Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I feel like im moving too slow... am I?
I've been on this journey since June 2008 and I've racked up 90 credits; however, it seems like I should be going faster. I keep repeating the IC mantra that "this is not a race" but that doesn't quench my anxiety. Secondly, Im in a little study slump (DSST Law Enforcement). I just keep thinking about getting this particular exam finished (material is soooo boring), so I scheduled for Monday. Am I moving too slowly or am I just you're typical "Type A"?... I need some advice.

[SIZE="2"]LUCK DOESN'T EXIST![/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="2"]"Luck? Luck is when you're at your desk until four a.m. every night chasing deals, and a few years later you look up and your broker tells you you're worth a few million dollars"-RYAN D'AGOSTINO
"You are your own worst enemy. You waste precious time dreaming of the future instead of engaging in the present. Since nothing seems urgent to you, you are only half involved in what you do. The only way to change is through action and outside pressure. Put yourself in situations where you have too much at stake to waste time or resources - if you cannot afford to lose, you won’t. Cut your ties to the past; enter unknown territory where you must depend on your wits and energy to see you through. Place yourself on “death ground,” where your back is against the wall and you have to fight like hell to get out alive." -The 33 Strategies of War[/SIZE][/SIZE]
90 credits since June is pretty admirable!!!!!! Keep it up!!!!!
Wait.........you've done 3/4 of your degree in 9 months and you feel like it's too SLOW??????

In all friendly amiability my Wise Advice is this:

Chill out.

hilarious hilarious hilarious

Seriously, that's a fabulous rate of progress. Great job! You're doing fantastic. Don't sweat it. It took me 18 months.
90 credits in less than a year is impressive. But, I kind of understand what you mean. I'm supposed to start a biology class in mid March but I'm having second thoughts on it because eight weeks seems too slow. I keep thinking about how many cleps I can take in that amount of time.
University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma - 32 credits
Oklahoma City Community College - 9 credits
Charter Oak State College - 3 credits
Penn Foster - 4 credits
BYU Public Speaking (IS) - 3 credits
UP- 21 credits
FEMA - 14 credits
ALEKS - Beginning Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra/Trig, Intro to Statistics, Behavioral Science Statistics, and Business Statistics
CLEPS - Analyzing Lit (55), Human Growth and Development (65), Educational Psychology (63), American Lit (64)
DSSTS - Here's to Your Health (435), Environmental Science (58), Business Ethics (442)

Completed my COSC BS with a concentration in Psychology in Jan. 2012.
Completed Penn Foster Animal Care: Dogs Certificate in April 2012
Completed Penn Foster Natural Health Care for Pets Certificate in May 2012
Roughly 240 days since you started and since then you have taken .375 credits per day with out a break for weekends. What a slacker.

Heck, it took me3 years to get my degree, so you are like Usain Bolt!
Due to a combination of changing majors and schools I finished my undergrad in just under 7 years. You're doing great.
I m edumakated thanx to distunce lerning.

MEd, Texas A&M University, 2018
MBA, University of North Dakota, 2014
MS, University of Illinois Springfield, 2010
BSBA, Thomas Edison State University, 2008
AS / AAS, Tidewater Community College, 2004
I did the same pace and no one accused me of dragging my feet. Far from it! Most peoples jaws drop in amazement when I tell them how quickly I'm getting through this. Don't be so hard on yourself (easier said that done, I know).
BA Social Sciences TESC 2009

CLEP
Humanities 64 | Intro Sociology 74 | Intro Psychology 74 | College Mathematics 60 | H.G. & Dev. 66
A&I Literature 65 | Educational Psychology 71 | American Government 67 | US History I 67 | US History II 72
Social Sciences & History 65 | English Comp 63
DSST
Civil War 61 | Substance Abuse 463 | Intro Computing 465 | Technical Writing 66 | Anthropology 66 | Prin. of Supervision 62
Enviro & Humanity 68 | Org Behavior 67 | Astronomy 60 | Ethics 467
ECE
World Population A | Research Methods in Psychology A | Adulthood & Aging A | Gerontology A | UExcel Political Science B

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]Read My Story[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"] Tested out of 120 credits in 11 months. Started with [COLOR="Blue"]0[/COLOR] credits on April 20, 2008 - Finished on March 18th 2009
[/SIZE][COLOR="Navy"][COLOR="Navy"]
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="#800080"][COLOR="#4B0082"]If you've been helped by someone on this forum then help someone on this forum.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR]
College Freshman Statistics (US Department of Education)

50% of incoming freshman will not graduate, EVER.

Only 34% of incoming freshman will graduate in under 6 years.

The remaining 16% of graduates will have taken longer than 6 years.

(edited for clarity)
i wish i could do what youve done its taken me 10 years:eek: to do 70 credits in school one or two classes a semester while working full time (12 hour shifts 5 days a week) and raising three kids. give your self a break you're amazing at least in my book. keep it up!
traditional credits 70

tests taken
sociology 65
information systems 52
introduction to computing 440
spanish 79 (native language)

tests needed:
pathophysiology
human anatomy and physiology
gerontology
statistics :eek:
A& I of literature
technical writing
plus ISU classes 4
I would be proud of progress like you have made, but I can relate to the slump feeling.

I've found it helps to go work on something else when I can't get into the material. Whatever you're using for Law Enforcement, just pop back in now & then so you don't lose too much while you study for some other test. I've read a few stats that say your retention is better in the end when you leave it and come back to it. Your call whether that's a good thing with this particular test Wink

Alternatively if I'm focusing too much on preparing for the exam, it gets sort of unreal, so I'll find something more engaging to flesh it out a bit. So if I were sick of looking at Law Enforcement flashcards, maybe I'd get a book on crime detection. Watch a video. You get the idea -- take some of the grind out of it.

Then there's the scorched-earth solution. Decide you dislike Law Enforcement enough to replace it with something else.

Phillip
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Management 77[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Sociology 74[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Marketing 78[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Psychology 80 [/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro Business Law 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 73[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP A & I Lit 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Financial Accounting 62[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Ethics in America 468[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST MIS 482[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Natural Science 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Org Behavior 80[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Finance 462[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Next: ALEKS Jail (College Algebra) Going dark to finish[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ProctorU moving to new 'Guardian Browser' system jch 4 2,898 05-17-2023, 04:04 PM
Last Post: jch
  Major Regret? See How These Americans Feel About Their College Degrees LevelUP 4 970 11-26-2022, 02:13 AM
Last Post: Johann
  Moving from UoL to one of the Big Three Amator 2 1,156 08-16-2019, 12:24 PM
Last Post: Leedeedee
  Looking bad to graduate fast? Very slow? Ideas 6 1,884 02-24-2018, 01:07 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  Catch me up, I feel I missed so much AJ_Atlanta 13 2,988 12-17-2017, 07:36 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  I think I'm ready to take American Government but I feel unsure. FizzixDegree 6 1,814 01-24-2017, 12:46 PM
Last Post: OnlineStudent011320
  How do you feel about your online college? korben996 26 2,987 08-30-2016, 11:03 AM
Last Post: rebel100
  Precalculus CLEP Prep - Best Concise Resources for Slow Reader? CLEP_engineer 7 1,419 02-12-2016, 08:54 AM
Last Post: adavis84
  Can You Withdraw from a Penn Foster Course? Feel Defeated heidi08 7 2,427 08-06-2015, 11:13 AM
Last Post: heidi08
  Both DSST Ethics tests this morning - and I don't feel prepared at all GoodYellowDogs 15 2,053 09-02-2014, 08:05 AM
Last Post: JTP