Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Describe Test Stuff
could you please describe the setting of the test area?
do you have to bring an ID? Are there a lot of test takers?
Is there someone who watches the test takers in case we have to ask a question?
are there separators between each computer?
What are the cell phone rules? I can't stand it when someone's phone rings in the middle of the test! Do they take the phones away? I hope!
I've taken tests in a few different test centers, some with as few as three testing with me to a full room (12 or more). You do need at least one ID, sometimes two. Some test centers have lockers where you have to put your bag, phone, etc; others will tell you to turn off your phone when you go in. They will give you a piece of paper and a pencil to use during the test. The testing centers that I've been have had some type of dividers between the computers and some offer earplugs. It varies somewhat between test centers; some are extremely strict (had to take off my watch and put it in the locker) and some are much easier (had me put my bag on the chair next to me). There is always someone watching the room; if you have a question you just raise your hand. I hope this helps; let me know if you have any other questions.
Ann

January, 2009: Northeastern University, AS, Human Resources!

Tests Passed:
Labor Relations ECE: B
HR Management, ECE: B
Principles of Marketing CLEP: 67
Introductory Business Law CLEP: 68
Information Systems CLEP: 59
English Comp w/Essay CLEP: 60
Introductory Psychology CLEP: 61
Macroeconomics Clep: 54
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP: 72
College Math CLEP: 55
Here's to Your Health DSST: 426
Technical Writing DSST: 61
Business Ethics DSST: 444
Business Policy TECEP: Passed!
American Literature: 58
Principles of Supervision DSST: 456
Principles of Statistics DSST: 420

FEMA Courses Passed: 8

Penn Foster:
Business and Technical Writing: Done!
Art Appreciation: Done!

Straighterline:
Microeconomics: 72
Accounting 2: 73
US History: 83
Introductory Biology for Non-Majors: 79
We have tried three different testing centers and had three different experiences.

1. Very crowded, large room with all computers facing the wall with dividers, lockers for your bag, cell phone must be in locker and completely off, difficult to schedule because all of the college tests including nursing exams go thru the facility, easy parking, nice staff

2. Small facility, 6 computers in one room facing wall with dividers, lockers, cell phone completely off..., schedule a week in advance, obvious cameras on you, knows our names and cheers us on,

3. Large facility but only 15 computers in two rooms with dividers and comfy office chairs, lockers..., cell off, must bring correct cash because they don't keep enough cash for change, very quiet, offer earphones if you like, no need to schedule, just check the site for open days, cameras not noticeable, don't know our names, dedicated to CLEP type tests, other university exams taken elsewhere,

The bottom line is you need to call the testing center you plan to use and ask about the facility, requirements, parking, noise, schedule ect. I hope you have several testing options in your area and find one or two you like.

BTW, we like #2 & #3 the best. 2 for the personal touch (MSU in Wichita Falls, TX) and 3 for the chairs, easy scheduling, good driving distance and an amazing burger joint and starbucks nearby (UNT in Denton, TX).

Happy testing!

Passed:

American Gov, US History 1, US History 2, Computing, Info Systems, Humanities, Sociology, Art, Western Civ I, Western Civ II, Social Sciences and History, Civil War, Business, Vietnam, A&I Lit, Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice, American Lit, English Lit, Astronomy, Supervision, 1 FEMA, Total -79
Why don't you call your testing center and inquire? They'd probably be happy to tell you what to bring and how it's structured. I would definitely call ahead--you don't want to get there and find out you should have done something different.

My testing center was very small--only two computers. No lockers, no dividers. I did have to bring two forms of government-issued ID though. I used my driver's license and passport.
My "test center" is just one computer. It's a very small UOP. :o After taking so many tests there, I don't even need to show my ID anymore.
[SIZE="1"]BS General Business, March 2010

CLEP College Algebra 51
CLEP Natural Sciences 63
CLEP Social Sciences and History 59
CLEP A&I Lit. 74
CLEP Intro to Sociology 67
CLEP Info Systems and Computer App. 58
CLEP Intro to Psychology 66
CLEP Intro to Business Law 64
CLEP Principles of Management 73
CLEP Principles of Marketing 63
CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 61
CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 62
DSST Fundamentals of Counseling 49
DSST Principles of Supervision 61
DSST Substance Abuse 441 (Pass)
DSST Business Law II 67
DSST Management Information Systems 436
DSST Principles of Statistics 466
DSST Principles of Finance 435
DSST Civil War and Reconstruction 57
DSST Criminal Justice 431
ECE English Comp C :mad:
ECE World Population A
ECE Ethics, Theory and Practice A
ECE Organizational Behavior A
ECE Human Resource Management B
EC Business Policy B
Straighterline Accounting I B
Straighterline Accounting II B
CSU Pueblo Ops Management A
[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Elite colleges are lying about how much test scores mean LevelUP 0 229 06-12-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Test score rogeryoung 4 496 04-24-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: rogeryoung
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 450 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 795 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 7,246 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  SANS FOR500 Test and college credit vetvso 5 1,331 10-30-2022, 07:11 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Inside the Vast National Experiment in Test-Optional College Admissions LevelUP 2 1,084 04-11-2022, 05:49 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  BALS degree Foreign Service Officer Test vetvso 2 933 02-25-2022, 02:49 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  Med School Tutors now part of Blueprint Test Prep! bjcheung77 0 566 11-01-2021, 06:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Management Test Battery (MTB) Exam? Merlin 9 4,991 03-08-2020, 08:14 PM
Last Post: Merlin