Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level 8 Diploma + PhD as ABD at Marywood U
(09-12-2024, 09:04 AM)mdn Wrote:
(09-12-2024, 02:55 AM)FrHaseKopf Wrote: I plan to take this one, as it has two courses of research methods (60 UK credits = 12 US credits?) 
Research methods should be easy to transfer in, the other courses not sure
https://othm.org.uk/qualification/othm-l...p-practice

I plan to do UK level 8 diploma also, I do not know what will be better in the future, but OTHM has a little bit less level 8 courses. I thought before that Qualifi is better as there are more level 8 courses, but I think now that 60 UK credits level 8 courses definitely should be better than 20 UK credits level 7 (for research).

OTHM:
8 20 Developing Strategic Management and Leadership Potential
8 20 Managing Strategic Change
8 20 Project Development, Planning and Management
8 40 Advanced Research Design and Methodologies
8 20 Developing Research Capability

+ 3 * 20 level 7 courses
= 120 lvl 8 + 60 lvl 7

Qualifi:
8 20 Leadership Qualities and Practice
8 20 Personal Leadership Development as a Strategic Manager
8 20 Strategy Development in Cross Border and Global Organisations
8 20 Strategic Planning in Cross Border and Global Organisations
8 20 Strategic Direction in Cross Border and Global Organisations
8 20 Strategic Communication
8 20 Culture and its Impact on Strategy
7 20 Research Methods

= 140 lvl 8 + 20 lvl 7

Are there any specific programs you have looked at? I see online they vary in cost.
-
Joe
(09-12-2024, 10:13 AM)NotJoeBiden Wrote: Are there any specific programs you have looked at? I see online they vary in cost.

I found just previously mentioned:
1) OTHM Level 8 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership Practice
2) Qualifi Level 8 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership
Both - something like 1500 GBP for "usual track" (9 months), "fast track" (6 months) is about 50% more expensive.
Some minor discount if fully prepaid.

3) CMI Level 8 Diploma in Strategic Direction and Leadership
Much less credits (67???) and hours.

4) UK Level 8 Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety Management System and Practice
I have not found any real information about this.
[-] The following 3 users Like mdn's post:
  • FrHaseKopf, fromthedepths, NotJoeBiden
Capitol Technology University might be a good choice as well. Transfer 42 credits so you only need to take 18 credits. At $950/unit plus some admin fees thats $18,000. They have PhDs, two EdDs, a DSc, and even a DBA. 20% off ($15,000) if your employee uses EdAssist, is the DOD, or you fit their criteria.

Someone on the sister forum was able to transfer credits from their foreign DBA into a doctorate.

https://www.degreeinfo.com/index.php?thr...ity.62329/
-
Joe
(Yesterday, 01:09 AM)NotJoeBiden Wrote: Capitol Technology University might be a good choice as well. Transfer 42 credits so you only need to take 18 credits. At $950/unit plus some admin fees thats $18,000. They have PhDs, two EdDs, a DSc, and even a DBA. 20% off ($15,000) if your employee uses EdAssist, is the DOD, or you fit their criteria.

Someone on the sister forum was able to transfer credits from their foreign DBA into a doctorate.

Yes but in her case , I chekced her DBA syllabus they are actually all courses in research methods , not business courses , so it was easy for CTU to accept all credits for transfer. I don't know how picky CTU is on transfer credits, if they will accept business courses from level 8 diploma for their STEM PhD.  We will find out.
(Yesterday, 10:05 AM)FrHaseKopf Wrote:
(Yesterday, 01:09 AM)NotJoeBiden Wrote: Capitol Technology University might be a good choice as well. Transfer 42 credits so you only need to take 18 credits. At $950/unit plus some admin fees thats $18,000. They have PhDs, two EdDs, a DSc, and even a DBA. 20% off ($15,000) if your employee uses EdAssist, is the DOD, or you fit their criteria.

Yes but in her case , I chekced her DBA syllabus they are actually all courses in research methods , not business courses , so it was easy for CTU to accept all credits for transfer. I don't know how picky CTU is on transfer credits, if they will accept business courses from level 8 diploma for their STEM PhD.  We will find out.

They accept units rather than equivalent courses. In the link I shared, CTU accepted DBA course credits for a doctorate in cybersecurity.
-
Joe