Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New here seeking help
I am 35 years old and need a bachelors. At this point it can literally be in anything as long as it's regionally accredited. My job just needs the piece of paper. I am reading threads here and there are so many abbreviations I have gotten very overwhelmed and confused.

I am hoping to find an online "how to" with specific instructions. (I would happily pay someone for their time to walk me though this). I started taking Sophia classes this week and finished Accounting 1 and am half way through Public Speaking. I was planing on doing Algebra and English comp next.

Are there any resources that anyone can point me to with step by step how to get the fastest, cheapest degree possible? Like 'take these classes at this place, then take these classes here, then apply to this program (I was looking into Excelsior?) I tried calling them today and they really confused me saying i can't speak to an advisor unless I am an enrolled student and If I am a student I need to take the cornerstone before i take mt 13th Sophia credit and that the credits need to be approved before i take them etc?

Thanks so much in advanced
If it can be in literally anything then a UMPI BLS (Liberal Studies) degree might work for you: https://online.umpi.edu/programs/ It'd be pretty fast and easy. Just take (almost) everything Sophia offers + science at Study.com.

But if you want something 100% planned out for you, check out this post by ashkir: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-for-3-222 Just follow everything the spreadsheet says and you'll have a degree for super cheap.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Do you have any credits yet? If not, do as rachel83az said - Sophia for as much as possible, then Study.com for Biology w/Lab plus an additional course, and then enroll at UMPI for the final 30cr.

And the BLS will be THE fastest cheapest option - with the bad news that it's entirely dependent upon you to go through it quickly - and the good news that it's entirely dependent upon you to go through it quickly.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-10-2021, 04:52 PM)rachel83az Wrote: If it can be in literally anything then a UMPI BLS (Liberal Studies) degree might work for you: https://online.umpi.edu/programs/ It'd be pretty fast and easy.  Just take (almost) everything Sophia offers + science at Study.com.

But if you want something 100% planned out for you, check out this post by ashkir: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-for-3-222 Just follow everything the spreadsheet says and you'll have a degree for super cheap.

That link was ABSOLUTELY what I was looking for. I am scared the business classes at UMPI might be a bit hard for me (as I am more a Teaching, early childhood, communication person but honestly this is exactly what I was looking for. If you know of any other degrees mapped out like this please please let me know.
(05-10-2021, 05:37 PM)channaleah Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 04:52 PM)rachel83az Wrote: If it can be in literally anything then a UMPI BLS (Liberal Studies) degree might work for you: https://online.umpi.edu/programs/ It'd be pretty fast and easy.  Just take (almost) everything Sophia offers + science at Study.com.

That link was ABSOLUTELY what I was looking for. I am scared the business classes at UMPI might be a bit hard for me (as I am more a Teaching, early childhood, communication person but honestly this is exactly what I was looking for. If you know of any other degrees mapped out like this please please let me know.

UMPI's BLS degree has several different minors available, and Educational Studies is one.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Honestly, the BLS degrees should be pretty close to the BABA degrees as far as what's required at Sophia. Not identical, but you should be pretty close if you follow that spreadsheet but enroll in BLS - Educational Studies instead of a Business one.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • channaleah
You should do the Sophia.org and Study.com combo to finish the bulk of your credits, only take the required minimum and the minor at UMPI. I would highly also recommend investing in a second monitor for multi-tasking, remember to take the easy/fast courses at UMPI and/or courses that can't be transferred in, apply to UMPI and get an evaluation if you have any credits - if not, focus on Sophia.org first and then Study.com afterwards, finish with UMPI.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-10-2021, 05:51 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Honestly, the BLS degrees should be pretty close to the BABA degrees as far as what's required at Sophia. Not identical, but you should be pretty close if you follow that spreadsheet but enroll in BLS - Educational Studies instead of a Business one.

The main difference is that the BABA has 20 courses that you need to take in the major & concentration, and only allows 6-7 courses as Free Electives, while the BLS only requires 6-7 courses in the minor, and allows 20 courses as Free Electives.  It's much closer to a Bachelor's of Liberal Arts/Liberal Studies/General Studies degree, and allows much more freedom.
I believe you need a foreign language class for any degree at UMPI. Most people suggest InstantCert's Spanish 1 to meet that requirement. I think it's $20 or $35. Most people suggest taking Biology 101L: Intro to Biology with Lab at Study.com for their science with lab requirement. With that course you don't have to buy a physical lab kit but a virtual one instead. You have to pay $200 for one month at Study.com and you get 2 exams included with that subscription. Be sure to use both exams included in one month subscription by completing one more course in parallel with Biology 101L: Intro to Biology with Lab at Study.com.
I jumped into Sophia classes head on.

I am looking for just about any Bachelors degree Currently I have the following classes form Sophia (all with an 80 or higher most with 90's)

Accounting
Public Speaking 
Ancient Greek philosophers 
Algebra
Environmental  Science 
Human Biology
US History
Sociology
Information technology
Art history 1 
Macroeconomics 
Stats
Conflict resolution
English comp 1 
Visual communication 
Us History 2
Intro to business
Micro economics
Art history 2
Psychology 
Approaches to studying religion 
Ethics
Project management

I am taking  these two next week

English comp 2
Business law 

I feel like after this I have done all the classes possible with Sophia.
Where can I go from here? I am not picky on my degree I just want the fastest and easiest possible.

What classes do I take next? where do i apply to? What degrees will use as many sophia credits as possible?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking Advice on Pursuing an MBA for Career Advancement in the USA leop25 4 516 08-26-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Leojames26
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 33 2,759 07-26-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  Seeking Advice on Fast-Tracking a Bachelor's Degree in PM+IS from UMPI Fiona 4 453 07-23-2024, 07:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  New member seeking route to CS BS Rjones314314 8 768 07-15-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Seeking the Quickest and Easiest School Program nilo.laden 9 835 07-08-2024, 07:06 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Seeking Advice on transferring to WGU out of SNHU dlachance1977 5 774 03-26-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Seeking Guidance on beginning degree BeginAgain_1980 9 509 03-20-2024, 04:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Seeking Degree Advice - CS or Cybersecurity? yak_jac 11 942 02-24-2024, 01:23 AM
Last Post: ItsNeverTheLionsYear
  Seeking Advice on Degree Plans: BS Computer Science, BS Cyber Security, and BA Human rutpun15 3 645 02-21-2024, 05:38 PM
  European seeking Computer Science or Math fcfcfc 11 1,082 01-20-2024, 04:52 PM