Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP!
Thanks for the help all!

Prioko: I am going to the University of San Francisco. Finished all my classes, just need to fill this gap.
oh ok cool. Thanks. I'll see if my spouse can use this.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
aaron1mix Wrote:Thanks for the help all!

Prioko: I am going to the University of San Francisco. Finished all my classes, just need to fill this gap.

Aaron1mix,

I checked your school's catalog, and unfortunately, it looks like the only thing I could find is what you already know; the CLEP Humanities exam seems to be your only bet.

Some students on here are so used to dealing with people from certain schools that they forget to ask what school it is you are attending. That is why I asked.

Now, it wouldn't hurt to call your school up and ask what their policy on ACE or military friendly credit is, but it seems your school is specific on the credit they accept. According to the catalog they don't seem to accept DSST exams (which is not uncommon by the way).

Don't fret, just give the exam one more try. I passed about 20 of these exams, and what I can tell you is that multiple choice is your best friend. The exam GIVES you the right answer, you just have to play "Who wants to be a Millionaire" with the questions. What do I mean? Well, it's nearly impossible to memorize all the info that will be on the exam, it covers several subjects (I would wager about 4 courses worth) of info. You have to focus your study on general concepts, terms and such. You also need to learn some specific works of art, but if you can get your choices down to 2 per question (my "millionaire reference), you have yourself a 50/50 and it will be easier to get the answer. It's not just about what the answer is, but what it is NOT.

So although I didn't take your specific exam, I do know generally how these exams work. Try another practice exam. Take your time with the questions. Try to find out which choices they are NOT. Also, after you are done with the practice exams, look at your incorrect answer choices, do a quick wiki and find out what the "right" question would have been for that wrong answer choice. You get what I mean, by reviewing your wrong answers, you might accidentally pull out an exam question for next week.

Good luck, if you don't pass (no such thing as "failing" a CLEP), just brush your shoulders off and get those last two classes done. You should be proud on how far you have come.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
I'm not sure how well Study dot com does at exam prep, but I know about IC and it's pass rates, and I know about REA and Peterson's. IC + REA + Peterson's is the winning ticket. You can access Peterson's by paying $20 and you can take all 3 timed exams. These are *very* accurate predictors of your success. Sometimes people share codes for Peterson's to get it free, I don't have one handy, but there may be one floating around.

https://www.petersons.com/college-search...-test.aspx

EDIT: one final thought, be sure you take all 3 REA tests and and only do each test once. As soon as you use a test as a re-take, it's no longer reliable. Also, next to each REA question, there is the reason for the answer. I can not stress enough how important it is to READ THOSE REASONS so you can deepen your understanding.

Good luck to you!
cookderosa Wrote:I'm not sure how well Study dot com does at exam prep, but I know about IC and it's pass rates, and I know about REA and Peterson's. IC + REA + Peterson's is the winning ticket. You can access Peterson's by paying $20 and you can take all 3 timed exams. These are *very* accurate predictors of your success. Sometimes people share codes for Peterson's to get it free, I don't have one handy, but there may be one floating around.

https://www.petersons.com/college-search...-test.aspx

EDIT: one final thought, be sure you take all 3 REA tests and and only do each test once. As soon as you use a test as a re-take, it's no longer reliable. Also, next to each REA question, there is the reason for the answer. I can not stress enough how important it is to READ THOSE REASONS so you can deepen your understanding.

Good luck to you!

Also check your local library system, mine (San Diego County) has free Peterson's stuff, so does Sac County. I'm sure lots of others do too. You can then take all of the CLEP practice tests for free.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
You guys Rock! Thanks for taking the time to provide more specific feedback, especially you Prioko! I am going to keep testing and studying and will let you guys know how it went on Saturday afternoon. Fingers crossed! It's been 7 years in the works, this test means everything to me right now.
Well guys, I passed the test!! Barely, with a 52, but nevertheless, it's a pass! I don't recommend this test for anyone. The studying was more broad than any subject. The questions are in depth enough to where someone would need a masters in each category to fully understand them. I reviewed over 1000 questions from the various websites I listed previously and practice tests. In hindsight, that was all a waste. Learning the terminology and watching videos on each poet, author, and artist, along with watching cliff notes of many of the plays listed on the study sheets, were the only thing that got me past the 50 mark.

Thank you all for your help and I highly recommend people avoid this test unless absolutely necessary.