Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non-Profit educational website -- teaching others what we do
Daithi Wrote:I am starting a non-profit company and website (AlmostFreeCollege.com)

Well, that's it. The site is AlmostFreeCollege.com.

Love your site, I'll definitely be directing people towards it!
Goal: BA in American Studies - COSC (103/120)
In Progress: -
Completed - Straighterline: US History 2
CLEP - American Literature

Associate of Arts - COSC (August 31st, 2014)
Classes used to complete it:
Liberty University Classes: English 101, English 102, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Introduction to Probability & Statistics
Advanced Placement: Art History
Straighterline Classes: Introduction to Sociology, Introduction to Biology (w/ Lab), Personal Finance, Business Ethics, Introduction to Religion, American Government, Cultural Anthropology, Introduction to Nutrition, Introduction to Communications, U.S. History 1
CLEP: Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
COSC: Cornerstone
EI2HCB & Sanatone,

I think it is great the two of you have started or are thinking of starting your own blogs as well. The more of us letting people know about this option for getting a degree the better. EI2HCB, what's you blog's address? I'd love to see it, and I'm sure others would too.

Publius2k4 and Saharapost,
I'd like to add COSC and Excelsior in the future. I didn't do so initially for three reasons. 1) Time constraints -- it took forever to do all those TESC degree plans. Adding COSC and EC would have really slowed down my release date. 2) The thought of overloading new visitors with too much information was a concern, so I focused on TESC. 3) I also wanted highlight degrees with the lowest cost, and TESC's new enrollment fee of $0 as long as you take 8 TECEPS really reduces the cost of TESC degrees. However, with all of that said, I still think that at some point I should include COSC and EC.

I also plan on creating some software that will allow people to design their own degrees by simply choosing courses from a dropdown list. Once again, I'll probably focus on TESC first with plans to add COSC and EC later. However, that project will probably take a while.

Sanantone and rebel100,
Anything that either of you would like to write up would be greatly appreciated. The two of you are absolute wealths of knowledge. I find Sanantone's journey towards a PhD to be absolutely inspiring. I also find rebel100's daughters pursuit of Harvard degrees an inspiration as well. I would love to hear the details behind both of those particular journeys, and I'm sure those stories would be inspirations to others as well.
BA Liberal Studies from Thomas Edison State University
Cool site! Great job! (I'm glad you will be sharing more information about all of the options at the Big 3.)

Personally, I like knowing about the other business models. It is a good reminder about how valuable the information we have really is to other people's lives. I think it is great to see all of the forum members' websites, since spreading the word about this opportunity is so important!

In that light, I recently added a webpage about credit-by-exam to my website:
OI Resource - Use Credit-by-Exam to Earn College Degree

I highly recommend this forum and hope that the members will continue to take just as good of care of my website visitors as you have of me in this process.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
And, I too, will be more than glad to write about earning a degree as an international student. Just let me know what you want
- Akintayo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AA General Studies, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

BSBA General Management, 2014 - Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Bachelor of Religious Studies, 2015 - NationsUniversity
Bachelor of Arts in Management - Leadership, 2016 - Patten University

Award:
Arnold Fletcher Award, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Graduate School
Master of Science in Management, MSc - The University of Economics in Bratislava - full time studies

ENMU MBA: 2 classes completed - discontinued as am now to attend a local university in Slovakia

65 Semester Hours from Obafemi Awolowo University
45 Credits from Straighterline
24 Credits from TECEP
13 Credits from Penn Foster College
12 Credits fro ALEKS
4 Credits from TEEX
Great job and I think it is awesome that you are doing this. Good luck with it!!
What an amazing resource! I'll start pointing people that direction right now!
BSBA, HR / Organizational Mgmt - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
- TESC Chapter of Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
- Arnold Fletcher Award

AAS, Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
AS, Business Administration - Thomas Edison State College, March 2012
Great looking site, well done.

There is a problem here for me though, the site works in Firefox but when I use Chrome it returns a server error.
Aleks: Beginning, Intermediate, College Algebra, Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics
Straighterline: Cultural Anthropology, Religion, Biology, Environmental Science, Philosophy, Eng Comp I, C++.
Working on - Eng Comp II, Intro Comm
Sophia Intro to Psych
TEEX: CYB101, CYB201, CYB301
NFA: Q318, Q118, Q137
Kaplan: Documenting Experiences

Goal: Complete Gen Ed. requirements.
Photog Wrote:Great looking site, well done.

There is a problem here for me though, the site works in Firefox but when I use Chrome it returns a server error.

It did the same for me when clicking on the link, but if I typed the address in manually it worked.
I figured out the problem when clicking on the link. It is now fixed. Thanks to Photog and AngelaP for letting me know about it. It was a dumb programmer error.
BA Liberal Studies from Thomas Edison State University
Great site Daithi. I have already shared it with two coworkers that I have been badgering about going back to school.
BA in Natural Sciences/Mathematics, 2013 - TESC - Arnold Fletcher Award
AAS in Applied Computer Studies, 2013 - TESC
116 B&M Credits
32 FEMA Credits
9 ALEKS Credits - Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Trigonometry
9 Straighterline Credits - Business Communication, Microeconomics, English Composition II
6 TESC Credits - Global Environmental Change
3 DSST Credits - Environment and Humanity

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Could AI be the next college teaching assistant? Some Colorado professors believe so LevelUP 0 239 05-16-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  What’s Behind the ACT’s For-Profit Pivot? LevelUP 4 436 05-03-2024, 09:06 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Educational Goals bjcheung77 6 597 03-10-2024, 09:30 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Affordable Educational Institution Consultant 16 2,113 01-29-2024, 11:50 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Woolf University - Educational Partnership & Institutions bjcheung77 23 3,802 01-21-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: Erasec63
  Spanish - Learning website security breach bjcheung77 1 1,321 12-24-2023, 01:15 AM
Last Post: Johann
  Master Propio in Spanish Teaching 19 Euro elcastor21 11 1,342 09-27-2023, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Kab
  ASU partners with for-profit in El Salvador elcastor21 1 434 08-26-2023, 02:55 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Amberton website (major) redesign allvia 8 923 08-02-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Maniac Craniac
  When Universities slap their names on for profit coding bootcamps davewill 0 557 03-20-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: davewill