Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level 7 Choices for MBA Top-up
Your Location: Asia (not in the US)  
Your Age: 26  
What kind of degree do you want?: Master's Degree in Business (MBA) through the top-up route, seeking flexibility and affordability.

Current ACE, CLEP, or NCCRS Credits: None  
Any certifications or military experience?: None.  
Budget: Looking for an affordable option, but more concerned about the time required.  
Commitments: I work full-time, around 50-60 hours a week, and wake up early at 6 AM.  
Dedicated time to study: Approximately 10 hours a week.

Hello everyone,

I'm currently planning to advance my career by pursuing a Level 7 Diploma followed by an UK MBA top-up and am considering two options: OTHM and ATHE. I have also looked into NCC's Level 7 Diploma in Business Management (L7DBM), but it does not offer direct online programs anymore, requiring attendance through partner centers worldwide.

Both the OTHM and ATHE diplomas are in Strategic Management and carry 120 credits, which are essential for the MBA top-up. In the UK education system, a master's degree is usually comprised of 180 credits. A Level 7 Diploma is 120 credits, and an MBA top-up program is 60 credits, totaling 180 credits (120 + 60).

One key aspect for me is the balance between work and study. As I am currently working full time, the time cost matters more to me than the program cost. I am looking for a program that is not too intensive and allows a good balance between my professional responsibilities and my studies.

From my research, while both OTHM and ATHE are well-recognized, OTHM seems to have a broader range of associated UK universities for the MBA top-up, which might offer more flexibility in terms of choosing a program that fits my needs. They differ slightly in cost, with OTHM at around £1,000 and ATHE at approximately £1,500.

Since this decision is crucial, I want to ensure I'm not overlooking any potential drawbacks or other factors.

Has anyone here gone through either of these routes or have insights on the reputation and acceptance of these diplomas for MBA top-ups in the UK? Any feedback on the actual process, challenges, workload, or any other considerations would be greatly appreciated.

I have been through this kind of Level x Diploma + Top-up route before and am very pleased with that. Previously, I have done a Level 5 Diploma, then proceeded to a Bachelor with Honours top-up program. I would like to follow the same experience and try at a higher level.

Looking forward to your thoughts and advice!

Thank you!
Finished: University of Derby - Computing & IT Bsc Hons

In progress: OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership

Planning: MBA Top-up
My suggestion is going with three options, CMI, OTHM, or Qualifi as these are the three larger ones that are recognized by OfQual... ATHM, LRN, and other options exists, they work fine as well too... Here's a snippet of my answer from this thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid420219

If you really want to be certain something will transfer over to a specific degree, you can use an example from OTHM... You'll be able to see what is offered, find something similar at ENEB, and try to ladder up to a partner university of choice. Here's the list for OTHM qualifications: https://othm.org.uk/qualification : And the list to their OTHM progressions: https://othm.org.uk/university-progression
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-15-2024, 01:07 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: If you really want to be certain something will transfer over to a specific degree, you can use an example from OTHM... You'll be able to see what is offered, find something similar at ENEB, and try to ladder up to a partner university of choice. Here's the list for OTHM qualifications: https://othm.org.uk/qualification : And the list to their OTHM progressions: https://othm.org.uk/university-progression

Thanks for the reminder. ENEB will be even more affordable.

I believe that if I go to ENEB, I would then have to find an evacuation company to verify that as a Level 7 120 OfQual credit. Then I will use that to apply top up programs. Is my understanding correct?

That's correct, an ECCTIS/ENIC (NARIC UK) evaluation, here's the WIKI: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/ENEB
UK Top Up Masters: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UK...up_Masters
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-16-2024, 01:26 AM)OtterDen Wrote:
(06-15-2024, 01:07 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: If you really want to be certain something will transfer over to a specific degree, you can use an example from OTHM... You'll be able to see what is offered, find something similar at ENEB, and try to ladder up to a partner university of choice. Here's the list for OTHM qualifications: https://othm.org.uk/qualification : And the list to their OTHM progressions: https://othm.org.uk/university-progression

Thanks for the reminder. ENEB will be even more affordable.

I believe that if I go to ENEB, I would then have to find an evacuation company to verify that as a Level 7 120 OfQual credit.  Then I will use that to apply top up programs. Is my understanding correct?

No company will verify it for level 7
And you need to check the UK university also.
(06-16-2024, 10:42 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: That's correct, an ECCTIS/ENIC (NARIC UK) evaluation, here's the WIKI: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/ENEB
UK Top Up Masters: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UK...up_Masters

As always, huge thanks to bjcheung77 for your insights and for sharing those valuable resources.

I have checked the ENEB wiki previously and remain somewhat concerned about using ENEB as a fully equivalent Level 7 Diploma for an MBA top-up. My concerns stem from two main points:

Firstly, it's stated in the ENEB wiki that while "ENEB can be used as a Level 7 diploma for a top-up master's, a favorable ENIC evaluation alone does not guarantee acceptance by a UK MBA Top-up program, as many universities only use the ENIC evaluation as a guideline."

Secondly, I've noticed that the entry requirements for many UK university MBA (top-up) programs specifically list recognized Level 7 Diplomas. Common examples included are OTHM, Qualifi, and ATHE, among others. Here's a typical requirement from one of the programs:

> Minimum 120 Level 7 credits or equivalent in a business or management subject. Examples of such qualifications include:
> - Diploma in Management Studies from a British University
> - Edexcel Extended Diploma in Strategic Management
> - Pearson BTEC Extended Diploma in Management and Leadership
> - Postgraduate Diploma in Business and/or Management related studies
> - NCC Education PG Diploma in Business Management

Given these details, here's what I consider the advantages of each route, which may help others in a similar situation:

Pros of ENEB:
1. Cost-effective: Roughly 300-400 Euros/Pounds, significantly cheaper than traditional UK Level 7 Diplomas. This includes additional costs for diploma papers and related expenses.
2. Community-tested: Many forum members have pursued this route, providing a wealth of shared experiences and transparency about what to expect.

Pros of UK Level 7 Diplomas:
1. Certainty: These qualifications are directly recognized and accepted for top-up programs, eliminating the need for further evaluation. This removes a layer of uncertainty which can potentially save a lot of time.
2. Affordable despite higher costs: While about 200% more expensive than ENEB, the absolute price difference is around 500-600 Euros more, which is manageable for many and considered a worthwhile investment for greater assurance. Additionally, it does not require an evaluation service, saving some time and money as well.

Currently, I'm leaning towards the more certain path, given my circumstances. I'm eager to hear others' experiences or advice.

(06-16-2024, 08:44 PM)armado Wrote:
(06-16-2024, 01:26 AM)OtterDen Wrote: Thanks for the reminder. ENEB will be even more affordable.

I believe that if I go to ENEB, I would then have to find an evacuation company to verify that as a Level 7 120 OfQual credit.  Then I will use that to apply top up programs. Is my understanding correct?

No company will verify it.
And you need to check the UK university also.

I heard that the WES Canada have refused verifying ENEB in recent months. Is that true to other evaluation company as well?

University of Plymouth has a MBA top-up program. They did not explicitly write that they accept OTHM, but they wrote other Level 7 awarding body:

Quote:Minimum 120 Level 7 credits or equivalent in a business or management subject. Examples of such qualifications include:

• a Diploma in Management Studies from a British University

• Edexcel Extended Diploma in Strategy Management

• Pearson BTEC Extended Diploma in Management and Leadership

• Postgraduate Diploma in Business and/or Management related studies

• NCC Education PG Diploma in Business Management

To make sure that OTHM works, I have sent an email to University of Plymouth to ask whether they accept OTHM Level 7. 

Here is the reply from them:

Quote:Thank you for your email to the Enquiries and Admissions Service at the University of Plymouth. It is great to hear that you are interested in studying with us!

I can confirm the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership (RQF) with 120 credits, does meet our entry requirements for this course.

We would encourage you to put in an application with us.

In addition to the OTHM and other awarding body mentioned previously, another route would be the CMI Level 7 Diploma.

The cost for Level 7 (120 credit) from different awarding bodies is about the same. It is about 1000 British pounds ± 20%.

Quote:You'll be able to see what is offered, find something similar at ENEB, and try to ladder up to a partner university of choice.

I have checked the course syllabus of ENEB. I find it quite useful to my job as well.

I have just bought from Groupon for an MBA and a master combo. The price is affordable, Euro €245 (~USD$262 as the time of writing) for two "degree". Groupon automatically refunded the voucher and cancelled my order. Not sure why.

I will not use ENEB primarily for credit transfer usage, but more gearing as my personal learning source.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Uk MSc Cybersecurity with Level 7 Diploma nikithewise 2 258 08-11-2024, 04:45 PM
Last Post: nikithewise
  Journey - UK Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership OtterDen 12 1,425 08-05-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  UK Level 7 Diploma OTHM Diploma in Data Science Imbanewbie 1 390 06-25-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  WES US evaluation SQA Level 11 doyouhowdo1 2 406 03-29-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: doyouhowdo1
  Spanish Titulo Propio & UK Level 7/8 Qualification Framework bjcheung77 21 7,614 03-18-2024, 04:27 PM
  Legit UK Level 7 and Level 8 Diplomas armstrongsubero 3 1,101 03-12-2024, 10:21 AM
  UK Level 7/8 Diploma Questions bennyoftheD 22 4,763 03-10-2024, 02:20 AM
  ENEB MBA/Master + OTHM level 8 Postgraduate | Combination Evaluation ecdw94 4 1,411 02-28-2024, 11:05 PM
Last Post: lincolnlawyer
  Masters level credits from Sophia and others? jb111 24 2,824 02-09-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
  Masters-level CBE programs EverSpinning 5 2,051 10-11-2023, 08:21 PM