Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Italian guy looking for US Bachelor Degree
Hi everyone,

As in the subject, I live in Italy (so I'm sorry for any error while writing in EN) and right now I'm looking for a US Bachelor Degree, as here in Italy I couldn't find a way to reasonably speed-up the time required for the degree.
Also, I have a GED and not a High School Diploma (long story).

Right now I'm a single full-time worker, so my schedule is mostly free.

These are the info I can provide:

Your Location: Italy (near Milan)
Your Age: 37
What kind of degree do you want?: Bachelor Degree in Computer Science (was looking for TESU)
Current Regional Accredited Credits: 0

Current ACE, CLEP, or NCCRS Credits: 0 (can't take CLEP in Italy)

Budget: Saved up around $5000 and can save up more during the year (let's say I can save up $10000)
Commitments: 2-3 hours in the evening of week and double that in weekends. Also, right now in my current job there's no much to do so I MIGHT even study up to 10 hours/day under right circumstances (but let's say 2-3 to be more realistic). So it's around 30 hours/week.
Timeline: I would like to complete this under 12 months.
Tuition assistance/reimbursement: None
It's a good idea to start with the overview:
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Th...University

The TESU degree plans are available at the link below - it's a good idea to apply and get enrolled, to lock in the catalog:
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:TESU

With TESU, it is a good idea to start with the general education requirements, which can be fulfilled primarily with Sophia and then followed up with study dot com for the remaining gen-ed and most of the major requirements. For the quantitative requirement, you likely want to do the CSM Learn course.

TESU requires 30 RA credits. Since you are starting from scratch, you could do 5 TECEPs (some of the easiest TECEP exams are for general education), do 90+ credits via Sophia/Study/CSMLearn etc, then wrap it up with a 15-credit semester to take advantage of the flat-rate tuition.

You can also check whether you want to add any of the freebie certificates and/or associates (e.g. math is very simple to add when you are doing CS).

Best of luck!

You will also want to review the application requirements for international students:
https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/apply-in...al-student
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
[-] The following 1 user Likes jg_nuy's post:
  • Zaknir
(10-03-2024, 04:51 PM)jg_nuy Wrote: It's a good idea to start with the overview:
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Th...University

The TESU degree plans are available at the link below - it's a good idea to apply and get enrolled, to lock in the catalog:
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:TESU

With TESU, it is a good idea to start with the general education requirements, which can be fulfilled primarily with Sophia and then followed up with study dot com for the remaining gen-ed and most of the major requirements. For the quantitative requirement, you likely want to do the CSM Learn course.

TESU requires 30 RA credits. Since you are starting from scratch, you could do 5 TECEPs (some of the easiest TECEP exams are for general education), do 90+ credits via Sophia/Study/CSMLearn etc, then wrap it up with a 15-credit semester to take advantage of the flat-rate tuition.

You can also check whether you want to add any of the freebie certificates and/or associates (e.g. math is very simple to add when you are doing CS).

Best of luck!

You will also want to review the application requirements for international students:
https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/apply-in...al-student

Thanks jg_nuy for the answer, I'll start by doing all the Gen-Ed course on Sophia hoping to take them all in the first month and then I'll check for the more specific subjects.

I just discovered that I'll need TOEFL or other mode to demonstrate my understanding of English so I'll check for that issue too.
Welcome to the board, Yes... I also recommend Sohpia.org as a first step, start by accumulating credits for the TESU BACS using them as your lower level credit options, then ladder up to Study.com using the link in my bio or signature. You should also keep your options open, you can review SNHU as they also have a Comp Sci degree, see if those classes look like a better fit or not. TESU would be my recommendation, SNHU would be the back up option for now...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • reganprohaska
(10-07-2024, 11:29 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Welcome to the board, Yes... I also recommend Sohpia.org as a first step, start by accumulating credits for the TESU BACS using them as your lower level credit options, then ladder up to Study.com using the link in my bio or signature.  You should also keep your options open, you can review SNHU as they also have a Comp Sci degree, see if those classes look like a better fit or not.  TESU would be my recommendation, SNHU would be the back up option for now...

Thanks for your reply, I've began with Sophia.org and I'll try to squeeze out the most from them.

Is there an updated list of Sophia.org courses that can transfer to TESU? From their website there's no official list so I would prefer not risk wasting time and energy on coruses that are not useful for my plan.

Right now my first backup idea would be Purdue Global after TESU, I've heard good things about SNHU too but I'll have to check more deeply about them.
Thanks, bjcheung77 i also need this information
I wish to add the poster should seriously do the ACTFL exam for Italian. They are most certainly ace the spoken exam. 12 ACE credits for 165 USD. The exam takes around 40 minutes and the grade is uploaded to Credly 3-5 days later.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Avidreader's post:
  • ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please help for degree planning zyczycccc 0 36 6 hours ago
Last Post: zyczycccc
  Please help for degree planning Rabbitbunny 7 163 9 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Master's Degree Options dm.hans32 8 731 Yesterday, 02:54 PM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  TESU BA Math and CS Degree Planning thornytumbleweed 12 896 Yesterday, 12:31 PM
Last Post: thornytumbleweed
  UMPI BABA Degree Plan Heeler_Bandit_12OclockLow 4 277 10-14-2024, 01:04 AM
  TESU Liberal Arts Degree; What Study courses to take waterv1 5 277 10-13-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Lurker Canadian Gal Looking for A Degree blessedjozefina 4 230 10-08-2024, 11:11 PM
  Help with degree planning nuit001 2 221 10-07-2024, 11:21 PM
  List of schools that will waive Gen Ed for second bachelor's degree seekers azmusic 4 723 10-07-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: azmusic
  Degree Help Industrial Engineering Liteweight13 5 401 10-02-2024, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Liteweight13