Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help!
Are you still deciding between TESU and UMPI then? If you want to change your program you can email the advisor and indicate the change/reason to do so. Do you have a lot of courses in the 'other' field of your academic advising sheet? Meaning, those courses can be used for the BLS more effectively, thus probably dropping your requirements to just 10 classes...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • HOSSNPEPPER
(10-22-2023, 02:57 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I'm not sure that the BLS would require less work. You still need the GEC requirements to be filled - no matter what degree you do. And you still need to complete at least 10 classes at UMPI. By my count, you only need about 10 classes as it is to finish the History class. The only time savings would be not having to do Sophia's Spanish II. That's not much of a savings, IMO.

Spanish is one of my least favorite subjects, but one I will have to do between sessions at UMPI on Sophia.

(10-22-2023, 04:12 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Are you still deciding between TESU and UMPI then? If you want to change your program you can email the advisor and indicate the change/reason to do so.  Do you have a lot of courses in the 'other' field of your academic advising sheet?  Meaning, those courses can be used for the BLS more effectively, thus probably dropping your requirements to just 10 classes...

I've decided on UMPI, I was the "other" field and thought they may apply better to the BLS. The BLS program doesn't look to offer Political Science as an individual minor without having an additional minor.
You're roughly the same distance from a BA History & Political Science and the BLS with a minor in either of those, you need to select a minor from the 5 options in Your Pace, and then add the History, Political Science, or both, even though these are not part of Your Pace, you can use the Your Pace courses to fulfill the minors. I wrote about that here, the list may have expanded a couple or more minors since when I created the thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...or-Inquiry

I thought I had decided on UMPI, but now I am undecided. TESU only requires me to do the LIB-4950 Liberal Arts Capstone and SOS-1100-OL011 Information Literacy Today, as well as paying the residency waiver fee. UMPI will be atleast 12 courses there plus more on sophia.com. 

This going back to college endevor is starting to become more stressful and time consuming than I thought and I haven't even started an actual class yet.
Haha! I thought you would, as the TESU should have taken all your classes for a max of 114 credits into a degree (BALS in this case), you're left with the Cornerstone/Capstone which you can finish in just one term. You can decide to pay the residency waiver fee and finish at that... For UMPI, you'll do two sessions, it'll be cheaper, easier, faster, as you start this week.

Here's a read, decide quickly, you can finish TESU or UMPI by March, very similar to this person: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid406411

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • HOSSNPEPPER
(10-22-2023, 06:44 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Haha! I thought you would, as the TESU should have taken all your classes for a max of 114 credits into a degree (BALS in this case), you're left with the Cornerstone/Capstone which you can finish in just one term.  You can decide to pay the residency waiver fee and finish at that... For UMPI, you'll do two sessions, it'll be cheaper, easier, faster, as you start this week.

Here's a read, decide quickly, you can finish TESU or UMPI by March, very similar to this person: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid406411

Just completed the UMPI orientation, starting first classes in a few minutes! Well looking it over quickly, so I know what to do tomorrow evening. 
Thanks for all your help, I will keep everyone updated.  
[-] The following 1 user Likes HOSSNPEPPER's post:
  • ltw900rr
Update,

UMPI did not go as plan, earned no credits and ended up with two F's in the classes at UMPI. I was looking forward to the school, but the professor I had for both classes was not agreeable in anyway, which is contrary to what others have said. I would not recommend the Bachelor of Arts in History & Political Science at UMPI, there were several other complaints from others at the same time.  

After my horrible experience with UMPI,  I went with TESU and will have my BA in Liberal Studies on October 5th. TESU was supportive and attentive to the needs of a self-employed individual and I would recommend them to anyone over going to UMPI and dealing with there current system due to the influx of new students. TESU was the easiest to communicate with and even with the residency waiver fee, it was a great deal, mainly only taking the capstone and cornerstone vs having to take a multitude of classes at UMPI.

Thanks everyone for the help and now it is time to look into Masters programs.