Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More NCCRS-Approved Courses from Saylor!!!
Sweet!!!!!
sanantone Wrote:BUS203: Principles of Marketing
BUS204: Business Statistics
BUS205: Business Law and Ethics
BUS208: Principles of Management
BUS210: Corporate Communication
CS101: Introduction to Computer Science I
MA001: Beginning Algebra
MA005: Calculus 1
POLSC201: Introduction to Western Political Thought

National College Credit Recommendation Service (NCCRS) « Saylor.org – Free Online Courses Built by Professors

Darn, I already knew about those. Sad

I did the unproctored final exam for the pol sci one to see how hard it was, didn't pass, lol, and put it out of my mind.

I hope coursera adds more though, I prefer their format to saylor, and to tesc for that matter.
Total Newb Big Grin - Enrolled at TESC for AA, eventually going for BA Psych.

Thanks to everyone who provides such awesome information on this site, I'm slowly getting the hang of this crazy process.

CLEP - Intro. Psych. - 63, A&I Literature - 72, Intro. Edu. Psych. - 59
ALEKS - Intermediate Algebra
FEMA - 12 Credits
My problem with Coursera is that you can't start and finish their courses anytime. Sometimes, you have to wait a few months to a year for the course to be offered again or even for the first time. The final for Bioelectricity was only offered from April 4-11. I've been waiting a loooong time for Introduction to Evolution to open up. You might as well act like Coursera's ACE-approved courses don't exist since they're so inconvenient to take.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
This is great!! I loved the Saylor courses I took and I really wish I hadn't already fulfilled these areas with other tests. Anyway, this is great news!!
CLEP:
West. Civ I - 65, A&I Lit - 66, Biology - 65, Chemistry - 55, Nat. Sciences - 64, US Hist I - 68, Am. Lit - 61, US Hist II - 62, Am. Gov. - 67, Macroecon. - 63, Microecon. - 75, College Comp. - 66, Prin. of Marketing - 68, Prin. of Mngt - 71

DSST:
Civil War and Reconst. - 70, Prin. of Supervision - 443, Intro to World Rel - 477, Intro to Bus - 443, HR Mgmt - 64, Intro to Computing - 458, Prin. of Fin. Acct - 80Big Grin, Bus Ethics & Society - 447, Prin. of Finance - 437

ALEKS:
Int. Algebra, College Algebra, Precalc, Intro to Stats., Business Stats.

SAYLOR:
Corp. Comm - 78%, Bus Law and Ethics - 76%

PENN FOSTER:
Manag. Acct. - 96, Int. Acct. 1 - 98, Int. Acct. 2 - 87, Cost Acct. - 94, Strategic Bus. Mngt. - 95

ADAMS STATE:
Auditing - 89

LSU:
Adv. Acct. - B

TECEP:
Fed Income Taxation

BSBA Accounting
sanantone Wrote:My problem with Coursera is that you can't start and finish their courses anytime. Sometimes, you have to wait a few months to a year for the course to be offered again or even for the first time. The final for Bioelectricity was only offered from April 4-11. I've been waiting a loooong time for Introduction to Evolution to open up. You might as well act like Coursera's ACE-approved courses don't exist since they're so inconvenient to take.

Yeah. They're not convenient for earning credit but I love taking them for fun. When I see new courses come up I get annoyed that I can't take them because I'm too busy taking my "real" courses, lol. I can't wait til I'm done and I can go back to taking coursera courses for fun, and I actually learn more from them too.

The ones that are done are still a good source of video lectures if you're studying for a test or other course on the same subject.
Total Newb Big Grin - Enrolled at TESC for AA, eventually going for BA Psych.

Thanks to everyone who provides such awesome information on this site, I'm slowly getting the hang of this crazy process.

CLEP - Intro. Psych. - 63, A&I Literature - 72, Intro. Edu. Psych. - 59
ALEKS - Intermediate Algebra
FEMA - 12 Credits
I just finished my first course with Saylor, Introduction to Computer Science and passed the final with 80%
It shows on my transcript with Saylor as complete and also has a verification code for the certificate.

Does this mean when I'm ready to enroll with TESC that I just send them the transcript?
Does anyone know where it will fit into Gen Ed. so I don't take similar course elsewhere?
I have been prepping to take the marketing CLEP but maybe I will try this out just to see how I like it. Does anyone know if these are open / closed book. Notes allowed?
What I do like is that you can take an unproctored exam first, which I imagine will cover the same material.
AMU: 39 Gen Ed credits
Military ACE credits: 24 Gen Ed/GMS/Bus/Free credits
Clep: College Mathmatics 67 , Prin of Management 65 , College Algebra 56 , Anal & Interpreting Lit 65
DSST: Intro to Computing 452 , Prin of Supervision 446 , Management Information Systems 437 , Human Resource Mgmt 68 , Organization Behavior 63
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra , Pre-Calculus
Straighterline: Accounting I , Accounting II , Finiancial Accounting , Business Ethics
TEEX: Cybersecurity for Everyone
PF: Financial Management , Strategic Management
Saylor: Marketing
TECEP: Advertising
TESC: APS-401 Current Trends & Applications
Photog Wrote:I just finished my first course with Saylor, Introduction to Computer Science and passed the final with 80%
It shows on my transcript with Saylor as complete and also has a verification code for the certificate.

Does this mean when I'm ready to enroll with TESC that I just send them the transcript?
Does anyone know where it will fit into Gen Ed. so I don't take similar course elsewhere?

In order to receive credit at TESC, you have to take the proctored final, that requires a password. I'm thinking that you took the un-proctored practice final exam which will give you a certificate. If that's the case, then you'll need to either find a proctor to administer the proctored final or pay $25 to take the final through ProctorU. The un-proctored final is great practice for the proctored final (at least for the 2 courses I took, they were). Here's more information...National College Credit Recommendation Service (NCCRS) « Saylor.org – Free Online Courses Built by Professors

Once you finish the proctored final with over 70%, then you can send in the transcript request form to Saylor and they will send your transcript to TESC. It took about a week for TESC to receive mine. Here's the link for the transcript request form....http://www.saylor.org/site/wp-content/up...t-Form.pdf

Also, I'm no expert and I'm not an advisor, but it says on the Saylor partner page that CS101: Introduction to Computer Science I transfers to TESC as COS101: Introduction to Computers/CIS. You'll need to have that verified with TESC though. Check out this page for more info. Just click on the link for TESC...Saylor.org

If you did take the proctored final, then you can ignore my comments above! Smile
CLEP:
West. Civ I - 65, A&I Lit - 66, Biology - 65, Chemistry - 55, Nat. Sciences - 64, US Hist I - 68, Am. Lit - 61, US Hist II - 62, Am. Gov. - 67, Macroecon. - 63, Microecon. - 75, College Comp. - 66, Prin. of Marketing - 68, Prin. of Mngt - 71

DSST:
Civil War and Reconst. - 70, Prin. of Supervision - 443, Intro to World Rel - 477, Intro to Bus - 443, HR Mgmt - 64, Intro to Computing - 458, Prin. of Fin. Acct - 80Big Grin, Bus Ethics & Society - 447, Prin. of Finance - 437

ALEKS:
Int. Algebra, College Algebra, Precalc, Intro to Stats., Business Stats.

SAYLOR:
Corp. Comm - 78%, Bus Law and Ethics - 76%

PENN FOSTER:
Manag. Acct. - 96, Int. Acct. 1 - 98, Int. Acct. 2 - 87, Cost Acct. - 94, Strategic Bus. Mngt. - 95

ADAMS STATE:
Auditing - 89

LSU:
Adv. Acct. - B

TECEP:
Fed Income Taxation

BSBA Accounting
HorseManiac Wrote:In order to receive credit at TESC, you have to take the proctored final, that requires a password. I'm thinking that you took the un-proctored practice final exam which will give you a certificate. If that's the case, then you'll need to either find a proctor to administer the proctored final or pay $25 to take the final through ProctorU. The un-proctored final is great practice for the proctored final (at least for the 2 courses I took, they were). Here's more information...National College Credit Recommendation Service (NCCRS) « Saylor.org – Free Online Courses Built by Professors

Thank you HorseManiac Smile I can see in the testing center the option to enrol in the NCCRS final test. I take a look at ProctorU today.
Aleks: Beginning, Intermediate, College Algebra, Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics
Straighterline: Cultural Anthropology, Religion, Biology, Environmental Science, Philosophy, Eng Comp I, C++.
Working on - Eng Comp II, Intro Comm
Sophia Intro to Psych
TEEX: CYB101, CYB201, CYB301
NFA: Q318, Q118, Q137
Kaplan: Documenting Experiences

Goal: Complete Gen Ed. requirements.
I hope that partner page is right. Do you all remember when TESC used to count ALEKS Business Statistics as Operations Management, but changed the equivalency to Statistics? Well, Saylor's partner page says that their Business Statistics course is transcribed as Operations Management by TESC. If that is true, then that'll be great. The page also says that Saylor's Beginning Algebra is equivalent to TESC's College Algebra.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data Analytics Courses - Maven Analytics Vle045 2 404 4 hours ago
Last Post: ceedfabricator
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 56 9,565 09-12-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: slammX
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 303 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Clackamas Courses - Online or Remote (set schedule) bjcheung77 8 1,698 09-07-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Which schools accept NCCRS? wow 12 523 08-17-2024, 07:22 AM
Last Post: wow
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 23 3,578 08-16-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 342 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,335 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Closed Sophia Courses BritStudent 5 487 07-10-2024, 06:16 PM
  Reasonably priced upper-division RA math courses Ivo Lah 5 569 06-18-2024, 11:20 AM