Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Least Expensive Degree?
If I had it to do over the CSU Pueblo option might just win me over. All my experiences with them were stellar, they have a decent CLEP policy too, considering the guy will transfer 60 AA/AS credits in at least.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
CSU Pueblo is very affordable. Had I known about them earlier, I definitely would have attended. For those looking for some very affordable online undergraduate courses check out the (University of Idaho). Independent Study in Idaho-University of Idaho
I took several upper level courses there and loved it. The courses are given through correspondence. $325.00 per course.
I have a good friend who did their PharmD program a few years ago and liked it.

pdc Wrote:CSU Pueblo is very affordable. Had I known about them earlier, I definitely would have attended. For those looking for some very affordable online undergraduate courses check out the (University of Idaho). Independent Study in Idaho-University of Idaho
I took several upper level courses there and loved it. The courses are given through correspondence. $325.00 per course.
Tara

I'm done!Smile Thanks to InstantCert, Study.com, ALEKS, CLEP and a LOT of work on my part and a lot of support from hubby and family. If I can do it, so can you! 

Degrees:
Thomas Edison State College (TESC) - Bachelor of Science Nursing; RN, BSN (Graduated in the top of 1/4 of class with Sigma Theta Tau honors)
+ 3 courses completed towards MSN.
Excelsior College (EC) - Associates in Applied Science (passed NCLEX- RN exam and became a Registered Nurse)

The test's Passed (CLEP'S, DSST's, ALEK's, etc.):
Credits/Course
3          Introduction to Sociology
3          Lifespan and Developmental Psychology
3          Humanities (64)
3          History of the United States I (60)
3          History of the United States II (65)
3          American Government (54)
6          Biology (58)
6          Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (67)
3          Principals of Management (72)
3          ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra
3          CLEP Intro to Psych
3          ALEKS: Statistics

YOU CAN DO IT!!![Image: smile.png]
rebel100 Wrote:CSU Pueblo online,

What state is he in?

Rebel, I'm trying to find CSU Pueblo online with low credit hour fees, any pointers to the particular page that details how online at CSU Pueblo is inexpensive. I can't seem to find an online course for less than a thousand dollars.
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,
EI2HCB Wrote:Rebel, I'm trying to find CSU Pueblo online with low credit hour fees, any pointers to the particular page that details how online at CSU Pueblo is inexpensive. I can't seem to find an online course for less than a thousand dollars.

Division of Continuing Education/Independent Study Schedule of Courses, then see courses listed by subject on the left-hand side.
Thanks, Next question has anyone recently used any of these courses at Excelsior for a Business degree. If so did CSU count CLEPs as meeting the prerequisites and what was the transfer process to EC?
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,
EI2HCB Wrote:Thanks, Next question has anyone recently used any of these courses at Excelsior for a Business degree. If so did CSU count CLEPs as meeting the prerequisites and what was the transfer process to EC?
There were pre-reqs for a couple of courses I took...but I just registered and was never asked about any of it. CSU-P does accept some CLEP. They will send out a transcript each time you complete a course or when you complete all your couses...I think it was $10 or so.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree plan help RajSingh 9 396 09-12-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: RajSingh
  OSU Post-Bacc BSCS degree name about to change sialiblo 8 1,462 09-11-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: elytrarowlock
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 339 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 32 8,695 08-29-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Already a software engineer, degree worth it? mahaganapati 40 6,169 08-16-2024, 03:32 AM
Last Post: Leojames26
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,343 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Affordable Math degree for non-US (international) citizen OtterDen 22 1,570 07-17-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  Online Electrical Engineering Degree OtterDen 5 738 07-09-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  U.S. Department of Education considers a degree as a high school equivalency ArshveerCheema 15 1,882 05-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Teen walks at graduation after completing doctoral degree at 17 lisarox 9 852 05-17-2024, 11:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy