. Can't believe how scared I was, but I finished in one hour!!! Thanks a BILLION, IC!!! Big Grin
Machelle

HG&D - 62
Ed. Psych - 57
Humanities - 59
A&I Literature - 59
Here's To Your Health - 59
Fund. of Counseling - 49
Criminal Justice - 55
Intro to Law Enforcement - 51

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kim did it after 4 tries! <baby bar passed> bjcheung77 9 1,745 04-23-2024, 06:55 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Why Majoring in the Humanities Can Be a Great Career Move allvia 1 466 10-08-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Humanities Degrees and Stem Degrees Deserve Equal Respect LevelUP 12 2,710 03-10-2022, 07:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Passed the CISSP Exam jamshid666 5 2,078 09-27-2021, 01:58 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Passed the CHFI Exam jamshid666 9 1,803 07-17-2021, 06:40 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Humanities Works Alpha 17 2,882 02-07-2021, 09:52 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Passed Environment & Humanity DSST (feedback included) journey 9 3,495 06-06-2019, 06:29 AM
Last Post: FishNDip
  Passed Intro to Psych CLEP...which next? S.Tesla 3 1,367 04-17-2019, 11:58 PM
Last Post: TryHardDieHard
  Passed CLEP Financial Accounting with a 65!!! mecurtis 4 1,712 02-06-2019, 04:15 PM
Last Post: ericamead21
  Passed Educational Psychology with a 74! zapproximator 2 1,337 09-28-2018, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Supermind