Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LawShelf.com Discussion
I didn't realize I had taken a course with them in feb. The course when I took it only offered a digital badge and I used that for my PLA portfolio lol. Now I think I'm gonna try to do the final exam to get credit to try everything out.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 2 users Like ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • rachel83az, Vle045
Cool, let us know how it goes!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I took the final exam today for Basics of Environmental Law. I set up the voice print 2 days ago, it tells you it'll take 24 hours for it to register, but about an hour or so it was approved. The process was super easy, the exam was 50 questions openbook and you get 2 hours on it. I wanted to see how much I remembered from last year, so I did it closed book, about half way through, the exam asked me to read a passage to confirm voice. I passed the exam and I am awaiting on the voice evaluation from the passage I read during the exam. Overall I think I like the voice print thing a lot.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 3 users Like ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • Pikachu, rachel83az, Vle045
Wow, that's a different type of voice print/proctoring. Is there no webcam? It seems like a similar option to Sophia.org but NCCRS and uses voice biometrics vs typing and IP address logging...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-04-2022, 04:15 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Wow, that's a different type of voice print/proctoring. Is there no webcam? It seems like a similar option to Sophia.org but NCCRS and uses voice biometrics vs typing and IP address logging...
The only time webcam is used is when you're setting up your voice print you have to take a picture of your i.d. and the camera is on for the voice print.

(02-04-2022, 04:37 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 04:15 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Wow, that's a different type of voice print/proctoring.  Is there no webcam?  It seems like a similar option to Sophia.org but NCCRS and uses voice biometrics vs typing and IP address logging...
The only time webcam is used is when you're setting up your voice print you have to take a picture of your i.d. and the camera is on for the voice print.

Keep in mind, as @shaas pointed out earlier in the thread, the VoiceProctor service is only usable for open-book tests. That's why it doesn't care about webcam.
(02-04-2022, 08:53 PM)studyingfortests Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 04:37 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 04:15 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Wow, that's a different type of voice print/proctoring.  Is there no webcam?  It seems like a similar option to Sophia.org but NCCRS and uses voice biometrics vs typing and IP address logging...

Keep in mind, as @shaas pointed out earlier in the thread, the VoiceProctor service is only usable for open-book tests. That's why it doesn't care about webcam.
That is true. Looking at the courses it looks like all of them are openbook.

(02-02-2022, 07:05 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: I  took the final exam today for Basics of Environmental Law. I set up the voice print 2 days ago, it tells you it'll take 24 hours for it to register, but about an hour or so it was approved.  The process was super easy, the exam was 50 questions openbook and you get 2 hours on it. I wanted to see how much I remembered from last year, so I did it closed book, about half way through, the exam asked me to read a passage to confirm voice. I passed the exam and I am awaiting on the voice evaluation from the passage I read during the exam. Overall I think I like the voice print thing a lot.

=== I passed the exam and I am awaiting on the voice evaluation from the passage===

I just want to point out that you don't need to await confirmation of a voiceprint match. We will notify the user if there is a problem. Without notification from us that there was a problem or mismatch, you can assume everything is copacetic.
For everyone's information, a student reported success in transferring multiple LawShelf courses to University of Maryland Global Campus.

If anyone has any similar success (or failures, for that matter) using LS courses, please let me know as we're trying to build a list of schools that we know will take LS courses.

Excelsior says they'll take LS courses (as we knew they would) but we're still working on getting an equivalency chart. We're also in discussions with TESU, COSC and some others, but these things take time. In the interim, if anyone knows of a successful transfer or if you're running into any issues (that we might be able to help with), please let me know.

Thanks!
[-] The following 4 users Like shaas's post:
  • Pikachu, ROYISAGIRL, sanantone, studyingfortests
That's great, most of the courses are interesting, but only a handful of colleges/universities that take NCCRS are known to us. It would be great that you're expanding the list of colleges/universities so we can further find out what other options there are besides just the Big 3, and the CBE providers. Thanks for letting us know UMGC takes NCCRS!
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LawShelf = Arts & Sciences ??? NBM123 6 1,304 10-18-2022, 10:28 PM
Last Post: alsimko
  Discussion - Study.com difference between practice tests and actual exam gremlinbrawler 14 5,515 12-26-2016, 04:45 PM
Last Post: rowan555
  Study.com holiday discussion yb1 2 1,100 11-30-2016, 10:39 PM
Last Post: yb1