Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Majority Support Banning the Consideration of Race During College Admissions: Poll
Majority of Americans Support Banning the Consideration of Race During College Admissions: Poll

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/majorit...sions-poll
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • JannikTT, StoicJ
(10-24-2022, 06:57 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Majority of Americans Support Banning of Race During College Admissions: Poll

I think you mean "banning the CONSIDERATION of race", not banning of race.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(10-24-2022, 06:58 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 06:57 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Majority of Americans Support Banning of Race During College Admissions: Poll

It wouldn't fit. I was trying to shorten it. You caught me just before I realized "of Americans" is redundant, so I removed that part.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(10-24-2022, 07:03 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 06:58 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

It wouldn't fit. I was trying to shorten it. You caught me just before I realized "of Americans" is redundant, so I removed that part.

Unfortunately, you left off something important, leaving the meaning unclear.  If you have to edit, you should determine what is critical to leave in, and what you can take out and still have the same meaning.  Banning race implies...you know, banning certain races.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
We're going the wrong way. First the war on women (repeal of Roe v. Wade), and now a war on people of color. And of course, Foxnews championing this terrible trend. If Foxnews had it their way, women would be homemakers, and disadvantaged people of color will have unskilled labor jobs. That's their world.
[-] The following 4 users Like ifomonay's post:
  • ArielB74, carrythenothing, jsd, ss20ts
(10-24-2022, 11:45 PM)ifomonay Wrote: We're going the wrong way. First the war on women (repeal of Roe v. Wade), and now a war on people of color. And of course, Foxnews championing this terrible trend. If Foxnews had it their way, women would be homemakers, and disadvantaged people of color will have unskilled labor jobs. That's their world.

How is considering academic achievement and merit alone instead of race/ethnicity considered a war on people of color?  Using racial quotas is ok?  I am also not sure why bringing up the messenger is important (Fox).  Would it be better if the OP used WAPO instead? Literally says the same thing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/education...l-results/
TESU - BA CS
[-] The following 2 users Like inf's post:
  • JannikTT, StoicJ
(10-25-2022, 12:00 AM)inf Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 11:45 PM)ifomonay Wrote: We're going the wrong way. First the war on women (repeal of Roe v. Wade), and now a war on people of color. And of course, Foxnews championing this terrible trend. If Foxnews had it their way, women would be homemakers, and disadvantaged people of color will have unskilled labor jobs. That's their world.

How is considering academic achievement and merit alone instead of race/ethnicity considered a war on people of color?  Using racial quotas is ok?  I am also not sure why bringing up the messenger is important (Fox).  Would it be better if the OP used WAPO instead? Literally says the same thing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/education...l-results/

It's a problem that we've been trying to solve since 1964. Not factoring race isn't the answer. That will return us to pre-1960's, just like the overturn of Roe v. Wade. We're going the wrong way.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ifomonay's post:
  • ss20ts
What we're talking about is the racism of diminished expectations.  It all starts with a liberal assumption that certain races are inferior and need an unfair advantage.  A better idea is to use resources to boost the abilities of underachievers to meet standards instead of tearing down opportunities for poor white people.  Rich people will always find their opportunities.
Can this be moved to a different forum?
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
This article isn't about graduate programs. It should be in a different forum.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit bjcheung77 17 172,637 11 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Freshman College Comp w/essay mom2school 13 2,730 09-14-2024, 07:37 AM
Last Post: upgradelately
  Self-paced online college without essay? Nickinspace 18 1,999 08-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wow
  'Duped': Students of UA's new online college can't get jobs, say school misled them o smartdegree 12 1,324 07-31-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Free College Hack - Italian or Hungarian Ancestry nykorn 7 617 07-23-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  College or university isn't what it's cracked up to be... bjcheung77 3 429 07-14-2024, 10:58 AM
  Free college for "Senior citizens" jb111 6 750 07-07-2024, 06:55 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Next Frontier for College Sports: Cornhole Scholarships LevelUP 1 293 07-01-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 4 1,110 06-13-2024, 09:12 AM
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 22 3,362 05-31-2024, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Thfuriene