Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metaversities
simulated educational environments
With Money From Facebook, 10 Colleges Turn Their Campuses into ‘Metaversities’ | EdSurge News
Is it possible to simultaneously love and hate a new disruptive technology?
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • mohelena02
Yeah, I've never really experienced this kind of technology but I can see how someone might be drawn to it.  I'd like to know more about how it works.
(06-04-2022, 08:32 PM)MNomadic Wrote: Is it possible to simultaneously love and hate a new disruptive technology?

Sure. I do it with very old technologies all the time, e.g ancient operating systems and even my "Grandpa" flip-phone. Why can't I do it with new ones?  Smile
Oh nnooowww I get why Facebook wanted to change their name to Meta. They wanted to be the new Metaverse. But DC comics had it first. And you can’t mess with the metaverse. It could change all the universes in the multiverse. Did anyone call the Justice League and see if this will mess with the timeline?
MBA - JWMI (in progress)
BA - Edinboro University
Certificate, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation

LawShelf Affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Additional course free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

ENEB Affiliate
MBA + Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/N92904319K?ap=12c8
MBA *or* Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/S92904390Y?ap=44dc
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • origamishuttle
(06-08-2022, 07:33 AM)Vle045 Wrote: Oh nnooowww I get why Facebook wanted to change their name to Meta.  They wanted to be the new Metaverse.  But DC comics had it first.  And you can’t mess with the metaverse.  It could change all the universes in the multiverse.  Did anyone call the Justice League and see if this will mess with the timeline?

Heart I'm not even a comics fan.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
[-] The following 1 user Likes SweetSecret's post:
  • Vle045
(06-04-2022, 08:32 PM)MNomadic Wrote: Is it possible to simultaneously love and hate a new disruptive technology?

It's not new, this is what Second Life was two decades ago. Universities tested that out too, back in the day. And it's not disruptive, at least not yet, and with Facebook pushing it, I have hope that it won't be.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
(06-09-2022, 11:03 AM)SteveFoerster Wrote:

Anything at all to do with Facebook? No! Just plain NO!
Here's a related article
What Could the Metaverse Mean for Higher Education? | Diverse: Issues In Higher Education (diverseeducation.com)
Here's a list of Metaverse courses
The ultimate guide to metaverse courses online (analyticsindiamag.com)