Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My ENMU MBA Experience
I am starting my Eastern New Mexico University MBA on January 19, 2015, and I intend to document my journey on this thread. My aim is to provide information to others who would want to know how the program runs, its test/exam formats, and other pertinent information that can help others make decision about attending ENMU or not...

I earned a BSBA degree from Thomas Edison State College (TESC) last year and applied to ENMU even before my final TESC transcript (indicating a degree has been awarded) was conferred. ENMU requested for and evaluated all my individual transcripts (ACE, Straighterline, Penn Foster, foreign credits evaluated by ECE, Saylor, and TESC). I was offered provisional admission pending receipt of a final transcript from TESC that indicates that I was indeed awarded the BSBA degree I claimed in my application. Though I was offered full admission upon receipt of my final transcript, I had to wait for the next session (Spring 2015) before I start.

TEST/EXAM FORMAT

At a point (during the waiting process) I wrote to an ENMU MBA advisor, requesting to know how students are assessed as there seems to be no information regarding how online students are assessed. According to a response I got:

Quote:We don’t follow a standard format for all the classes. The format, requirements, and components of each course will differ and depend on the professor teaching the class as they each bring in their own perspective and teaching style. You should expect a combination of assignments, discussions, papers, and exams in the classes. Some instructors do require proctors for exams. Classes that are offered on campus are recorded and these recordings are made available to online students. Some faculty members may require videoconferencing, and these are scheduled in the evenings. The classes are administered through a learning management system (BlackBoard currently) which is used as a repository for the class, for submitting assignments, as well as a communication medium.

TUITION

When it comes to tuition, I find ENMU very affordable as I am paying in-state tuition rate of $221.26 per credit hour for graduates. "More than six hours per semester requires out-of-state tuition for nonresidents." Below is a breakdown of what I am paying for this term.

Spring Student Fees Mandatory ----- $448.20
Resident Tuition - Spg (PT) ------- $879.36 (Am paying $221.26 -maybe less- per credit if I take not more than 6 credits)
Online Course Fee ------------- $60.00 (This covers the additional charge of $10.00 per credit hour for on-line classes.)
Total Charges for 6 credits including Spring Student fees: ---------------------$1,387.56

I have enrolled in BUS 518 P 1WW Managerial Research Analysis and MGT 513 P 1WW Organization Behavior/MGT Thry and can't wait to start. For an Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) accredited program which costs less than $6,000, I think ENMU MBA will meet my educational needs without necessarily breaking the bank.
- Akintayo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AA General Studies, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

BSBA General Management, 2014 - Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Bachelor of Religious Studies, 2015 - NationsUniversity
Bachelor of Arts in Management - Leadership, 2016 - Patten University

Award:
Arnold Fletcher Award, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Graduate School
Master of Science in Management, MSc - The University of Economics in Bratislava - full time studies

ENMU MBA: 2 classes completed - discontinued as am now to attend a local university in Slovakia

65 Semester Hours from Obafemi Awolowo University
45 Credits from Straighterline
24 Credits from TECEP
13 Credits from Penn Foster College
12 Credits fro ALEKS
4 Credits from TEEX
Excited to hear your experience. They are on my list of possible options for MBA. My only concern is the 6 credit limit for instate tution. My primary reason for looking at them is tution cost, but I'm probably too impatient to only do 6 credits.
Currently studying for: Still deciding.

Done!
2020 - Harvard Extension School - ALM IT Management 
2019 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Data Science
2018 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Cyber Security
2016 - WGU - MBA Mgmt & Strategy
2015 - Thomas Edison State College - BSBA Marketing & CIS
mednat Wrote:Excited to hear your experience. They are on my list of possible options for MBA. My only concern is the 6 credit limit for instate tution. My primary reason for looking at them is tution cost, but I'm probably too impatient to only do 6 credi

I understand your concerns about being "limited" to 6 credits for instate tuition and I agree that it may not be ideal for someone who wants to finish under 1 year... It should me take me about 2 years to complete the program at this rate. Since I am working and do not necessarily need the MBA for a pay increase or job change at the moment, I don't mind doing the program at this rate and pace. I'd say 6 credits per term is no small task especially when one has got a job and family...
- Akintayo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AA General Studies, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

BSBA General Management, 2014 - Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Bachelor of Religious Studies, 2015 - NationsUniversity
Bachelor of Arts in Management - Leadership, 2016 - Patten University

Award:
Arnold Fletcher Award, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Graduate School
Master of Science in Management, MSc - The University of Economics in Bratislava - full time studies

ENMU MBA: 2 classes completed - discontinued as am now to attend a local university in Slovakia

65 Semester Hours from Obafemi Awolowo University
45 Credits from Straighterline
24 Credits from TECEP
13 Credits from Penn Foster College
12 Credits fro ALEKS
4 Credits from TEEX
mednat Wrote:Excited to hear your experience. They are on my list of possible options for MBA. My only concern is the 6 credit limit for instate tution. My primary reason for looking at them is tution cost, but I'm probably too impatient to only do 6 credits.
There's at least a few AACSB programs that cost well under $15k and can be completed within a year, so this isn't really a big deal. (Not that I consider AACSB accreditation to be particularly important for non-accountants, but still)
CPA (WA), CFA Level III Candidate

Currently pursuing: ALM, Data Science - Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (12/48, on hold for CFA/life commitments)
MBA, Finance/Accounting - Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 2015
BSBA, General Management - Thomas Edison State College, Trenton, NJ, 2012

Yanji Wrote:There's at least a few AACSB programs that cost well under $15k and can be completed within a year, so this isn't really a big deal. (Not that I consider AACSB accreditation to be particularly important for non-accountants, but still)

Yanji, where can I find this information? I was building my own list, but if one already exists -- that would be much easier!
Currently studying for: Still deciding.

Done!
2020 - Harvard Extension School - ALM IT Management 
2019 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Data Science
2018 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Cyber Security
2016 - WGU - MBA Mgmt & Strategy
2015 - Thomas Edison State College - BSBA Marketing & CIS
mednat Wrote:Yanji, where can I find this information? I was building my own list, but if one already exists -- that would be much easier!

AACSB Online MBA | Best Online Colleges | Best Online Universities | GetEducated.com
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Mind you, many low-cost online MBA programs (the AACSB ones, anyway) are delivered lock-step, so they usually takes 2 years to finish. Most of these programs are very small and are intended to be completed part-time, so they only offer courses on a rotating basis. I believe Jacksonville State and UMass Lowell's programs can be completed full-time. I'd take a look at UMass Lowell - the tuition is affordable, it's a solid research university, and their NCAA Div I Ice Hockey team has won their division two years in a row, making for a great conversation starter and name recognition in the Midwest and Northeast. (You'd be surprised at the benefits Div I sports have on alumni)

Anyway, I'm sorry for inadvertently hijacking the thread, there will be no more from me.
CPA (WA), CFA Level III Candidate

Currently pursuing: ALM, Data Science - Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (12/48, on hold for CFA/life commitments)
MBA, Finance/Accounting - Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 2015
BSBA, General Management - Thomas Edison State College, Trenton, NJ, 2012

I came close to choosing the ENMU MBA (I was lacking to many pre reqs).....I'm Convinced you made a great choice! Looking forward to your updates and good luck!
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Thanks for the update Sahara. Since you mentioned ENMU, I have been considering them as well. It will be nice to hear how things go.
UptonSinclair Wrote:Thanks for the update Sahara. Since you mentioned ENMU, I have been considering them as well. It will be nice to hear how things go.

+1 :iagree:

Same here. If I should decide to pursue an MBA, I am also considering ENMU. Thank you for doing the research and locating this pearl. I expect no less than 1.5-2yrs to complete the MBA so this program would be perfect.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your experience at California Coast University? Interested in $21k doctorate. effexbiz 32 1,577 09-01-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Heartstrings
  JWMI MBA Program - My experience so far Vle045 33 4,112 08-31-2024, 07:34 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Recent NWCU Law experience? txc1500 1 418 08-27-2024, 06:00 AM
Last Post: MFG
  Share your TESU to GaTech OMSCS experience Blckbuster 4 1,454 03-10-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  IICSE University - cheap,convenient,not accredited. Any experience? xicovu 7 9,322 09-12-2020, 11:23 AM
Last Post: eLearner
  Walden U - MHA - Start date 12/3 Accountability and Experience GoodYellowDogs 21 4,270 06-01-2019, 04:56 PM
Last Post: SuZQ2
  My Experience at the Harvard Extension School Information Session jane_eyre11 21 8,385 12-28-2018, 11:04 PM
Last Post: alexf.1990
  LSUS MBA Experience Cory 1 3,456 10-22-2018, 05:24 PM
Last Post: mindstealer
  Does anyone on the forum have any experience with SNHU? leland.kirk 10 5,196 03-22-2018, 11:38 PM
Last Post: Muldoon
  Fresh Ashworth Experience? High_Order1 1 1,675 02-20-2018, 04:53 PM
Last Post: videogamesrock