Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMass Boston B.A., Community Studies Online Completion Program
Does anybody have any experience with this program?

UMass Boston | CCDE | Online Bachelor of Arts Degree Completion Program in Community Studies

It is marketed as an online Bachelor's completion program for transfer students with at least 90 undergraduate credits on their transcripts. To complete the B.A. in Community Studies, there is a list of 11 3-credit courses, from which you must pick and pass 10 (30 credits) to fulfill the UMB residency requirement and graduate.

I've been giving it some serious thought as I'm about to finish my A.S. through UMass Lowell this Spring - I started there in person when I still lived in that neck of the woods then switched to exclusively online when I moved - but one of the major negatives I've experienced with UML's online program is that advising/support is very limited and slow to respond, if at all, which can be extraordinarily aggravating when you truly need help. I've now sent e-mails to two different contacts at UMB in reference to admission requirements for this program, one being a generic mailbox and the other a specific admissions contact, and neither have responded to my fairly simple inquiry in over two weeks now, so I'm having second thoughts on pursuing my four-year degree with a UMass institution to avoid a repeat of the lack of support I've experienced with UML.

... I know that was long-winded, but any thoughts, anyone? Smile
Bummpity - I was wondering about this also, any info would be great!!
billwest33 Wrote:Does anybody have any experience with this program?

UMass Boston | CCDE | Online Bachelor of Arts Degree Completion Program in Community Studies

It is marketed as an online Bachelor's completion program for transfer students with at least 90 undergraduate credits on their transcripts. To complete the B.A. in Community Studies, there is a list of 11 3-credit courses, from which you must pick and pass 10 (30 credits) to fulfill the UMB residency requirement and graduate.

I've been giving it some serious thought as I'm about to finish my A.S. through UMass Lowell this Spring - I started there in person when I still lived in that neck of the woods then switched to exclusively online when I moved - but one of the major negatives I've experienced with UML's online program is that advising/support is very limited and slow to respond, if at all, which can be extraordinarily aggravating when you truly need help. I've now sent e-mails to two different contacts at UMB in reference to admission requirements for this program, one being a generic mailbox and the other a specific admissions contact, and neither have responded to my fairly simple inquiry in over two weeks now, so I'm having second thoughts on pursuing my four-year degree with a UMass institution to avoid a repeat of the lack of support I've experienced with UML.

... I know that was long-winded, but any thoughts, anyone? Smile

When I was school shopping I found there is no replacement for speaking directly with the school. Call them and tell them about your difficulties communicating with them and their lack of response...ask if their support during the degree plan is any better. I know it's an in-your-face type approach but there would be no wondering once you received your answer.
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For Sale: Young Online University in California bjcheung77 19 2,947 09-26-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Employment Opportunities in Online Schools BSBRose21 4 674 09-26-2023, 06:19 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  The middlemen of online higher ed article cardiacclep 0 514 12-31-2022, 01:27 PM
Last Post: cardiacclep
Exclamation Boston University Doctors Create New COVID Variant that Has 80% Kill Rate LevelUP 10 1,340 10-20-2022, 03:34 PM
Last Post: inf
  Modern Languages Launches Online Language Courses LevelUP 0 555 07-23-2022, 11:09 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  5 Studies Prove Being Bilingual Helps Kal Di 7 932 07-10-2022, 08:13 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Program to educate incarcerated people costs 40K per graduate?! studyingfortests 25 2,216 05-11-2022, 06:29 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Has anyone taken a math course at community college? picgirl27 2 835 04-03-2022, 09:54 AM
Last Post: picgirl27
Information Pell Grant recipients and others can apply for Emergency Broadband Benefit Program MNomadic 2 1,007 05-16-2021, 03:34 AM
Last Post: jch
  Almost $250 Billion Growth in Online Education bjcheung77 0 741 02-17-2021, 01:43 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77