Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
More NCCRS-Approved Courses from Saylor!!! - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: More NCCRS-Approved Courses from Saylor!!! (/Thread-More-NCCRS-Approved-Courses-from-Saylor)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

More NCCRS-Approved Courses from Saylor!!! - sanantone - 12-01-2013

BUS203: Principles of Marketing
BUS204: Business Statistics
BUS205: Business Law and Ethics
BUS208: Principles of Management
BUS210: Corporate Communication
CS101: Introduction to Computer Science I
MA001: Beginning Algebra
MA005: Calculus 1
POLSC201: Introduction to Western Political Thought

National College Credit Recommendation Service (NCCRS) « Saylor.org – Free Online Courses Built by Professors

More NCCRS-Approved Courses from Saylor!!! - rebel100 - 12-01-2013

This is exciting news!

They currently offer 312 courses. It would be amazing if they only got 50 of those approved by NCCRS. They are also working on aligning more courses with Uexcel, TECEP, Straighterline, and AP exams. If I were wealthy, I would donate so much money to them. I like them much more than the popular MOOCs like Coursera and edX.

More NCCRS-Approved Courses from Saylor!!! - soliloquy - 12-01-2013

Question, the courses listed on this link...does this mean you can take those courses at Saylor and transfer them to TESC now or does this just mean they are aligned so that you can take the corresponding TECEP exam with TESC? I'm not sure what this changes?

More NCCRS-Approved Courses from Saylor!!! - rebel100 - 12-01-2013

soliloquy Wrote:Question, the courses listed on this link...does this mean you can take those courses at Saylor and transfer them to TESC now or does this just mean they are aligned so that you can take the corresponding TECEP exam with TESC? I'm not sure what this changes?
courses approved by NCCRS will transfer directly as if on an ACE or FEMA transcript....nothing extra to take.

Yep, there are two separate categories: NCCRS-approved courses offered for credit completely by Saylor and CBE aligned courses. The NCCRS courses require a proctored final exam. When you pass the exam, Saylor will put the course on a transcript so that it can be sent to other schools that accept NCCRS credits. In other words, the course in and of itself is worth credit much like the ACE-approved courses offered by Straighterline. Saylor has been offering 3 NCCRS-approved courses for awhile, but they just added 6 more. The courses are free, and people usually pay a proctor $0-30. ProctorU charges $25.

The credit aligned courses are not accredited or approved for college credit by NCCRS or ACE. They are just set up so that you can use them to study for CLEP, TECEP, Uexcel, etc. Saylor tells you which courses are NCCRS-approved or credit aligned.
Credit Aligned Courses « Saylor.org – Free Online Courses Built by Professors

More NCCRS-Approved Courses from Saylor!!! - ironheadjack - 12-01-2013

Can anyone fathom a guess how TESC will transcribe "POLSC201: Introduction to Western Political Thought"? I tried the PLA database but it wasn't giving me an answer.

I can only recall that it's a lower level, political science course.

More NCCRS-Approved Courses from Saylor!!! - Tedium - 12-01-2013

ironheadjack Wrote:Can anyone fathom a guess how TESC will transcribe "POLSC201: Introduction to Western Political Thought"? I tried the PLA database but it wasn't giving me an answer.

From Saylor: "POLSC201 Intro to Western Political Thought would be the equivalent to POS-299, a generic lower division political science course. It can also satisfy the Political Theory requirement." Saylor.org

Man, I am really excited they are expanding. It's probably too late to be of any use to me, but it's such an amazing resource and opportunity for others.

ETA: They haven't updated that page to reflect how the partner schools will treat the newer additions.

More NCCRS-Approved Courses from Saylor!!! - SweetSecret - 12-01-2013

This is great news, thank you for sharing! I've been doing a ton of volunteer work & had sent a list of educational resources to the coordinator at the non-profit. I'm sure many of the women in their program will be thrilled about this news as well.