Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social Sciences & History + Intro to Sociology
Well I have been testing for a little over 2 weeks and I am addicted. 2 weeks ago I passed my first CLEP Intro to Pysch with a 55, tried to study hard core but in reality I barely studied according to what I have seen mentioned here about study schedules.

Last week I took 2 tests, A/I Literature & DSST Intro to Computing, both passed with just a quick breeze thru a 1 peterson's on computing.

I've taken psych, will take Sociology this week.....no history background but I think I am gonna try SS&H cool, not cold. I plan to study for it tomorrow based on the specific feedback forum here. Its a 6 credit history/socio but if I fail it I can still take the two western civilization tests for history (with study of course).

I hope all goes well. I think Sociology is pretty easy based on the flashcards and peterson's. SS&H may be my first fail though.....or I will scrape by barely. Any recent tips about this monster?
[SIZE="1"]Online CC: A & P I (B)- A & P II (B)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]Straighterline: College Algebra - English Comp I & II - General Chem I + Lab - Macroeconomics -Business Communcations - Business Stats - Medical Terminology - Biology[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]CLEP: Intro Psych 55 - A/I Literature 57 - Intro to Sociology 51 - Human G & D 50 [/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]DSST: Intro to Computing 423 -- HTYH 443 [/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]ECE: Microbiology (3) B[/SIZE]

Penn Foster: Info Lit

Completed Excelsior Associate in Science-Nursing July 30, 2012.

Goal: BSN From Somewhere
Why try to grab 6 college level credits with a single day's preparation when you are not an expert in social science or history?

My opinion on this is that you should concentrate on learning the material first and passing the test second. If you read the REA book you can enjoy the learning experience knowing that you are not learning anything that is outside the test.

Its also a lot of pressure to put on yourself.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
ryoder Wrote:Why try to grab 6 college level credits with a single day's preparation when you are not an expert in social science or history?

My opinion on this is that you should concentrate on learning the material first and passing the test second. If you read the REA book you can enjoy the learning experience knowing that you are not learning anything that is outside the test.

Its also a lot of pressure to put on yourself.

I'm going to take the peterson's tests today and see how well I do. If I can get 50 or above on all 3 - I'm going for it. SS&H is not a mandatory test for me but it will satisfy a Sociology elective and a history requirement, maybe 2 history requirements. If I fail it, I still have the 2 western civilization tests to fall back on for credit, with study of course.

I'm in a tough spot, I just got accepted to a great school but I have until August 1 to meet a several pre-reqs. Most of these pre-reqs are going to have to be met in the summer session of actual classes unless I can convince them to take some ECE exams, which I am working on.

I'm desperate right now to cut down on some of the stress. SS&H is not a needed exam considering there are others that satisfy my requirements, I just want to try it and see if I can squeeze by and maybe reduce my workload a little. Since I've had psych, soc, macro - I was hoping I could sqeak by. But I realize I may be setting myself up for failure, if I do fail, I will learn my lesson and be out a 100 bucks in the process.

[SIZE="1"]Straighterline: College Algebra - English Comp I & II - General Chem I + Lab - Macroeconomics -Business Communcations - Business Stats - Medical Terminology - Biology[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]CLEP: Intro Psych 55 - A/I Literature 57 - Intro to Sociology 51 - Human G & D 50 [/SIZE]

Good luck. A well calculated risk is much better than flying blind.
If you do get over 50% on petersons then yes I think you should be good to go in most cases.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
ryoder Wrote:Good luck. A well calculated risk is much better than flying blind.
If you do get over 50% on petersons then yes I think you should be good to go in most cases.

Well someone thought it was not a good idea for me to take it, I just logged into the my testing center website and there are no more testing times tomorrow. I had already scheduled my Sociology test at 1pm but there are no more testing times available. I may have saved myself a lot of heartache. I'll have to wait until the end of the week to take another one because its a 1.5 hr drive just to get to the testing center.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Master of Letters in History dewisant 4 509 06-28-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  International GCSE Sciences (EU/UK) Info bjcheung77 6 495 05-07-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Help with Coopersmith's (PSY-304) History and Systems of Psychology Ben2020 14 3,169 04-11-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Msecool123
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 633 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,278 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  History of Degree Awarding Tomes MichaelGates 2 620 07-06-2023, 06:15 PM
  Legacy Admissions with Anti-Semitic History Challenged sanantone 2 645 07-04-2023, 12:53 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  International University of Applied Sciences (IU) acquires University of Fredericton. bjcheung77 0 693 07-01-2023, 01:39 AM
  JD & Masters History - 22 year old bjcheung77 0 570 04-24-2023, 12:13 PM
  Intro to Criminal Justice & Speech Communication midnite123 11 1,237 01-04-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: karenkresgs