Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Advise Thomas Edison vs. Excelsior
Melissa Jane Rosenblum RN
I am currently RN with an Associaties degree. I am trying to get my BSN as quickly as possible as I am extremely unhappy in hospital nursing and would like to pursue a career in case management with requires a Bachelors in Nursing.
I am starting to talk Clep to fufill lower level course work atJacksonville University the problem is they will allow for me to take 4 courses through exams.
I would like to switch to Excelsior or Thomas Edison as they allow more credit through exam. I am desperate to get out of floor nursing. Does anyone have any opinions on which school is better.
As a NJ Resident Thomas Edison will be cheaper for me and the campus is a 30 min drive from my house so if i have problem i have the option to go there in person and complain, but that i will have to take actual courses for all of the upper level nursing courses. Where as Excelsior will let you do the whole program by examination.

While money is something I need to consider but a couple thousand is worth it if it means i can get my degree faster.

Thank you taking the time to read my long post I apreaciate your input.

70-Human Growth and Development Clep
~Humanities Clep Next on the Horizon
If you want to graduate mainly through exams, then I would go with Excelsior. Thomas Edison is more flexible with the credits they allow you for the different exams, but you will definitely pay alot more in the long run if you go with Thomas Edison because their exams are $450 a pop. It wouldn't hurt to get an evaluation from each school to help you make your decision. Good Luck!!
TESC BA Social Sciences (Completed Feb 09)
Up next: Masters In Education/Adult Education and Training
25 Fema Credits -done Big Grin
Cleps taken:
Human Growth & Dev - passed
Intro to Ed Psych - passed
Sociology - passed
Analyz & Int Lit-passed
English w/essay-passed
Princ of Acct-passed Smile
Organizational Behavior-passed
Intro to Computing-passed
Ethics in America DSST-passed
Intro to World Religions-passed
Technical Writing-passed
Anthropology-passed
Social Science & History-passed
Humanities-passed:eek:
Substance Abuse-passed
Civil War and Reconstruction-passed :eek:
Psychology of Women TECEP- passed
[SIZE="4"]EC[/SIZE] [SIZE="2"]- Cheaper - Faster - Better!![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Agreed....Excelsior.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking general thoughts and advise starsfan33 4 252 09-12-2024, 08:43 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Excelsior---Liberal Arts Degree midnite123 5 718 10-17-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  Excelsior University & StraighterLine success story! bjcheung77 0 903 03-07-2023, 07:24 PM
  Calling all Excelsior business students! shoron 1 612 01-23-2023, 07:39 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Terminated by Excelsior Due to Lack of Activity pilot 1 539 01-09-2023, 12:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior vs locally named University? EDUxplorer 21 3,060 10-31-2022, 09:47 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Excelsior Professional Development Courses (Non-Credit) BBryant165 5 1,734 08-29-2022, 11:05 PM
  DEAC acquires Excelsior & UMPI accepts NA credits! bjcheung77 10 2,585 05-03-2022, 12:25 PM
  Missed NJDOE GPA for CE by .15! NEED ADVISE ASAP! PLEASE HELP! mel_y_mel 35 4,037 10-06-2021, 10:48 PM
Last Post: NoStudentNoCry
  Pearson OnVUE - Online Excelsior Exams bjcheung77 5 1,507 09-23-2020, 11:33 AM
Last Post: nomaduser