Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Educational Goals
It's already March! Wow, time flies by so quickly when you're busy...

What educational goals do you have for this year, are you planning anything?

There are still a few cheapies or freebies I want to finish for Coursera/EdX.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • Charles Fout, NotJoeBiden
Just wrapped Sophia and SDC and starting BABA Project Management at UMPI in May. If I get done with my BA, I'll probably rest on my laurels and maybe accumulate some specific science courses through the fall.  Currently taking Biology II at NMJC, which is an absolute joy and really only requires about an hour or two a week. Come winter, various potential graduate certificates are calling my name.  I've been turning over a lot of rocks looking for online programs.  There sure are a lot (and especially if you look at hybrid formats).
[-] The following 3 users Like Westslope Cutthroat's post:
  • Charles Fout, Jonathan Whatley, NotJoeBiden
Finished the Google Project Management Certificate and got my Lean Six Sigma Black Belt.

I want to finish the Thunderbird/ASU 100 Million Learners grad certificate, get my PMP, and look into applying to grad programs.
-
Joe
[-] The following 2 users Like NotJoeBiden's post:
  • Charles Fout, Jonathan Whatley
I'm looking forward to beginning the University of Chicago Graham School - Basic Program on March 21. I hope to complete the program in four years.
Chief Petty Officer
United States Navy (Retired)
[-] The following 2 users Like Charles Fout's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley, NotJoeBiden
Continue progress on the HAU MBA, hoping to finish up in the fall.
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
[-] The following 2 users Like jg_nuy's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley, NotJoeBiden
Another thing or two I want to learn is to "learn the ropes of getting and keeping fit", similar to what a personal trainer does, train someone to keep fit with diet and exercise. I really need and want to go through something like that, and there was a course that had ACE credit, I might just go for it! Link: Online Self-Paced Certified Personal Trainer course ($19.99/month) worth 3 ACE credit (degreeforum.net)
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-09-2024, 02:30 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Another thing or two I want to learn is to "learn the ropes of getting and keeping fit", similar to what a personal trainer does, train someone to keep fit with diet and exercise. I really need and want to go through something like that, and there was a course that had ACE credit, I might just go for it! Link: Online Self-Paced Certified Personal Trainer course ($19.99/month) worth 3 ACE credit (degreeforum.net)

Good luck with that!  I had a health scare in March that made me determined to eat a more healthy diet.  I have been working with a nutritionist and managed to lose about 30 lbs since then. I used to feel like it would be hard to lose the extra weight but it was really very easy.  It seems I just needed the right motivation - avoid surgery!  The bulk of my weight loss had been dietary changes.  I am still working on making exercise a habit.  That one is harder.  I have about 10 lbs to go to reach the weight my doctor recommends.

My educational goals remain the same.

1. Keep plugging away at the MBA. I am halfway through. I want to see if I can graduate with a 4.0, so I am only taking one course at a time so that lack of time won’t impact my grades.

2. In between MBA courses, I might do Sophia business courses. Even though they don’t count toward my degree, it could be helpful to fill gaps since I wasn’t a business major in undergrad. For instance, it seems that my next Finance class assumes knowledge in economics already. Since I didn’t have those courses, I have been working through them. I have one done and 2/3 through the other. But, I have time because the next finance course isn’t until after a couple of other courses.

3. I might re-visit the ENEB courses. Every time I looked at the ENEB courses, I would look at the finance sections and just completely lose interest. I don’t want to learn anything about Spanish/Global Finance. It’s just not relevant or intersting to me. So I saw that other programs don’t include any of those sections. I asked if I can change my programs and they did! These are lower priority because I don’t plan to list them for professional or academic reasons. This would just be personal.

4. The other thing I hope to revisit in between MBA courses are the freebies. The Thunderbird courses and the Coursera certs that I started. Like ENEB, these are lower priority because I they don’t apply to my degree and are more for personal knowledge.

I have a lot of “wishes” for the year. I better get cracking!
MBA - JWMI (in progress)
BA - Edinboro University
Certificate, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation

LawShelf Affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Additional course free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

ENEB Affiliate
MBA + Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/N92904319K?ap=12c8
MBA *or* Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/S92904390Y?ap=44dc
[-] The following 2 users Like Vle045's post:
  • NotJoeBiden, ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Affordable Educational Institution Consultant 16 2,116 01-29-2024, 11:50 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Woolf University - Educational Partnership & Institutions bjcheung77 23 3,809 01-21-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: Erasec63
  Top 5 Thinking Goals of College LevelUP 1 553 04-10-2023, 09:30 AM
Last Post: cokididwa
  Magical, Mystical, Money Machine - Educational Technology bjcheung77 1 586 11-16-2021, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Is there a current REA study guide for CLEP Educational Psych? S.Tesla 4 1,379 06-06-2019, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Murdockb
  Educational attainment is associated with the highest level of social mobility Life Long Learning 3 1,180 12-18-2018, 01:10 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Passed Educational Psychology with a 74! zapproximator 2 1,326 09-28-2018, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Supermind
  Education Goals for 2018 Life Long Learning 8 2,331 01-17-2018, 05:26 PM
Last Post: ajs1976a
  Educational Benefits for Military Auxiliaries sanantone 9 3,913 08-18-2017, 11:05 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Korean Language course? And would it fit into my goals humbleAMG 2 991 12-06-2016, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Iamtehking