Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penn Foster Waiting Time
Does anyone know how long it typically takes between signing up for a PF class and getting the log in information? I spoke with Mary Beth at PF last week; I thought she said I'd get the login info via e-mail the next day and the books by Wed next week but I haven't received an e-mail yet. I spoke to her while I was at work so I was trying to hurry through the call so I may have heard wrong. I'm terribly impatient; I took at TECEP a week ago and I check online several times a day to see if it's been graded, even though I know it will likely take a few weeks!

Thanks!

Ann
Ann

January, 2009: Northeastern University, AS, Human Resources!

Tests Passed:
Labor Relations ECE: B
HR Management, ECE: B
Principles of Marketing CLEP: 67
Introductory Business Law CLEP: 68
Information Systems CLEP: 59
English Comp w/Essay CLEP: 60
Introductory Psychology CLEP: 61
Macroeconomics Clep: 54
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP: 72
College Math CLEP: 55
Here's to Your Health DSST: 426
Technical Writing DSST: 61
Business Ethics DSST: 444
Business Policy TECEP: Passed!
American Literature: 58
Principles of Supervision DSST: 456
Principles of Statistics DSST: 420

FEMA Courses Passed: 8

Penn Foster:
Business and Technical Writing: Done!
Art Appreciation: Done!

Straighterline:
Microeconomics: 72
Accounting 2: 73
US History: 83
Introductory Biology for Non-Majors: 79
akeefe3133 Wrote:Does anyone know how long it typically takes between signing up for a PF class and getting the log in information? I'm terribly impatient; I took at TECEP a week ago and I check online several times a day to see if it's been graded, even though I know it will likely take a few weeks!

Thanks!

Ann

Hi Ann,
Usually PF is pretty quick - within a couple of days for the email login. It does take a little longer to get the books in the mail than you would think. I just finished Info Lit with them and got the email quickly and just sat around waiting for the books which took like an extra week. Probably not PF's fault though - they don't control the slow postal service. I could have just started with the online books but I like paper. It's cause I'm old. Smile

Also, just took Bus Policy myself and I thought for sure that I was the only 1 who checked their myEdison account like 5 times a day hoping that the grade would miraculously appear. I just got my grade the other day, a 78. Not nearly as high as I was expecting but I'm at the point where I just want it to be done. Besides, it's not like they are going to give me a letter grade or anything.

What did you think of Bus Policy? I thought it was a bear but then again, I've gotten so spoiled by the multiple choice tests.

Have a nice holiday,
Kelly
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Purple"]Thomas Edison State College BSBA - 6/10
Excelsior College BS Liberal Arts - 9/10

Amberton MBA - 12/13 [/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Thanks, Kelly. I don't know what to think about Business Policy. I think I passed but it was so weird to do so much writing and not getting an instant grade! Do you remember how long it took to get your grade? Also, with Penn Foster, could you start the class before you received the book? I'm really anxious to get this started (actually, to get it finished!).

Ann
Ann

Tests Passed:

Penn Foster:

Straighterline:
Some of the classes have the course information online, others do not. Most Penn Foster classes have 4 20 question multiple choice tests and 1 proctored final (10 - 15 hand written essay type questions.)
akeefe3133 Wrote:Thanks, Kelly. I don't know what to think about Business Policy. I think I passed but it was so weird to do so much writing and not getting an instant grade! Do you remember how long it took to get your grade? Also, with Penn Foster, could you start the class before you received the book? I'm really anxious to get this started (actually, to get it finished!).

Ann

Which PF class are you taking? I have taken 2 thru them - Bus and Technical Writing and Info Lit and in both cases the books were available online in PDF files as well as the softcover versions PF mailed me.

As to the TECEP grade, I was pleasantly surprised that it only took between 2 1/2 to 3 weeks to get my grade. I say that because TESC is notoriously slow about everything -- plus the fact that they have to scan the test when it comes in (to grade the multiple choice portion) and then mail it out to 1 of their "advisors" who actually grades the written portion. At least that's what I was told when I called to make sure they received it.

Hopefully, you'll get your grade soon. I'm waiting on my Sales Mgmt TECEP grade from them and then I'm done. Can't wait.

Good luck,
Kelly
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Purple"]Thomas Edison State College BSBA - 6/10
Excelsior College BS Liberal Arts - 9/10

Amberton MBA - 12/13 [/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
akeefe3133 Wrote:Does anyone know how long it typically takes between signing up for a PF class and getting the log in information? I spoke with Mary Beth at PF last week; I thought she said I'd get the login info via e-mail the next day and the books by Wed next week but I haven't received an e-mail yet. I spoke to her while I was at work so I was trying to hurry through the call so I may have heard wrong.
Ann

Ann -- Call Mary Beth tomorrow and ask. I had my information for Lit within 2 business days and had most of the work done before I got it in the mail, as I cull pull up the PDF file and had it to work with.

Another thing would be to check to make sure the e-mail did not get sent to junk mail by your e-mail provider.

Judy
I got the email yesterday. I was suprised to see that the book info is available on the PF site; I'm glad that I don't have to wait for the book. I can't wait to get started!
Ann

Tests Passed:

Penn Foster:

Straighterline:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DSST Scoring Wait Time TestMan314 0 186 07-18-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: TestMan314
  Commencement Time Again Charles Fout 1 266 05-09-2024, 07:18 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 3,048 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Average time to complete a Mechanical Engineering Degree soliloquy 8 12,478 08-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: soliloquy
Sad Does anyone else hate waiting for the next term to start? fromthedepths 9 1,008 06-26-2023, 02:20 PM
  Why It's Time for Legacy College Admissions to Go LevelUP 0 463 05-09-2023, 09:15 AM
  7 Time-Management Tips for Online College Students LevelUP 0 609 02-08-2023, 04:34 PM
  Penn state's two law schools will be combined into a single law school Imbanewbie 0 624 12-01-2022, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Which college would be your choice - balancing reputation/perception - cost - time esh 6 874 08-08-2022, 05:26 PM
  Canadians that lived in foster care, free university cerich67 3 1,367 01-04-2022, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Davissio