Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Here & Would Appreciate Advice In Degree Planning
Question 
Your Location: NE Ohio, United States
Your Age: mid-late thirties
What kind of degree do you want?: In theory, any, however I am open to suggestions. My long term and career goals entail pursuing either Masters in Public Health or BSN and specifically focus on Health & Human Services (which is such bummer both the certificate & minor at UMPI are in person only). Some of the Universities in my area will let you accelerate your BSN if you have a bachelors (any) from an accredited school. So that leaves me having conflicting thoughts on which degree path to pursue due to my love for history but common sense tells me it makes more sense to have a more versatile, business degree.
Current Regional Accredited Credits: 27
Current ACE, CLEP, or NCCRS Credits: 92
Any certifications or military experience?:
Military: None
Certifications: NPTI-CPT (probably not applicable in this setting)
Coursera Google Data Analytics Certificate
Coursera Salesforce Sales Operations (again, probably not applicable in this setting, and I couldn’t get it on my credly account anyways?)
Courses:
Community College:
COLLEGE MATHEMATICS
CRITICAL ANALYSIS
WRITTEN ENGLISH 1
MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY
INTRODUCTION TO PSYCHOLOGY
INTRODUCTION TO SOCIOLOGY
INTRO TO HUMAN COMMUNICATIONS
BUSN COMPUTER APPLICATIONS
Sophia:
COLLEGE ALGEBRA
Introduction to Statistics
Introduction to Business
Business Law
Principles of Finance
Environmental Science
Financial Accounting
Microeconomics
INTRODUCTION TO ETHICS
MACROECONOMICS
ART HISTORY I
HUMAN BIOLOGY
INTRODUCTION TO INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
HUMAN BIOLOGY LAB
U.S. HISTORY
INTRODUCTION TO WEB DEVELOPMENT
HEALTH, FITNESS, AND WELLNESS
IT CAREER EXPLORATION
PROJECT MANAGEMENT
MICROBIOLOGY
MICROBIOLOGY LAB
SPANISH I
VISUAL COMMUNICATIONS
BUSINSS ETHICS
U.S. GOVERNMENT
ANCIENT GREEK PHILOSPHERS
LIFESPAN DEVELOPMENT
BUSINESS COMMUNICATION
U.S. HISTORY II
WORKPLACE WRITING II
COLLEGE READINESS
TEEX:
Cyber Security for Everyone
DIGITAL FORENSICS BASICS

Budget: if it’s cheap, it’s for me.
Commitments: I had surgery this year, so it’s the perfect opportunity to complete my degree, finally.
Dedicated time to study: weekdays, as I am still home due to recovery.
Timeline: ASAP
Tuition assistance/reimbursement: none.

Budget: None, but again, I’d like to get this done as quickly as possible. After having brain surgery, it made me realize I have nothing substantial to put in my obituary so, I know vain, but still.
Commitments: Honestly, just recovering from my surgery (I still get migraines and sometimes I get overwhelmed with anxiety, another reason why UMPI was a selling feature because of my test anxiety and adhd), spouse and my pets. Weekdays like 8 am – 6 pm will be my primetime for studying, assignments, etc.
Dedicated time to study: definitely a minimum if I am juggling everything else, plus assignments, 20 hours, similar to that of a part time job.
Timeline: Finishing the courses required for the degree as fast as possible would be ideal.  I would love to be done in a one session, but realistically, less than twelve months would be fantastic.
Tuition assistance/reimbursement: none

Please provide any relevant details you may have that may help us determine a option or path for you to investigate, such as your preference towards either test-out (you're a great test taker) or competency based education (because you like assessments, assignments and have test anxiety).  What other details you provide us can help determine your course of action suited for your educational journey...
I definitely experience test anxiety, as I did in the past. This is why UMPI was so attractive to me.
In my spreadsheet, you will find multiple “degree” paths. I guess I was just trying to weigh the pros and cons of each path, which way was the best to go for myself and also offered varied content, with the least number of courses needed to complete the degree.
I hope I didn’t overshare, just trying to be concise and effectively describe my situation, as weird as it is.
Thanks everyone!

Also, my google sheet wasn't attaching, so here is the link directly: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

Messages In This Thread
New Here & Would Appreciate Advice In Degree Planning - by Aardvarks_n_scotties - 10-05-2024, 05:53 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BLS Degree Complete- Big Thank You!! dm.hans32 3 98 Yesterday, 07:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Majoring in hospitality, tourism, or event management—any advice? lumina 11 290 10-13-2024, 04:27 PM
Last Post: lumina
  UMPI Accounting Assistance - Degree Plan NewbieLearner 17 1,178 10-10-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: NewbieLearner
  Seeking Academic Writing Resources for UMPI BAS Degree garveymoshe 2 222 09-11-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Non-Degree Enrollment PreLawCoastie 4 791 08-26-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: Kjnova
  Does spain/EU accept UMPI degree? Solden81 16 1,805 08-01-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  how to know which transfer credits will apply to degree? skinmasksean 7 553 07-26-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: skinmasksean
  Help - UMPI Degree Plan Tequila 4 555 07-16-2024, 01:19 AM
Information UMPI BAS MIS Degree Program Jin Wang 10 932 07-05-2024, 09:41 AM
  UMPI Degree Completion Help SantaMaria 18 2,588 06-27-2024, 08:46 PM