Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Inappropriate Behavior from Moderator - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Miscellaneous)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Off-Topic)
+--- Thread: Inappropriate Behavior from Moderator (/Thread-Inappropriate-Behavior-from-Moderator)

Pages: 1 2

Inappropriate Behavior from Moderator - sanantone - 04-20-2024

Is it appropriate for a moderator to post politically divisive baiting and trolling content every day? When someone calls him out on it, is it okay for him to delete complaints so no one will see them? Maybe I should directly message the administrators of this forum.

RE: Inappropriate Behavior from Moderator - LevelUP - 04-20-2024

(04-20-2024, 10:28 PM)sanantone Wrote: Is it appropriate for a moderator to post politically divisive baiting and trolling content every day? When someone calls him out on it, is it okay for him to delete complaints so no one will see them? Maybe I should directly message the administrators of this forum.

Political threads are allowed. The question is, should we have less political threads or no political threads?

RE: Inappropriate Behavior from Moderator - sanantone - 04-20-2024

(04-20-2024, 10:31 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(04-20-2024, 10:28 PM)sanantone Wrote: Is it appropriate for a moderator to post politically divisive baiting and trolling content every day? When someone calls him out on it, is it okay for him to delete complaints so no one will see them? Maybe I should directly message the administrators of this forum.

Political threads are allowed. The question is, should we have less political threads or no political threads?

This isn't for you to address. You removed the posts from tax professionals and allowed a guy to continue to promote tax fraud.

RE: Inappropriate Behavior from Moderator - LevelUP - 04-20-2024

(04-20-2024, 10:39 PM)sanantone Wrote:
(04-20-2024, 10:31 PM)LevelUP Wrote:

This isn't for you to address. You removed the posts from tax professionals and allowed a guy to continue to promote tax fraud.

Yes, I remember that thread. That guy said a lot of sketchy things. I did try to delete most of the tax fraud stuff and closed that thread to prevent him from posting more stuff. 

I'm not perfect, though. If anyone sees a post that promotes fraud, cheating, etc., report it.

RE: Inappropriate Behavior from Moderator - davewill - 04-20-2024

I don't think it's appropriate, either. If he wasn't a "Super Moderator," I would have blocked his posts long ago.

RE: Inappropriate Behavior from Moderator - Charles Fout - 04-21-2024

First - THANK YOU! to the moderators and all involved who keep this forum operating.

Second -[I honestly don't know] I don't think a moderator's participation in the conversation should be more restricted than any other member's. 

At the end of the day - I participate in these boards for the conversation. Perhaps the person to whom you refer is only attempting to initiate conversation. Have dissenting posts been removed?

RE: Inappropriate Behavior from Moderator - sanantone - 04-21-2024

(04-21-2024, 10:56 AM)Charles Fout Wrote:

First - THANK YOU! to the moderators and all involved who keep this forum operating.

Second -[I honestly don't know] I don't think a moderator's participation in the conversation should be more restricted than any other member's. 

At the end of the day - I participate in these boards for the conversation. Perhaps the person to whom you refer is only attempting to initiate conversation. Have dissenting posts been removed?

More restricted? Others aren't posting baiting and trolling threads daily. He deleted the thread he created last night, so it can't be referenced. Did he eventually realize that it was inappropriate?

RE: Inappropriate Behavior from Moderator - MNomadic - 04-21-2024

I don't frequent this site anymore because of the abundance of click bait titled political trash posts that litter the forum. That's not the content I'm interested in and rarely feel compelled to interact here. Just sharing my thoughts. Don't care if people disagree with me.

RE: Inappropriate Behavior from Moderator - Jonathan Whatley - 04-21-2024

LevelUP, too many political threads you start read like they’re written to an audience of insiders in your own political and cultural scene.

Your fellow scene members will recognize the same personalities and storylines (whereas few degreeforum readers will), and will cheer on the same outcomes like the libs being owned (whereas many degreeforum readers will be libs, and many even if neutral or conservative will disagree that the meme or the link you posted succeeded in owning the libs, and many will be too confused by the inside references to have gotten this far).

I feel most readers’ reaction to the average LevelUP political thread is like Walter White at the diner asking “Jesse, what the hell are you talking about?”

RE: Inappropriate Behavior from Moderator - slaterjack - 04-21-2024

It's highly irritating to be honest, people don't come here for that.