Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just finished Straighterlines United States History
Very good course. I was anticipating this course for a few months, they released it about two or three days ago. Finished in two days. It's 6 exams with a mid-term and final. Exams have about 40 questions a piece in them and midterm and final 80. I suggest you get the book, however some of these questions we're a breeze if you know your History well. If you have any questions on any Straighterline course you can ask me I took majority of them.

Certification (ACA) University of Central Florida
B.A. (Social Sciences) Thomas Edison State University
Sweet! How many credits was the course worth?
[SIZE="3"][SIZE="5"]Drew the Dude[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot

CLEP/DSST Exams Passed:
-Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
-American Government
-Information Systems & Computer Applications
-College Composition Modular
-Social Sciences & History
-Humanities
-College Spanish I
-Principles of Macroeconomics
-Environment & Humanity

Master's in Legislative Affairs
George Washington University, 2013

Graduate Certificate, Public Policy
Liberty University, 2012

BA, Political Science
TESC, 2012

AAS, Intelligence Operations
Cochise College, 2011
1. ACE reviewed I assume?

2. I see lots of people say completed in 2 days, 1 week, 2 weeks, etc. What I don't often see is how many actual hours of work put in? 2 days 10 hours per day is different from 2 days 2 hours per day. Smile

Thanks.
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
Yes the course is three credits. ACE reviewed I believed ACE hasn't updated it yet but Straighterline confirmed to me that it should be updated very soon on ACE's website.

Well I work 40 hours a week. In those two days I completed the course I would have to say I spent about 5-6 hours a day.

But I believe the average time is about a month per course, I'm crazy I try to get it done the first couple of days. Don't attempt that haha.

Hi Ace King-

New to the site--Just got the book for SL US History. Does the course cover the whole book?
Ace_King Wrote:But I believe the average time is about a month per course, I'm crazy I try to get it done the first couple of days. Don't attempt that haha.

Actually I'm about to try a similar thing with a class through TESC. Smile I need to take a 3 month class and study for 2-3 CLEPs in the same time, so I plan to spend the first few weeks basically doing all of my coursework as much as possible so I can then switch over to studying for the CLEPs. Have a midterm but other than that it's all essays. To that end I picked up a REA quick review book and will also read the textbook's online companion site before I even get the textbook so I have a head start on the concepts. I want to grind out the essay drafts as quickly as possible then shift focus rather than trying to do it all concurrently. We'll see how it goes.

Good info on the Straighterline course workload. Don't see that often. Thanks.
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
Ace_King Wrote:Very good course. I was anticipating this course for a few months, they released it about two or three days ago. Finished in two days. It's 6 exams with a mid-term and final. Exams have about 40 questions a piece in them and midterm and final 80. I suggest you get the book, however some of these questions we're a breeze if you know your History well. If you have any questions on any Straighterline course you can ask me I took majority of them.

I will be starting the American History course with Straighterline, are their any studying techniques or advice that you have? I really want to obtain an excellent grade. I appreciate your help and understanding. Thank you and God bless you.
student5 Wrote:I will be starting the American History course with Straighterline, are their any studying techniques or advice that you have? I really want to obtain an excellent grade. I appreciate your help and understanding. Thank you and God bless you.

most common tip on these is....buy the book. Typically the questions come directly from the text (though I haven't taken this one).
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Never do a straighterline course without the book. Always read the book first before taking the tests. Remember that your job as a student is to learn, not to just pass classes as fast as possible. That being said, I finished accounting I in about a week with 30 hours of work after having read a basic accounting book cover to cover two weeks before.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Master of Letters in History dewisant 4 509 06-28-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Gandhi-King Global Academy - United States Institute of Peace Charles Fout 3 442 06-13-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: villagetunic
  Help with Coopersmith's (PSY-304) History and Systems of Psychology Ben2020 14 3,146 04-11-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Msecool123
  I want Modern States to be in every student’s wheelhouse bjcheung77 0 521 09-28-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,269 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Modern States: At 60... & ICYMI... bjcheung77 2 556 08-28-2023, 11:24 AM
  50 States - Average cost of college 2023 bjcheung77 1 532 08-16-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  History of Degree Awarding Tomes MichaelGates 2 620 07-06-2023, 06:15 PM
  Legacy Admissions with Anti-Semitic History Challenged sanantone 2 644 07-04-2023, 12:53 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  JD & Masters History - 22 year old bjcheung77 0 569 04-24-2023, 12:13 PM