Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outlier.org is now offering $200 off referral savings
Hi! I found out today that outlier is offering a discount of $200 if you are referred, and the referring friend also gets $200 off. If you know somebody who also want to take a course I think it's a great opportunity.
Unfortunately not my case. If you are interested in my referral code so we both get the discount please PM me! I'll be very happy Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Jvr27's post:
  • dreamarts, Imbanewbie, MNomadic
FYI, traditional colleges don't accept outlier credits. I've tried to transfer the credits and was rejected.
They don't accept credits from the University of Pittsburgh? That seems unlikely, unless it's a school that's unusually strict in its transfer requirements.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Jvr27
All of the classes except the Calc 1 and Precalc class are cheaper on Sophia. I don't know if I would worry about RA credit for these easy to find LL courses though. Will you get RA credit for these courses? Seems like they know that transferring may be an issue:

https://outlierorg.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/...Pittsburgh-

https://outlierorg.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/...it-process-

https://outlierorg.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/...er-credits-
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Pikachu
(09-11-2021, 05:39 PM)rachel83az Wrote: They don't accept credits from the University of Pittsburgh? That seems unlikely, unless it's a school that's unusually strict in its transfer requirements.

If the course wasn't taken at the Univ of Pittsburgh, traditional schools don't see it as a valid credit. I learned that. 
Also, Univ of Pittsburgh don't list outlier courses on their course catalog website.
So, I can imagine that only online schools like Purdue Global, Strayer Univ will take outlier credits.
(09-11-2021, 06:40 PM)nomaduser Wrote:
(09-11-2021, 05:39 PM)rachel83az Wrote: They don't accept credits from the University of Pittsburgh? That seems unlikely, unless it's a school that's unusually strict in its transfer requirements.

If the course wasn't taken at the Univ of Pittsburgh, traditional schools don't see it as a valid credit. I learned that. 
Also, Univ of Pittsburgh don't list outlier courses on their course catalog website.
So, I can imagine that only online schools like Purdue Global, Strayer Univ will take outlier credits.

This issue doesn't seem to apply to ASU ULC somehow. ASU transcripts EA/ULC courses exactly as if they were taken on campus; the documentation is indistinguishable. There are several stories out there from people successfully transferring their ASU credits to major schools. Not sure why Outlier/Pittsburgh has problems.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
(09-11-2021, 06:55 PM)jch Wrote: This issue doesn't seem to apply to ASU ULC somehow. ASU transcripts EA/ULC courses exactly as if they were taken on campus; the documentation is indistinguishable. There are several stories out there from people successfully transferring their ASU credits to major schools. Not sure why Outlier/Pittsburgh has problems.

ASU online courses are created by ASU faculty members.
Outlier courses are not created by University of Pittsburgh. None of University of Pittsburgh faculty members were involved.  And University of Pittsburgh never list Outlier courses on their website lol
(09-11-2021, 04:34 PM)Jvr27 Wrote: Hi! I found out today that outlier is offering a discount of $200 if you are referred, and the referring friend also gets $200 off. If you know somebody who also want to take a course I think it's a great opportunity.
Unfortunately not my case. If you are interested in my referral code so we both get the discount please PM me! I'll be very happy Big Grin

Wow, good deal! Is there a limited window of opportunity here? Like I don't have room in schedule to take advantage right now but I'd totally take some of these for $200 in several months.

"We are excited to be partnering with the University of Pittsburgh for our courses. Upon successful completion, you will receive 3 college semester credits from the University of Pittsburgh, transferrable to other colleges and universities subject to review and approval by the receiving institution.

When you transfer your credits, it will come as an official transcript from the University of Pittsburgh. The course syllabus will include the specific course numbers.

Not sure how to approve your credits or where to start? We’ve created a Transfer Credit Tool Kit for each step you would need to complete when approving and transferring your credits (checklist included).

Once you've completed the course, you may request a transcript from the University of Pittsburgh and they will send an official E-Transcript to your school of choice."
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(09-11-2021, 06:40 PM)nomaduser Wrote:

Can you post your transcript from Pitt so we can see what they look like?  Just remove your personal info.

And then what you got from a school you tried to send it to as to why they wouldn't accept the credit.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-04-2021, 12:04 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Can you post your transcript from Pitt so we can see what they look like?  Just remove your personal info.

And then what you got from a school you tried to send it to as to why they wouldn't accept the credit.

So traditional schools need to review syllabus of a course you have taken to see if they can accept your transfer credits.
This is the case at nearly all traditional schools.

So I sent Outlier syllabus PDF file to the school and they said they can't accept any course taken on Outlier website because Outlier don't have any accreditation as an educational institution.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Davar Academy No Longer Offering 50% Off? ExcellentPhoto 5 375 08-24-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Request for SDC / Study.com Discount Referral code eureka21 14 3,063 08-27-2021, 04:29 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  Outlier.org now listed on ACE MNomadic 6 1,367 04-19-2021, 09:13 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study.com referral code oroseeo 25 4,684 12-20-2020, 06:24 PM
Last Post: thepoetvd776
  SDC referral/discount code adegree4me 1 880 12-15-2020, 01:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com Referral KloeRinz 10 2,223 09-03-2020, 01:46 PM
  Coopersmith Discount Code - does anyone have one or a referral key udi 19 6,064 07-25-2020, 05:27 AM
Last Post: ctcarl
  SDC Referral Edriveless 1 1,012 06-07-2020, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com Referral/Coupon Code? ISKBizz15 12 7,993 03-25-2020, 11:01 AM
  Pearson no longer offering live support due to Coronavirus jsh1138 2 1,057 03-19-2020, 04:54 PM
Last Post: jsh1138