Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IC to go
matt Wrote:Peace,

2. A checkbox for "review this question later".

Matt

For the sake of future test takers...

I'd like to see a "I know this question... take it out of my test bank set so I don't have to see it anymore" checkbox."

In the longer sets, I would have liked to wittle them down as I got them right multiple times, and see more of the cards I wasn't "getting".
Joe

Excelsior BSB Aug 21, 2009
If I go throught the flashcards more than once I would love a way to pull out the ones I am still not sure of and review them again. Going over the same question when I know it is a waste of my time.

I am studying now for Social science and History exam. If I get through all the suggested sets of flashcards even once I will be lucky. If there was a way to mark the ones I have the most problem with then go back and just study them that would be great.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Epiphany Wrote:For the sake of future test takers...

I'd like to see a "I know this question... take it out of my test bank set so I don't have to see it anymore" checkbox."

In the longer sets, I would have liked to wittle them down as I got them right multiple times, and see more of the cards I wasn't "getting".

This is another good idea--writing it down.
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
Steve, I appreciate the fact that IC listens to the community! Thank you.
---------------------------------------------------------
66 traditional credits
(comm. college, UMCP, UMUC)
[COLOR="Olive"]
[SIZE="2"]24 Exam credits: 8 down, and 1 to go ...
CLEP Business Law (August 2008) - 67
CLEP Principles of Management (August 2008) - 75
DSST Principles of Supervision (Sept. 2008) - 64
CLEP Principles of Marketing (Sept. 2008) - 72
DSST Business Law II (Oct. 2008) - 64
DSST Money and Banking (Nov. 2008) - 58
DSST Management Information Systems (Dec. 2008) - 456
DSST The Civil War and Reconstruction (Jan. 2009) - 62
[/SIZE]
[/COLOR]
[SIZE="2"]On the radar:
[COLOR="DimGray"]
CLEP American Government ?? We'll see...

UMUC Summer 2009
IFSM 430 - Info Systems & Security
IFSM 450 - Telecommunication Systems in Management
UMUC Fall 2009
IFSM 432 - Disaster Recovery Planning
IFSM 433 - Info Security Needs Assessment
IFSM 454 - Info Security Mechanism
[/SIZE]
[/COLOR]
---------------------------------------------------------
I like to write down the substance (not the verbatim) of the cards I'm having trouble with -- we don't learn from copy & paste Smile -- and review them, perhaps looking up the terms and things I don't understand. This builds connections between topics that help at exam time. Working with the knowledge & incorporating more than one learning modality (reading, doing, speaking/listening etc) really helps. I learned recently via hands-on demonstration in a class on training design that if you get more than two modalities into an exercise, retention goes up 50% or more. This plus the crucial "review within 90 minutes and again within 24 hours" make a huge difference.
I had trouble with the Macroeconomics section covering aggregate demand, so I created paper flashcards written in my own words. Some cards I continued to struggle with I wrote down in my notebook and looked up in an online Economics encyclopedia. Then I improved the card using what I found. A lot of this can be done away from the computer.

I agree though that fixing the misspellings and inconsistencies (hyphen? no hyphen? which set of cards am I in?) in the way some things are treated between exams would make them much more satisfying to use.

Phillip
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Management 77[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Sociology 74[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Marketing 78[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Psychology 80 [/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro Business Law 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 73[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP A & I Lit 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Financial Accounting 62[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Ethics in America 468[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST MIS 482[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Natural Science 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Org Behavior 80[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Finance 462[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Next: ALEKS Jail (College Algebra) Going dark to finish[/SIZE]
Those would be useful features. It would also be neat of you could chose multiple sections to take at the same time, and you could limit the number of questions, so that you could like take 100 random questions from all the sections at once.

Just a thought.
Goal - BA in History at Thomas Edison State College

Taking War and American Society and Liberal Arts Capstone at in August semester.

Information Systems and Computer Applications - 66
English Composition with Essay - 56
Freshman College Composition - 68
Analizing and Interpreting Literature - 67
Civil War and Reconstruction DSST
Vietnam War DSST
Intro to World Religions DSST - 470
Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union DSST
Western Europe since 1954 CLEP
Sociology DSST
Social Sciences and History CLEP
Sociology CLEP
et. al.
I really like hornj's idea. It would be helpful to review all 319 management flashcards at one time or all 313 marketing ones. Right now, I can only review 36-71 at a time. Randomizing helps, but I would appreciate being able to do all of them at once, so I could get an overall idea of how I am doing in the entire subject, not just "Chapter 1".
~SBD/Mara

U.S. History I (69) Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (63) U.S. History II (56) American Government (63) Natural Sciences (52) College Math (63) Political Science (UExcel) [C] Principles of Management (58) Principles of Marketing (63) Western Civ I (68) Western Civ II (58) Introductary Sociology (66) Intoductary Psychology (71) Introduction to Educational Psychology (58) Human Growth and Development (68) Social Sciences and History (60) English Composition with Essay (57)American Literature (72) English Literature (66) Art of the Western World (64) Humanities (71) College Algebra (57) Introduction to Computing (426)Principles of Public Speaking (Failed, Re-evaluating) Introduction to World Religions (462) Macroeconomics (61) Microeconomics (58)

Coming up next:
Technical Writing

Currently Taking:
The Literature of the English Bible - LSU Class

Total Credits: 102/120... 18 MORE CREDITS!!
hornj Wrote:Those would be useful features. It would also be neat of you could chose multiple sections to take at the same time, and you could limit the number of questions, so that you could like take 100 random questions from all the sections at once.

Just a thought.

Good idea. We will most likely add the ability to select more than one section at a time.
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
that's great!

I agree with matt. It's amazing that IC is so open to "customer" feedback.

I just had another thought. When I'm reviewing the flashcards that I missed, when I hit review, it takes me to the first one i missed, but when I hit next, let's say if i missed 19, it will just take me to 20, which i may or may not have gotten right. I have to write down the ones i missed and then tyoe them into the "jump" box one at a time.

It would be great when i review, it takes me 19, 36, 47, etc, just the ones i missed in the order i missed them...

just a thought.
~SBD/Mara

U.S. History I (69) Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (63) U.S. History II (56) American Government (63) Natural Sciences (52) College Math (63) Political Science (UExcel) [C] Principles of Management (58) Principles of Marketing (63) Western Civ I (68) Western Civ II (58) Introductary Sociology (66) Intoductary Psychology (71) Introduction to Educational Psychology (58) Human Growth and Development (68) Social Sciences and History (60) English Composition with Essay (57)American Literature (72) English Literature (66) Art of the Western World (64) Humanities (71) College Algebra (57) Introduction to Computing (426)Principles of Public Speaking (Failed, Re-evaluating) Introduction to World Religions (462) Macroeconomics (61) Microeconomics (58)

Coming up next:
Technical Writing

Currently Taking:
The Literature of the English Bible - LSU Class

Total Credits: 102/120... 18 MORE CREDITS!!
I am looking forward to it.
Goal - BA in History at Thomas Edison State College

Taking War and American Society and Liberal Arts Capstone at in August semester.

Information Systems and Computer Applications - 66
English Composition with Essay - 56
Freshman College Composition - 68
Analizing and Interpreting Literature - 67
Civil War and Reconstruction DSST
Vietnam War DSST
Intro to World Religions DSST - 470
Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union DSST
Western Europe since 1954 CLEP
Sociology DSST
Social Sciences and History CLEP
Sociology CLEP