Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inappropriate Behavior from Moderator
Is it appropriate for a moderator to post politically divisive baiting and trolling content every day? When someone calls him out on it, is it okay for him to delete complaints so no one will see them? Maybe I should directly message the administrators of this forum.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 6 users Like sanantone's post:
  • allvia, davewill, jch, MNomadic, ss20ts, TINASAM
(04-20-2024, 10:28 PM)sanantone Wrote: Is it appropriate for a moderator to post politically divisive baiting and trolling content every day? When someone calls him out on it, is it okay for him to delete complaints so no one will see them? Maybe I should directly message the administrators of this forum.

Political threads are allowed. The question is, should we have less political threads or no political threads?
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(04-20-2024, 10:31 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(04-20-2024, 10:28 PM)sanantone Wrote: Is it appropriate for a moderator to post politically divisive baiting and trolling content every day? When someone calls him out on it, is it okay for him to delete complaints so no one will see them? Maybe I should directly message the administrators of this forum.

Political threads are allowed. The question is, should we have less political threads or no political threads?

This isn't for you to address. You removed the posts from tax professionals and allowed a guy to continue to promote tax fraud.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
(04-20-2024, 10:39 PM)sanantone Wrote:
(04-20-2024, 10:31 PM)LevelUP Wrote:

This isn't for you to address. You removed the posts from tax professionals and allowed a guy to continue to promote tax fraud.

Yes, I remember that thread. That guy said a lot of sketchy things. I did try to delete most of the tax fraud stuff and closed that thread to prevent him from posting more stuff. 

I'm not perfect, though. If anyone sees a post that promotes fraud, cheating, etc., report it.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
I don't think it's appropriate, either. If he wasn't a "Super Moderator," I would have blocked his posts long ago.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 4 users Like davewill's post:
  • allvia, sanantone, ss20ts, TINASAM

First - THANK YOU! to the moderators and all involved who keep this forum operating.

Second -[I honestly don't know] I don't think a moderator's participation in the conversation should be more restricted than any other member's. 

At the end of the day - I participate in these boards for the conversation. Perhaps the person to whom you refer is only attempting to initiate conversation. Have dissenting posts been removed?
Chief Petty Officer
United States Navy (Retired)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Charles Fout's post:
  • LevelUP
(04-21-2024, 10:56 AM)Charles Fout Wrote:

First - THANK YOU! to the moderators and all involved who keep this forum operating.

Second -[I honestly don't know] I don't think a moderator's participation in the conversation should be more restricted than any other member's. 

At the end of the day - I participate in these boards for the conversation. Perhaps the person to whom you refer is only attempting to initiate conversation. Have dissenting posts been removed?

More restricted? Others aren't posting baiting and trolling threads daily. He deleted the thread he created last night, so it can't be referenced. Did he eventually realize that it was inappropriate?
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • rachel83az
I don't frequent this site anymore because of the abundance of click bait titled political trash posts that litter the forum. That's not the content I'm interested in and rarely feel compelled to interact here. Just sharing my thoughts. Don't care if people disagree with me.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 4 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • GizmoJack, rachel83az, ss20ts, TINASAM
LevelUP, too many political threads you start read like they’re written to an audience of insiders in your own political and cultural scene.

Your fellow scene members will recognize the same personalities and storylines (whereas few degreeforum readers will), and will cheer on the same outcomes like the libs being owned (whereas many degreeforum readers will be libs, and many even if neutral or conservative will disagree that the meme or the link you posted succeeded in owning the libs, and many will be too confused by the inside references to have gotten this far).

I feel most readers’ reaction to the average LevelUP political thread is like Walter White at the diner asking “Jesse, what the hell are you talking about?”
[-] The following 5 users Like Jonathan Whatley's post:
  • LevelUP, MNomadic, rachel83az, ss20ts, TINASAM
It's highly irritating to be honest, people don't come here for that.
Completed:
UMPI: BA Criminal Justice
Pierpont: AAS BOG w/ Emphasis in Information Systems
Sophia: 24 Courses - The CSM Course - ASU: CIS 194 Business Technology Fundamentals
Coursera: Google IT, Google Data Analytics, Google Digital Marketing, IBM Cybersecurity Analyst
[-] The following 5 users Like slaterjack's post:
  • GizmoJack, MNomadic, rachel83az, ss20ts, TINASAM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Welcome to our New Moderator, Merlin! sgloer 21 3,440 12-09-2018, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Toastmaster
  Intolerance and Ignorant Behavior mrs.b 14 1,723 11-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Last Post: mrs.b