Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inspired by my kid sister
Howdy Folks, My kid sister is on her way to her PhD this year. I couldnt be more proud. And inspired. So I'm taking another stab at school since I've got time and money to blow. Looking for some direction in my planning. Here goes the relevant:

What kind of degree do you want?: I feel like “Business” is the easiest anywhere and I’m fine with that to just get it over with. If it’s a matter of personal choice, I love philosophy and world religions. The stack that makes the most sense to me (ambitiously) is Human Resources + Data Analytics but WGU seems costlier than I care to spend given my preferred timeline and cash flow (but I’d consider it since it would be the better achievement FOR ME)

Hudson County CC: 15
ENG 101, College Comp 1, 3, B+
ENG 112, Speech, 3, A
CSC 100, Intro to Comp & Computing, 3, B
ART 103, 2D Design, 3, A
ART 106, Drawing I, 3, C

Sophia: 31
Conflict Resolution
Intro to Business
Art History I
US History I
Macroeconomics
Microeconomics
Business Law
Workplace Communication
Environmental Science
Human Bio + Lab 
Spanish I
Accounting

Study.com: 13
Personal Finance 
Digital Marketing & Advertising
Intro to World Religions
Principles of Marketing
Intro to Sociology

ALEK:
College Algebra
Intro to Statistics

The Institute:
I took that free online ethics course but they said there is no Credly badge for this course.

Any certifications or military experience? I have Comptia Sec+ certification
***: Looking to get the BOG AAS to start the snowball (for motivation sake) 
but I could totally live without it if I can secure a BS in the next 6-12 months. 
My ultimate goal is a Masters in 12-18 months. 

Budget: I have 5k cash to blow right this minute. 
Commitments: Few. I work 3 days a week and have no kids.
Dedicated time to study: about 40 hours/week 
Timeline: ASAP 12-18 months
Tuition assistance/reimbursement: Nope
Great addendum and template post with updated info! I think you're pretty much setup for the Pierpont BOG AAS, then ladder that to the UMPI BAS with a PM & IS double minor, plus the 4 classes that go towards the MAOL, if you complete the 10 required classes in 1 session, it'll just be $1500.  

With that time of 40 hours a week, you should be in great shape to get this done, you can then continue with the UMPI MAOL as you would only need 9 more classes until you complete that, pricing will go up from $2150 to $2350 I think, but if you can again complete it within one session, you're golden...  

Here's a thread with the plan basics in post #3: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...on-to-MOAL  ...  Here's another for deadline to apply to UMPI in post #6 and send transcripts, apply early and send those transcripts as well: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-CFP-Marks
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
You seem like the creative type, which may mean that UMPI's Business Administration program with a marketing concentration could suit you best. Marketing also offers many work-from-home opportunities, both through employers and self-employment.

At UMPI, you can also explore other passions, such as philosophy, by taking them as minors.  (Up to 3 minors)

Philosophy Minor (Recommended to take Ancient Greek Philosophers before taking Ethics on Sophia)
http://catalog.umpi.edu/preview_program....turnto=225

And as a side note, you would have some bragging rights as the first Philosophy Minor on this forum.

The BOG AAS with an IT concentration is a good place to start.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • allvia
(05-25-2024, 10:25 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Great addendum and template post with updated info! I think you're pretty much setup for the Pierpont BOG AAS, then ladder that to the UMPI BAS with a PM & IS double minor, plus the 4 classes that go towards the MAOL, if you complete the 10 required classes in 1 session, it'll just be $1500.  

With that time of 40 hours a week, you should be in great shape to get this done, you can then continue with the UMPI MAOL as you would only need 9 more classes until you complete that, pricing will go up from $2150 to $2350 I think, but if you can again complete it within one session, you're golden...  

Here's a thread with the plan basics in post #3: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...on-to-MOAL  ...  Here's another for deadline to apply to UMPI in post #6 and send transcripts, apply early and send those transcripts as well: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-CFP-Marks

I'm ambitious and this gives me so much hope and motivation. Thanks so muuuuuuuch. Heart
If you just want to add some buffer credits, and more experience in business and IT overall, the Google BI coursera certificate is interesting and worth a few credits most places. The other Google credits are always a good option, the IT prof one in particular is worth around 15 credits for most colleges based on ACE recommendations.

I would recommend you start the process for the Pierpont BOG AAS as soon as possible. I've gotten some mixed information about it, but my experience with it is that the process has been moving extremely slowly and the soon you start, the better

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I found this Forum and am now Inspired to get a Bachelors, Please Advise! nicecoolego 12 1,581 12-03-2023, 12:20 AM
Last Post: nicecoolego
  My sister wants an ITish degree MrPanda 17 2,246 08-24-2023, 06:36 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Helping my sister, have a few questions jubejuju 2 750 01-29-2021, 05:56 PM
Last Post: dfrecore