Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jhappy - Excelsior Degree Plan
Hello everyone I am looking for some help or some type of roadmap if anyone knows of one of the best way to transfer in credits to Excelsior University. I am looking to get my degree in EET from them and want to know if I can use the typical Sophia and study.org to transfer in all of the credits needed. Any information or advice is appreciated thank you.

What kind of degree do you want?: Bachelors in Engineering
Budget: Under 10k
Commitments: Working Full time but quitting my job in 2 months
Dedicated time to study: 2-4 hours/day
Timeline: 1 year - 2 years
Tuition assistance/reimbursement: None
Current Regional Accredited Credits:
Any certifications or military experience? No

I have complete calculus 1 and Intro to nutrition with Sophia.org
Is there any degree plans for Excelsior University's Electrical Engineering Technology degree? I have been searching but no luck. If not how can I go about making my own.
@Jhappy, Welcome to the board, it's great that you've done a quick addendum and template (even though it's compact and concise, it has most of the info). For all Excelsior degrees, you need to do some homework, it's relatively easy to get a degree plan in place by looking at their catalog and also the transfers from Sophia.org and Study.com also other ACE/NCCRS providers such as LawShelf.com, you need a spreadsheet of the requirements and the corresponding classes that are transferable from each of these alternative credit providers. You just take classes at Excelsior that can't be transferred in, that's all there is to it!
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Here is the main EU Wiki page - https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Ex...University

The engineering degrees cannot be as easily completed with alternative credits because there aren't many, if any, of the AOS credits available. However, you can definitely reduce costs and time with transferring in the max number of credits with the methods discussed here. Once you lay out a spreadsheet you can post it here and we can give it a look over to see if you've missed anything, or make suggestions to improve it (for cost/time/etc). Not sure if you've considered the TESU version BS Electronics Systems Engineering Technology, but here is the link for it - https://www.tesu.edu/ast/programs/bs/ele...technology (and since you'll need courses through a school vs alternative, the lack of your existing RA credits would not be a factor for your major). TESU if often easier to map out than EU
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

That's what I would do as well, create a spreadsheet for both the Excelsior and TESU program as they're very similar Engineering Technology programs, both actually have ABET as well. Having said that, they're not really "Engineering" as they're Engineering Technology. Nonetheless, if that's what you're looking for, you can create a spreadsheet and have them side by side, showing requirements and where to take them. You can then take the Sophia.org, Study.com, and any other ACE/NCCRS that are acceptable for general education, electives, and anything in the major... You can then complete the final requirements by either transfer from another institution or complete them at either institution when that time comes. You'll be 60-90 credits into the degree and can switch to either of them or another institution altogether if needed...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Master's Degree Options dm.hans32 3 247 8 minutes ago
Last Post: spohara
Question Request for Advice on Selecting a University for My Bachelor's Degree Evoluvin 6 189 1 hour ago
Last Post: davewill
  Degree planning advice needed, all opinions welcome Lucidus 5 249 09-20-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Lucidus
  Bachelors Degree Planning Guidance intergalacticyam 6 237 09-19-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Bachelor Degree Help envirodude 2 199 09-18-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 10 537 09-17-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  Hello Everyone, How Does My Degree Plan Look? karlvon 4 287 09-14-2024, 10:12 PM
Last Post: karlvon
  recommendation for fastest bachelor degree? BrendaB 4 298 09-13-2024, 08:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree plan wanted for UK student (CS) FungiTao 1 147 09-13-2024, 07:42 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU BA Math and CS Degree Planning thornytumbleweed 9 408 09-13-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: MrPanda