Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online grads sue USC
LOL Wasn't it obvious to students that they were getting ripped off with their 100K online masters degrees?

https://www.latimes.com/california/story...eport-data
[-] The following 1 user Likes smartdegree's post:
  • Harry101
(12-23-2022, 12:15 PM)smartdegree Wrote: LOL Wasn't it obvious to students that they were getting ripped off with their 100K online masters degrees?

https://www.latimes.com/california/story...eport-data

Maybe it's the next "Bubble".
$100k for an online degree? that's crazy lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes nomaduser's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
We have a decent set of family friends who are graduates from USC, and the network makes the 100k fee not as overpriced as one would infer. The alum tends to do more than an effective job at securing opportunities for talented graduates and hiding those not so talented in some solid 6-figure and multiple six-figure positions.

However, I am sure there are plenty of individuals (one in the lawsuit, for example) who graduate and have little to show for it outside of a painful student loan debt.
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL
(12-23-2022, 01:22 PM)KSoul Wrote: We have a decent set of family friends who are graduates from USC, and the network makes the 100k fee not as overpriced

Then why are they asking for money back?
I think they may have failed to get employment.
It's unfortunate...

Maybe they could have a better chance with Georgia Tech's $6k OMCS.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nomaduser's post:
  • KSoul
(12-23-2022, 01:22 PM)KSoul Wrote: We have a decent set of family friends who are graduates from USC, and the network makes the 100k fee not as overpriced as one would infer. The alum tends to do more than an effective job at securing opportunities for  talented graduates and hiding those not so talented in some solid 6-figure and multiple six-figure positions.

However, I am sure there are plenty of individuals (one in the lawsuit, for example) who graduate and have little to show for it outside of a painful student loan debt.

The average Elementary School teacher makes $76K in L.A...
[-] The following 1 user Likes FastTrackDegree's post:
  • nomaduser
Their first mistake was believing that online degree rankings matter. Their second mistake was not knowing that some career fields will never justify $100k in debt no matter how high the program is ranked.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 3 users Like sanantone's post:
  • KSoul, nomaduser, StoicJ
What was the degrees in? My degree at Duke is running me right around $70K and I feel it is worth every cent. But Business Analytics is in theory a better degree than Social Work when it comes to compensation.
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThatBankDude's post:
  • KSoul
(12-23-2022, 01:39 PM)nomaduser Wrote:
(12-23-2022, 01:22 PM)KSoul Wrote: We have a decent set of family friends who are graduates from USC, and the network makes the 100k fee not as overpriced

Then why are they asking for money back?
I think they may have failed to get employment.
It's unfortunate...

Maybe they could have a better chance with Georgia Tech's $6k OMCS.

This is a loaded question. Perhaps 'They' could be an average talent or someone that does not shine during the interview stage of employment, and a true-to-life response is to blame someone else or attack the 100k student loan a University hit them with.

Mind you, I personally feel 100k is crazy, and it should be noted that 10k seems high at the end of the day IMO. However, it should be also be noted that even though top-tier universities carry high tuition; there are many who have leveraged their alumni to make the investment worthwhile.

(12-23-2022, 01:50 PM)FastTrackDegree Wrote:
(12-23-2022, 01:22 PM)KSoul Wrote: We have a decent set of family friends who are graduates from USC, and the network makes the 100k fee not as overpriced as one would infer. The alum tends to do more than an effective job at securing opportunities for  talented graduates and hiding those not so talented in some solid 6-figure and multiple six-figure positions.

The average Elementary School teacher makes $76K in L.A...

Not sure of the point here? Are we connecting my mention of a 6-figure salary and this teacher reference? 100k/150k - 200k+ vs. the grind of a teacher at 76k (+ in LA) is about as far as Cali is to China for a connection point.
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL
Quote:Not sure of the point here? Are we connecting my mention of a 6-figure salary and this teacher reference? 100k/150k - 200k+ vs. the grind of a teacher at 76k (+ in LA) is about as far as Cali is to China for a connection point.

The articles is about teachers and school councelors suing USC. No chance they will hit those kind of salaries. What are you even talking about?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Italian Online Master in Economics & Finance for 4.5k from a Top-School David1477 18 633 05-23-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: Stoic
  Master's in Online or Digital Marketing resistk 3 582 05-21-2024, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Shari234
  Online Graduate Statistics course Stonybeach 16 864 05-05-2024, 12:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online Masters in Computer Science + thesis? swellguy 1 374 05-04-2024, 06:25 PM
  Online Psych Masters from VIU, WES Canada eligible? Earind_00 8 1,566 05-01-2024, 08:48 PM
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 32 22,606 04-25-2024, 10:14 AM
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 7 497 04-18-2024, 10:33 PM
  New Zealand Online Degrees doyouhowdo1 1 480 03-31-2024, 10:46 AM
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 786 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Czech 100% online MBA and DBA for 3k/5k David1477 7 659 03-25-2024, 08:34 PM