Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MLK Day
MLK observance day. One of the most important people of America's time.
Gary Wrote:MLK observance day. One of the most important people of America's time.

he learned a lot from Gandhi, while having a lot of individuals who paved the way (marcus garvey, vernon johns, web dubois, booker t. washington). the right person at the right time.

“ Christ gave us the goals and Mahatma Gandhi the tactics. ”
— Martin Luther King Jr, 1955[56]
DSST Environment & Race to Save Humanity *  51/80 Clep CIS  63/80
College Math  66/80 * DSST Business Law II  -  No Pass
Principles of Mgmt  61/80 * A/I Lit  51/80 retest 61/80
Social Sciences and History -  66/80  -  A * Freshman Composition  -  60/80
Intro to Computers  426 -Current System - p/f = pass * Intro to Modern Middle East Studies -  61/80
Human Cultural Geography  -  61/80 * US History I  - A   -61/80
US History II - A  68/80 * Civil War  -  A   57/80
Intro to World Religions  - A  68/80 * Intro to Bus Law -  64/80    A
Public Speaking 55/80  A * MIS 429/500 * Statistics 459/500 * MacroEconomics  57/80
MicroEconomics   53/80 (ran out no money in meter) * Criminal Justice 418/500
English Comp with Essay 58/80 * Personal Finance 406/500 (Ran thru IC once & test once... 40 minutes/98 questions.. close call) 
Principle of Supervision -  436/500 * Clep American Government 67/80  
FEMA's Completed - 49 (sorry i'm addicted to them).

BA - Criminal Justice - Central State University
AAS - Computer Science - TESU
AAS - BOG - Info Tech - Pierpont
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member
I need to read up on Gandhi.
Also, Robert E. Lee's Birthday yesterday and Stonewall Jackson's tomorrow.

Deo Vindice. Resurgam.
Southron Boy

CLEP: English Comp w/ essay, English Comp w/o essay, American Gov't, U.S. History I, A & I Lit, Humanities, Intro Sociology, Intro to Psyc, Human Growth & Development, Intro to Ed Psyc, Prin of Management, Prin of Marketing, Business Law

DSST: Technical Writing
Southron Boy Wrote:Also, Robert E. Lee's Birthday yesterday and Stonewall Jackson's tomorrow.

Deo Vindice. Resurgam.

Yes, that's true!!!! Save yore Confederate dollarz, the South will rise again!!!! Smile
As long as slavery isn't involved can Idaho join?
I watched several MLK documentaries yesterday and one thing really stuck with me: the emphasis on "integration." That is to say the integration of blacks in schools, community living, everything. It was really all about desegregation and that's what blacks were clearly protesting about then.

I just find it odd because now what you see in America is minorities self-segregating. What happened to all the integration in America? Why do blacks no longer want to integrate? In some ways things have actually gotten worse. I still firmly believe that affirmative action policies and diversity scholarships played a large role in the resentment among working classes in America -- but that's just my take.
B.S. Liberal Studies Excelsior College
graduated Cum Laude
321 total SH of college credit
currently finishing B.S. in Mathematics at UTRGV en route to Masters in Mathematics
current goal: Pass 4 of the actuarial science exams and become an actuary
Retired Intelligence Officer (21 years, 6 combat tours to Iraq and Afghanistan)
As long as Idaho admits they would have joined the south if they had been around back then.
Goal - BA in History at Thomas Edison State College

Taking War and American Society and Liberal Arts Capstone at in August semester.

Information Systems and Computer Applications - 66
English Composition with Essay - 56
Freshman College Composition - 68
Analizing and Interpreting Literature - 67
Civil War and Reconstruction DSST
Vietnam War DSST
Intro to World Religions DSST - 470
Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union DSST
Western Europe since 1954 CLEP
Sociology DSST
Social Sciences and History CLEP
Sociology CLEP
et. al.
Affirmative action does affect and upset people. That is to be expected for obvious reasons. Jobs are an important part of survival, nobody likes threats to that. As far as the North and South thing, it is a part of history not to be ignored. Thousands of whites died horrible, painful deaths, in part to abolish slavery. But we've moved forward (or should have) from that whole episode. Interesting concept. When the chips are down, who did we turn to. An African American to leads us through the woods. We are moving in the right direction. MLK was an important part of America's history, he did for African Americans, what needed to be done just like other races would've wanted done for them. There is definitely an undercurrent of racism still in this country and it surfaces right here on this website. Interesting how people deny it and act like it doesn't exist, when in fact, it is prevalent. I say the unpopular, AND, I say it in public. Those that know me know I shoot through the "bleeding heart". I don't just say it on a faceless website. My wife is american who's heritage is Jamaican. Oh, she's fully domesticated, has her degree and pays taxes just so you know. We have two beautiful kids and I don't give a damn what anyone would say. I'll add this also, that southern crap talk won't be tolerated around me. That's pure ignorance. You can say it here, that's OK. I've found in the past, when these little weasels are challenged, they back down like the little sissies they are. There. I hope that's unpopular also. This is not aimed at you professor, just any other gutless southern whacks out there. Get over it.
Ah my friends you make it so hard...