Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CLEP Marketing Exam
Hello All,

Don't have actual exam specific questions, just looking to see if a week of light studying will get me that 50 on the CLEP. I'm not trying to score anything over a 52. I'll take a 52. The reason I am asking is I am in school full time and working full time AND also still taking CLEP exams. I will be able to give this CLEP exam some light studying probably about an hour a day for 5 or so days. I might be able to squeeze in a couple hour day somewhere but not likely. My question is should I worry about that little of studying and delay my exam or should that be fine. I have heard there is a lot of common sense on this test.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
I know this isn't really helpful to the specifics of your question, but I think the amount of studying a CLEP, or any CBE, will require depends on prior knowledge and ease of learning. For instance if you've worked in business, and/or taken multiple business courses, and/or have a photographic memory, you will probably require less studying to get a passing grade.

Have you looked at the Free Clep Prep site and the Instantcert flashcards to see if you think a little light review will be good enough for your needs?
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
the flashcards here at IC or the $15 exam guide at freeclepprep.com are the bomb for this exam...
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
To give you an idea, I studied for the Psychology CLEP exam for about 1-2 hours per day and then put in a really good study day the day before the exam and came out with a 61. I will be studying with the REA Guide and taking the "3" practices exams in order to prepare for the test. My plan is to Read the whole thing this Sunday. Then do the assessment test. Then give an hour to the worst topic on Monday and Tuesday and then take practice test 1. Then repeat that on Wednesday and Thursday and take the final practice test on Thursday. Then whatever time I have on Friday will be used to review everything. Main reason I asked on here is because I feel like this should be plenty to pass it but I also don't want to make the mistake I have heard so many people make with this one and not take it serious enough and then tank the actual exam. Thanks.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
There is just no way for someone to be able to tell you how much studying is enough. Without knowing your background in the subject, there's no way someone else can know. I studied for an hour and got a 67 - but then, I've taken multiple management courses, and most of them at a really great school. I retained a lot of information due to the format of the classes I took. So for me, an hour looking at a SparkNotes chart was enough. For other people without my background, that would probably not be enough studying.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 1,804 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  Futurelearn has BA degrees in Marketing & Design for 13k USD. Masters for 7k USD. nyvrem 1 487 02-16-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,808 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 673 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BIO-208 TECEP exam yellowshehulk 2 1,113 04-30-2023, 05:46 PM
Last Post: WHOASIS1
  SPECIFIC EXAM FEEDBACK SECTION….. ShotoJuku 1 822 04-01-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: katsoulis
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 2,189 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 1,049 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Intel’s 12th Gen CPU can’t handle the Bar exam bluebooger 3 1,069 07-16-2022, 12:19 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  CBE Marketing Names sanantone 4 724 07-04-2022, 06:54 AM
Last Post: dbinghamjr