Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online math level placement test?
Anyone know of a (free) online test for math level like the one CCs give before you register? I know my math skills are awful - right now I would definitely place into remedial classes, so I want to start working on getting up to snuff so I can at least place into a credit earning class when school starts! Ive found a few tests online but you either have to pay or theyre part of gamez for kids. Thanks in advance if anyone knows of one!
Maybe you're not looking at this the right way. You should study for math and relearn concepts. You're not gonna learn anything by just writing a test. That being said, you should sign up with khan academy and do problems to figure out your level. Watch relevant videos for lectures to review, and after all that time, then take the test.
Goal - BA Mathematics Major at TESC
Plan: International AP Calculus Teacher

COMPLETED: [B]123/B]
B&M (Philosophy, Psychology, Calculus I/II, Physics I/II, Discrete Structures I/II, Comp Sci, Astronomy, Ethics)*42 credits
Athabasca (Nutrition, Globalization)*6 credits
ALEKS (Stats, Precalculus)*6 credits
CLEPS (College Math 73, A&I Lit 73, French 63, Social Sciences and History 59, American Lit 57, English Lit 59)*42 credits
TECEP (English Composition I, II)*6 credits
TESC Courses (MAT 270 Discrete Math A, MAT 321 Linear Algebra B, MAT 331 Calculus III B+, MAT 332 Calculus IV B-,
MAT 361 College Geometry B+, MAT 401 Mathematical Logic B, LIB-495 Capstone B)*21 credits
DSST (MIS, Intro to Computing)*6 credits*(not using)
Here in Minnesota they use the "Accuplacer" from Collegeboard. Here are the sample questions (go through until you hit the math questions):
http://professionals.collegeboard.com/pr...udents.pdf

You could also try the ACT practice questions but they don't have them sorted to show which course they would get your out of:
Math Questions | Sample Mathematics Questions: Set 1 | ACT Student

If you do decide to spend a little money, ALEKS (aleks.com) would be great too. It would let you take a test and then go over the areas you missed. If your school takes ACE credit then that's even better, otherwise it is a nice tool to get guidance on what you are specifically missing.
My completed "non-traditional" credits include 27 credits from CLEP, 30 credits from DSST, 6 credits from ALEKS, 19 credits from FEMA courses including PDS, 3 credits from NFA courses, 10 credits from ACE Workplace Training, 3 credits from a TESC TECEP exam, and 3 credits from a TESC PLA course.
Thanks!

OE - Im sorry, I think I may have been unclear. I definitely do want to go through and relearnthe concepts, just looking for the tests to get a better idea of where to start. The goal for now is to get myself to where I can test into and succeed in a college algebra and stats classes. :-)
ALEKS will assess your math skills and tell you what you need to work on as Cooperalex2004 said. It's only $20 a month. Many colleges use the program in their remedial math courses. It's mainly a tutoring program, but the math and statistics courses are also ACE-approved for college credit. ALEKS can be very tedious, however, so I watched an Annenberg series on college algebra. I didn't know about the Khan Academy at the time. Like OE800_85, I recommend watching Khan Academy videos, which are free.

Khan Academy
Annenberg Learner
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 392 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Clackamas Courses - Online or Remote (set schedule) bjcheung77 8 1,772 09-07-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 32 8,868 08-29-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Self-paced online college without essay? Nickinspace 18 2,101 08-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wow
  I went crazy and bought 5 - Level 7 Diploma's... bjcheung77 9 2,314 08-25-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Affordable online community colleges for non-residents nomaduser 30 7,287 08-21-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  New online degrees from top Indian universities Robson 8 587 08-20-2024, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Robson
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 355 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  'Duped': Students of UA's new online college can't get jobs, say school misled them o smartdegree 12 1,374 07-31-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Affordable Math degree for non-US (international) citizen OtterDen 22 1,619 07-17-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: OtterDen